“Don't give it a miss or you're gonna regret!!!!!”
Review of Bana Bama Horse Rides - CLOSED

Bana Bama Horse Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An amazing 3 hour ride along the beautiful heritage list beach, into Daintree rainforest and along native title tracks. Your guides are traditional owner of the area and will share dreaming stories of the area. Enjoy a tea and damper on return. Enjoy your day the traditional way
Port Douglas, Australia
“Don't give it a miss or you're gonna regret!!!!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Me and my boyfriend are French and went there for a ride this morning and it was just bloody amazing! We learnt a lot about aboriginal stories and this area! Tammy is just so friendly and the staff are mature age! The horses were lovely and healthy, we really enjoyed them! I don't understand the review before, except if it is the previous owner..... So don't hesitate to come here and to ride these beautiful horses otherwise you're gonna regret!!!!! And thanks a lot for the lovely damper we had with tea!

Visited May 2014

Adelaide
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Give it a miss”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I recently went there and had an awful time! The people there were rude and were more interested in showing off on their horses than giving me the full experience. I had previously gone on this ride last year and has the time of my life. Was wonderful to be taken through the beautiful rain forest and onto the beach. Had an amazing guide who told my family and I all about port Douglas and the daintree. This did not happen this time round. Where did the previous owner go?!? Bring her back I say!
Also I hate to point out the fact a 13 or 14 year old girl was on the ride as a guide. This to me is un acceptable. I grew up around horses and someone of that age is not equipped to handle a situation if something goes wrong. The owner tam (I think it was) clearly doesn't know how to run this business and hire polite staff.

Visited February 2014
7 Thank Wanderluster34
United States
189 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Great afternoon”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Informative, friendly and patient that is how I would describe Tammy who runs Bama Bama. She has a wealth of knowledge about the area, it was very interesting listening to her stories. She went out of her way to make sure that everyone on the ride got the experience that they came for. She was more than willing for some to canter on ahead while others meandered slowly behind. The added bonus of Lollipop the goat providing some interesting afternoon company topped off a great afternoon of riding.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank fnqfamily
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Relaxing & friendly.”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Neither of us had ridden for many years! Relaxed, friendly and informative ride. The horses are relaxed, loved and with personality :). The staff are relaxed, warm, genuine and patient. No fuss and an easy way to experience a different side of North Queensland for a couple of hours. Do it - you will enjoy.

Visited February 2014
Mareeba, Australia
“Thanks Tammy”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Thankyou Tammy and the girls(and horses of corse) for the wonderfull morning ride.
The scenery was awsome(beach and rainforest)and your hospitality was comforting.
See you again sometime soon.
Simon and family.