“Pinot the pig”

Holm Oak Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Rowella
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: At Holm Oak's cellar door we offer you a unique and authentic wine tasting experience. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will take you through our extensive range of wines and ciders in a relaxed and casual tasting room. Holm oak is a family owned vineyard and winery which is owned by two dedicated and down to earth producers - Bec (Winemaker) and Tim (Grapegrower)Duffy.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Good tasting ciders and wines but the highlight for me was meeting Pinot the pig, a celebrity in her own right after being featured in a book about dogs and pigs that live on wineries. We asked her to sit, then fed her a couple of apples. Very memorable visit. Ciders arriving at home by mail.

All reviews
"winding road"
"small vineyard"
"lovely lady"

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

On our visit to Tasmania we travelled to Holm Oak winery while staying in Launceston after having some of their beautiful wines at the Stanley pub.

On the drive into the winery there were beautiful dark grapes hanging off the vines which looked so beautiful.

It was about 30 minutes drive from Launceston. It is a family run winery and we were warmly welcomed at the cellar door.
I tasted the reds which were magnificent and my husband tasted the ciders.

After a nice tasting and a couple of great purchases to take back home to Victoria we set off for a nice pizza at Rosevears on the way back to town.

1  Thank JKS23
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stopped after recommendation from friends. Bec was a great host and obviously a pretty reasonable wine maker! Loved them all, and especially feeding apples to Pinotdpig! Great variety and a nice touch with the cider as well. Off the track, but worth the stop!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Wow. On a recent trip back to my home state (living in europe) I decided to take my wife and my parents on a little wine tour in the Tamar Valley. This was the first stop and what a way to start. Lucky Dad was driving. We must have tasted at least 10 wines. I am not a connoissuer but do like a nice bottle of wine especially with some equally good food. The lady who showed us the wines was very friendly, knowledgeable and passionate. I think we walked away with 4 bottles and I would have taken more if I could have fit them in my suitcase. Great to see Tassie producing such great produce and most of all with pride and passion. Always makes me proud of my home. Definitely recommend and will definitely return. Thank you