“Another Fantistic Holiday”
Review of Arawak Beach Inn

Arawak Beach Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Island Harbour
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This was our 3rd trip to the Arawak , and was as fantastic as ever BUT the new rooms blew me away - breathtaking - we choose one of the " regular rooms " but did get to view the new rooms , just fantastic ,granite kitchenettes , marble / stone bathrooms , will be back & know exactly witch room I want
3rd trip and got to go to Scrub Island ( couldn't go last time because I'd just had back surgery )
What a trip , it's on my #1 list of things to do again , Maria's picknic was delicious , Joe Badger
Local boatman was a dynamic Captain to speed us along the island , Joe is an expert sailer and took us to this fantastic coral bay , on this unihabited island , probably the best day out I've ever had - anywhere
Wonderful Island food at the Arawak & there's a nice New place called " On Da Rocks " on the harbor too , just a few mins walk away , and very reasonable , with lots of local folk
Can't thank Maria enough as always for making all that island stuff work with no hassle , and special thanks to Stella & Maurice with the booking Relax@arawakbeach.com
Stella you were fantastic in co ordinating the car / trips / transfers ,made it a breeze
By the way Mr BC or Maria or Kyle or Katie , I am currently in love with Pat & Barry's room , next time were over , that's the room I want
can't thank you all again & Joe for a fantastic trip , we all ( us & Pat & Barry all had a great time , we all want to come back soon )
Hope your seasons good , and can't wait to see you all again , thanks , for a few days in heaven for us , Martin & Scott

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank freshbrit

Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is a low key spot to stay, it is a beautiful location. In moments you can be on the most amazing beach at Shoal Bay. Nothing could be better! It is not a luxury resort, it is very low key, you sign your own guest check at the bar and you pour your own coffee... It is friendly and personal. The bathroom could have been nicer and a coffee pot in our room as well as a comfy armchair or small couch would have made it perfect but I am not complaining, it is a good deal and a great place to explore form. You will enjoy it if you go! We ate out a bit and did not have their meal plan, we loved "On Da Rocks" and "Tropical Sunset." both had excellent service and friendly faces!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denise A
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I spent nearly the whole of October 2011 at the Arawak on a work assignment in Anguilla. My wife joined me for a week. We both had a very good time, enjoying the location and the company - it is a place where one feels part of the extended family. The whole team, led by Maria, are good fun and engaging. The informality is to be cherished because it is such a contrast to your average hotel chain.

The location is tranquil, with great views, an almost constant onshore breeze and wonderful birdlife to watch. It is a great spot to chill out.

I would recommend hiring a car - the island is easy to get around if you have transport - and car hire is inexpensive. There are very good beaches to visit. Although it is not an obvious place to stay on business, internet speeds are good and my room had a comfortable desk and chair.

Given the chance, we would be back like a shot!

Room Tip: Go for an upstairs room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Nomad38
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Thanks to Stella in New York for taking care of all the details for a perfect week! We loved the Arawak! If your looking to experience a real island adventure this is the place.We stayed in the new deluxe rooms so all was perfect. The college students staying there are awesome. Maude
in the kitchen is a wonderful cook with a giant heart. Clinton is an amazing man who looked after our every need. Maria runs an Inn on making sure every guest has a wonderful vacation. I would suggest having Stella book you a jeep ( as she did for us) and travel the island; a new beach everyday, meet the happiest, friendliest people I've ever seen. Hire Calvin to take you via his boat to Little Bay. Spend the evening at Bankie Banks restaurant and hear some island music. Our hope when returning from a vacation is that we"ll have gained something enduring and return happier, healthier and worldlier. Mission accomplished. Hope to return soon

Room Tip: pay the extra for a second floor new room at the far end
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sher E
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I have lived in the Arawak for eight months now, and couldn't be happier. As a student, this is the perfect place b/c Maria and the staff are so encouraging, and positive. I have a cute little studio apartment, and have never had a problem w/ seeing any rodents or critters. The service is amazing, and most of all, Maria is one of the most amazing women I have ever met. She really goes out of her way to ensure that all her guests are really happy and satisfied.
The food is fantastic--- I think I have gained weight from just munching on the various creations in the kitchen. I'm a vegetarian, and there are always things for me to eat (the soups are always vegetarian). I have a serious sweet tooth, so I am always eating what are called 'specials,' which are really just home made versions of water ice.
The best part of the Arawak is that Maria and her staff are willing to work w/ you in effort to make you completely happy, whether it be finding a good rate, or just finding out things about the island. They know how to handle everything!
If ever in Anguilla, stay here!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank traveldiva83
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This is a place for those who are looking for a real down to earth, personal vacation.
I had an amazing time here and became very close to EVERY single employee, especially the owner Maria. I have never been treated so well anywhere before. I came here to find myself again and recover from life in general. I left here with some of the best memories of my life and with friends that are to this day close to my heart.

Thank you! I will be back as soon as I possibly can!

-Florian Grohmann

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank SynthesizeMe
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I had a good chuckle reading the reviews by the fraidy-cat couple from Philadelphia. I stayed there for a week last month and loved every minute of it. The Arawak is actually near the village of Island Harbour, within walking distance of the local supermarket, and a stone's throw from the village public school. Quite a few of the school kids walk over and have lunch. I felt perfectly safe the whole time, both at the Arawak, and on the island as a whole. In fact, every Anguillan that I met was very friendly, helpful, and happy to extend their amazing hospitality to visitors. One of the big plusses about the Arawak is that Shoal Bay Beach, which is truly one of the finest beaches that I have seen, is only ten minutes away by car. Maria, the manager, is a gem, and does a great job looking after your every need without getting underfoot. I felt no need for air conditioning and was very happy to sleep with all the windows wide open so that I could hear the sound of the surf, and if that appeals to you as well, you should request an upper deluxe unit. The pool is right outside the restaurant/bar area and is well maintained. It's nice to be able to have dinner on the teak patio furniture poolside in the evening, and enjoy the great view since you are only steps from the ocean. The dinners that I had there were all great - especially the grouper in a cream sauce - very nice. I can also recommend the lime cheesecake with choclate drizzle - I had to have that more than once! Maria makes sure the coffee is always freshly brewed, and you are free to help yourself to beer, wine, etc. just note it down, since it is via the honour system. The Arawak upper unit that I was in was great. The shower rod was tired and could use replacing, and the shower soap/shampoo caddy was getting rusty, but these are minor items and I am sure they will be upgraded in the near future. Maria ensures that the Arawak has the special feel of being with "family", rather than just another hotel guest. I am already making plans to return there next November.....

Room Tip: Ask for Stella in the NY booking office. She will look after you and also co-ordinate all your loca...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
#11 of 13 in West End Village
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Shoal Bay Village

Been to Arawak Beach Inn? Share your experiences!