Arawak Beach Inn
Shoal Bay Villas(Shoal Bay Village)(Great Value!)
$240
Zemi Beach House, Hotel & Spa(Shoal Bay Village)(Great Value!)
$495
Royal Palms Holiday Suites(South Hill)(Great Value!)
$135
Carimar Beach Club(West End Village)(Great Value!)
$275
Travelocity
The Reef by CuisinArt(Anguilla)(Great Value!)
$525
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsscilly cayother guestsgracious hostsceiling fanrooms are beautifulminute drivemariarawaibreezebeachesislandcaribbeanrope
Reviewed February 13, 2013

all i can say is that if i had to live somewhere this is the place. The staff makes this place the best. First class treatment and enjoyfull time came during the festival and what fun. Looking forward to going back next summer. they even had a cake for my birthday

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you are looking for 5-star lodging, turn around. If you are looking for somebody to greet you with a big heartfelt smile and go out of her way to make your stay a great one, please meet Maria at the Arawak. We must in all honesty admit that the rooms could use a little TLC... But we personally got plenty of that... :-)
Now seriously: most of the rooms are a little dated, rather old school furniture and the bathrooms could benefit from a bit of revamping. But they also have four new ones that are actually great. In any case they have great king size beds and you don't need much more if you just want to explore Anguilla's great beaches.
Maria manages the place and is its heart and soul, she will help you with anything you may need and will offer to drive you to nearby places, like Shoal Bay. You should get a car though to drive to different beaches and restaurants.
The bar is on an honour system and that contributes to making you feel at home, you don't feel waited on. We like that.
Maude is in charge of the kitchen and her pizza is renowned, make sure to try it!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was a very impromptu trip as I did absolutely no research. And what I found was a picturesque place called the Arawak Beach Inn. The taxi drove through this curved and winding road and finally stopped and I didn't quite know what to expect. I stepped into the check out area and was greeted warmly by Maria who reminded me so much of family. The bar works on an honor system, you serve your own self and write down your drinks on the sheet, a rare perk nowadays. I was taken to my room and I was floored. A king sized bed greeted me (as I was quite tired) so I layed down and looked up to a steeple of a ceiling. The real treat was the next morning when I woke up, stepped onto the balcony to an amazing ocean view. I sat down and took in the moment. After being lazy for a moment I decided to venture to the cafe to see what the cuisine might be like. Even though the menu was pretty basic I was informed that if I didn't see anything I liked, that Maude the cook would make me whatever I preferred. My personal favorites the Caribbean Chicken and the pizza is the best I have had yet! And I got to experience the locals who would stop by who have first hand knowledge of the island and great storytelling. I would definitely visit the Arawak Beach Inn again.

Room Tip: The Premium rooms on the upper level is a must!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Nikki M
Reviewed December 19, 2012

It was our first trip to Anguilla as we have been trying to see some of the smaller islands of the world.

The Arawak was as described and is not for those expecting a 5 star stay.

What it was for us was a quiet escape with a balcony view of the harbor and Scilly Caye. Wake up to the sunrise coming over the hillside and illuminating the harbor water that is dotted with fishing boats and the sky filled with pelicans and other birds that spend their days fishing for bait fish.

The room was clean and the only issue was a screen that needed replaced in the bathroom and Maria and Clinton took care of this the same day we requested the repair. The adirondack chairs on our balcony were perfect.

We only had a couple of meals there as we rented a car for the week and like to explore the island and try new places. Maria was awesome with setting up the car for us which came with one free day when we rented it for 6. We were able to drop it off on the Ferry on the way back to St. Martin which was a plus as it saved us from the 30 dollar cab fee. The meals that we did have were decent though....pizza with ham, pineapple and red peppers, and a chicken salad sandwhich of the day with fresh cut fries. The menu is fairly limited but we expected that due to going in the semi off season. We made our way to the local markets for bread, cheese, and fruits for our daily breakfast which we had early in the mornings before heading out.

The honor bar was great and always stocked with a decent selection and the ice machine was always full.

The island is awesome and the people are very nice....the special rate for $99 a night was pretty spectacular as we can't find a hotel in our city for that price let alone on the water with a bay view from our balcony.

Misquitos were biting when the winds were down but that is why they make bug spray.

We are not high maintenance people so this was the perfect place for us.

Maria went out of her way to drive us to Shoal bay and pick us up since we didn't have a car the first day there and she even offered to pick us up food and such from the market when she was heading out.

We would stay there again no problem....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doug K
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Tropical storm Isaac was around in August and we were not able to fully enjoy our week in Anguilla. We had to come back only three months later! The value was that the room was at a special rate, and we wanted to fully enjoy the experience of Anguilla. We got a PERFECT view with an outstanding breeze and the rooms WERE clean. One has to remember that this is the Caribbean and there is sand and are bugs and it isn't as if there is a Home Depot is right down the street. The bed was clean and a king size, which is unusual in a smaller inn.We had our own balcony and few mosquitos on the upper floor. You have to let it sink in and learn to enjoy the people and the ambience, and their pace is different, slower, than that of a bustling Chicagoan or city person. Maria was WONDERFUL and Maude made my boyfriend feel right at home when she waived and smiled as she drove by one morning. We loved serving ourselves at the bar, and this is what makes it so special is that at-home feel to it. Why spend the money at Cap Jaluca? I don't see the value. You can meet people at the pool and feel like you are a part of something there. Samantha was all smiles, and Clinton was a take-at-easy kind of guy. Normally you dont get to meet an entire staff at a hotel! The maintenance man was a plethora of information, although unfortunately we never got his name. I did get irritated with some of the guests not noticing that things really are different here, and they were scared of this dog or that dog when all they had to do was be nice to them. Anguilla does have dogs. And goats, and fish, and great beaches, and wonderful people. We regretted not eating more of Maude's food as it smelled devine, but we had such a foodie agenda that we really didn't spend much time eating at the Arawak.We felt safe there and it was a great way to really SEE the island life and meet real people. Island Harbor is right there and Shoal Bay isn't that far away. We will miss you the people of Arawak!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor. the water pressure is a bit light and floors not perfectly even, but again, a GREAT value. Be nice to the animals if there are any. Try Maude's cooking. She has a lot to offer. Get some water/stuff for your fridge to save money. Rent a car and see the rest of the island, it's easy to drive around.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple