“Educational and personal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cooper Creek Wilderness

Cooper Creek Wilderness
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooper Creek Wilderness is famous for its magnificent Fan Palm Galleries. This rainforest-relict from Gondwana is inspirational and exceptional. Old-world rainforest, pristine and primitive, needs to be experienced on a guided interpreted tour with a local expert to fully appreciate its rarity and complexity. We recommend both day and night tours.
Singapore, Singapore
“Educational and personal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a wonderful morning with Prue! Because we were traveling with our 2 and 5 year olds, we took Prue's advice to take a private walk so that we could go at our own pace. It is clear that she loves what she does and has an amazing wealth of information to share. Prue was so warm to the children and was mindful to engage them as well. She had our 5 year old feeling like a real adventurer! We learned a great deal and really enjoyed our time. Definitely recommend!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“An amazing experience through the primeval rainforest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My daughter, son in law and me had a 2 hour guided daytime tour with Neil and a few others yesterday through the forest. I can only say it was fantastic. We learned about the finely balanced inter-relationships of plants, insects, animals and birds from one whose knowledge and enthusiasm living in and caring about the forest is awesome. He did a wonderful job trying to pass some of this on to us. I thought I knew a thing or two about ecology but nothing on that scale. The detail was incredible. Very enjoyable, interesting and thought provoking

This really was for me the highlight of our 4 day trip to the Daintree. If you come to this part of the world go on a croc sighting tour for sure, but don't miss this amazing experience.

MN USA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Truly Impressive Night Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went a long way our of our way for this tour (about 3 hours' drive from our accommodations) but it was well worth it. We showed up a few minutes early, and our guide was ready for us when we got there. He was just wonderful! He had the sort of air of a retired professor-- very knowledgeable and very patient. It didn't feel like we were getting a scripted spiel from our guide; rather he talked with us about what we saw. He has an incredibly sharp eye for picking out little tree frogs and had answers for all my questions about the things I observed-- and I had quite a few questions.
We didn't see any fauna larger than a small tree snake, but it was magical nonetheless. (I understand there's more activity in the rainy season, but we went during our daughter's school vacation time.) We saw stick insects, some impressive vegetation, frogs, a snake, some unusual crickets, "sleeping" butterflies, and some delightful roosting birds (that we were careful not to disturb). We also saw the damage feral pigs can do, learned some things about the ecology of the region and the delicate balance at stake. Our guide not only gave us names for the things we saw, but also gave interesting background information
Before hearing of Cooper Creek Wilderness, we booked a daytime Daintree walk with someone else. While that was all right, it didn't compare to this. If you just want to sprint down a boardwalk, see a crocodile and have some ice cream, then it probably won't be worth it to you to put in the extra effort to get to CC. However, if you're an avid naturalist, regardless of your knowledge level, CC offers a unique and memorable experience.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank ooojen
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

The owner Prue took us for a 2 hour walk today and it turned out to be the best ever guided nature walk I had participated in. Her knowledge about and passion for the rainforest is just amazing and her delivery and wit is so enjoyable that we learned while having lots of fun at the same time. Highly, highly recommended!!!

Hoover, Alabama
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Awesome is not good enough. Maybe the best attraction I have ever visited.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I visited the Daintree region during a 2 week visit to Australia June 2013 from the US. We only had one day in the rainforest so I spent quite a bit of time searching before the trip to make sure we maximized our time and experiences. (We traveled to Cairns for an IM triathlon). I ran across Cooper Creek while looking on-line for things to do in the region. The TA comments were off the charts. We drove up one morning early from Cairns (1-1/2 hr away) and went on the 2 hr tour. Prue had been very helpful emailing back and forth. Neil, as other comments state, is one of the most passionate and knowledgeable guides you will ever find. It is easy to see his genuine nature and comments about the rainforest. In fact, the tour starts from his house. This might have been one of the coolest things my wife and I have ever done. Neil, the tour, and his commentary about the rainforest will not disappoint. This tour will not have boardwalks or concrete. You are literally making your way through the uncharted rainforest on narrow paths. We did not see a cassowary on our tour, but evidence was all around that they were present. We would recommend taking as much time here as you can. Neil commented that less than 1% of those that visit the rainforest stop and visit Cooper Creek. What a pity. They miss the absolute best hands down. Thank you Neil for the time you spent with my wife and I. Since there was no-one else scheduled for our tour, we basically had a private tour.