other traveler has booked this property

Review of Energia das Aguas

Banheiro interno Quarto
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Banheiro interno
Quarto
Segundo quarto
Cozinha totalmente equipada com talheres, panelas e pratos.
Mesa, além da bancada de pedra. Fornecemos um galão de água mineral como cortesia.
Sala com vista para as montanhas.
Corredor de entrada
Quarto com destaque para os armários.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Mark G
Jatai, GO
“Definitely Not Recommended!”
Reviewed January 4, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

I prefer not giving bad reviews but like many other traveling consumers I rely heavily on other consumer`s evaluations when making reservations. My wife and I make an annual trip to Termas de Gravatal to visit friends and to shop for quality clothing made in Gravatal. We usually stay at one of the town`s hotels but I thought I`d give this rental a try despite it`s having no previous evaluations.
I made my reservation for three people, paid the initial deposit and was surprised that the booking was declined. The owner responded with a counter-offer at a cost 35% higher than what had been posted on his vacation rental announcement. At 62 and a world traveler my entire life, I had never had this happen before so I entered in contact with the owner questioning the seemingly arbitrary increase from one day to another. He replied that the announcement had generated little demand and had not been updated to reflect current pricing.
Nonplussed, but wanting to have the reservation made, I agreed to the adjustment, trusting the balance of my experience would be more positive. Before travelling, I contacted the owner to advise him a fourth person would be sharing the rental with us and when we would arrive. On arrival the owner delivered the keys and introduced us to the property. Our first surprise was the kitchen cabinet drawer that required cardboard wadding to stay shut since the cabinetry was installed on a slopping floor. My wife, her mother, and aunt never quite got the hang of it so I became the official closer of the cabinet drawer during our two-day stay.
The owner advertizes ceiling fans in the property, a must have when there is no air-conditioning in the subtropical Santa Catarina summer. You would imagine there would normally be a ceiling fan in at least the living areas and in each bedroom. This was not the case, there were only two ceiling fans, one in the living room and one in the bedroom with the two single beds which was occupied by my wife`s mother and aunt. Even so, both complained about the heat. You can only imagine what it was like in the bedroom with no ceiling fan! Please be advised there are no screens in the windows and dengue, chikungunya e zika virus are all of concern in this part of Brazil.
However, our surprises did not end with the heat, next it was the bathroom. The shower had practically no water pressure and was literally providing drops of water. Imagine the challenge of three women needing to wash their hair when I, a balding senior required ten minutes to rinse the shampoo from my remaining head of hair..
Despite the negative rental experience, we were enjoying ourselves off premises, shopping and eating out and I had decided not to complain to the owner during our visit. On our second evening we entered into contact letting the owner`s wife know we would be leaving early the next morning. That morning, I rang the owners interphone and the owner came down not to say goodbye, not to ask how we had enjoyed our stay but to charge me an additional fee for the pre-advised fourth person. I was floored, especially since the overall value charged was tantamount to extortion for the very poor lodging we had endured during our stay! Wanting to avoid any further negativity, I paid the requested value and was glad to leave the property.

In summary, I highly recommend against staying at this property.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jan 5, 2017
For convenience, I prefer to respond this evaluation in portuguese.

A reserva foi realizada para três pessoas e, ao chegarem quatro hóspedes, nós cobramos um valor adicional. Essa é nossa política e está expressa no site. Pedimos desculpas pela gaveta da cozinha. Ela nunca havia sido objeto de críticas, mas agradecemos a manifestação e certamente iremos corrigir. Quanto aos ventiladores de teto e a ausência de ar condicionado, essas são características do apartamento que estão expressas no site e nas fotos do imóvel. Realmente essa é uma época que faz calor em Gravatal. Por fim, gostaria de mencionar que nossos hóspedes costumam vir para as Termas do Gravatal para usar os banhos termais e, por isso, em geral, não reparam no chuveiro. Ele pode não ser potente, mas considero a descrição exagerada. Realmente não alugamos muito pelo trip, cerca de 90% dos nossos hóspedes vem do booking e o valor estava desatualizado no primeiro contato. Após explicar essa situação e o hóspede concordar com o novo valor pensei que havíamos resolvido o desentendimento. Não considero ético expor as negociações na avaliação, e os detalhes mencionados, sobretudo porque operamos com um valor abaixo da média dos imóveis da região.

Travelers are raving about these Gravatal hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing