“Foreigners not accepted..”

Bootleggers Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Trincity
Cuisines: Bar, International
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Foreigners not accepted..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I are on our 2nd trip to Trinidad and trying to explore all parts of the island nation. We are white Americans and at times feel discriminated against. We are staying with family and are staying a month. We love it here and definitely support the local economy. We tried to eat at Bootleggers upon recommendation from Trini friends, but were unable to obtain service. We waited over 20 minutes for a server. I watched as a couple came in well after us, they were seated and served drinks even though we were never approached. We left feeling confused, frustrated, and discriminated against based on our skin color.

• Visited June 2013

Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service, lighting needs work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My hubby and I just had our anniversary dinner at the "new" Bootleggers downstairs, Trincity mall. The lighting..... Well, it just needs LIGHT!! It's so dark we could barely read the menu. The menu could use some serious revamping and the food was just ok, both our meals were on the salty side. Our waiter, Brian was very helpful and courteous. Thumbs up to him!

Trinidad
“Lively place in east Trinidad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Bootleggers is in the Trincity Mall in East Trinidad, with the entrance being on the eastern side of the mall. To cater for those who want outdoor seating especially the smokers they have arranged tables on the sidewalk just outside the entrance to the restaurant. Inside the restaurant is a two level with the bar dominating the ground floor. The second level also has a bar that is used when the restaurant is full.

The food is very tasty and the service is good. On Friday nights this restaurant can fill up and be lively.

Trinidad
“Change of Location ... Crushed Expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

With high anticipation of the new location on the new wing of Trincity Mall plans were made to have a girls lime of drinks and dinner at Bootleggers.

The option to eat/drink on the outside is great! And also an encouragement to "wine and dine" at the establishment. Upon entering and with a brief scan of the settings I selected a seat (tall chairs and table) right next to the door (entrance) and waited on my company.

The ambiance came across appealing. However, apart from brushing off a dead fly from the table, there was a scent I just couldn't shake. But decided to let it slide as everyone was looking pretty content and happy with the environment.

When my friend arrived we ordered drinks (2 Mimosas). 15 minutes later comes our waiter, drinks swinging in one hand and rests it on our table. To our mortification the glasses were wet! water stained and without straws! My friend then proceeded to ask for our straws to which he gets and drops in our glasses :| shortly after the same waiter smashed a bug on the (dirty, finger stained) glass door :|

After a quick prayer we drank our Mimosas *raised eyebrow*... which, according to my friend tasted as though it was made with "box champagne" ahahahaha!

Well! an instant decision was made NOT to eat there! We drank then made our way to another eating establishment in the mall.

Scenario 2: I also saw a gentleman proceeding "outdoor"... drink in hand and a napkin. He caught my attention as he was adjusting the napkin next to the drink then dropped his hand (drink in hand) "down low" next to his leg. I thought nothing of it till I saw the same guy walking back in with empty plates held high! :| WHATTT!? HE IS A WAITERRRRR!?

Disappointing indeed!

As we left the establishment... along with some flies... :| a decision was made not to drink or eat there again!

1 Thank Raquel B