“A new (year) experience”
Review of The Vanilla Pod - CLOSED

The Vanilla Pod
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Vanilla pod is no longer exist according to fb page. The hotel was under renovation from May and recently opened again. The restaurant is renamed the same as the hotel name. https://www.facebook.com/TheCridfordInn/ Created new listing id: 10496463
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We dined at the Vanilla Pod on New Year's Eve as we've never dined out to see the New Year in. The bar area of the Cridford Inn was very lively with an Abba-themed karaoke, and the party atmosphere spilled over into the restaurant which was nice. The food was very good with my wife's mushroom starter, and my trio of fish main being the highlights. I did enjoy the Abba cherry tart too!
The service was okay but a few simple things could have been improved. The waiting staff were all quite young and I'm guessing a little inexperienced, but for New Year's Eve perhaps this is understandable. It certainly didn't impact on us having a good time, and maybe next year we'll renew this acquaintance, Auld Lang Syne style.

1  Thank ghotine
cridfordinn, Owner at The Vanilla Pod, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thankyou for your review.New years eve was absolutely fantastic,the Cridford was buzzing.You are right ,I do have quite a young team here,and they all work fantastically well,and probably New years eve would have been slightly different,as this team would never have seen the bar so packed full of people,in fact I don't think I have ever seen it so busy.Thankyou for joining us on that special night.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Lovely looking building, real old world charm. Lovely food with good service. Very busy with a lovely buzz, will be back

Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Arrived on a very wet Wednesday evening around 18:30. The Cridford Inn was empty at the time, this maybe due to the weather keeping people inside or our early arrival, this did not bother us as it was both warm and welcoming inside. The young man behind the bar greeted us with a smile and was very pleasant for the entire evening, we were given our drinks, a choice of seats, menus and informed about the specials board. Our table was clean and well presented, and on a cold damp November evening right next to a lovely wood burner. Several other couples arrived throughout the evening which gave the place a little more atmosphere and when the food arrived it was hot, fresh and plentiful. If I was to be really picky, the only downside was when we finished our mains the plates were not cleared quick enough, but to be honest this is not a massive issue and is no cause for real complaint. The premises has some lovely little finishing touches and interesting history. I would certainly go back, and also encourage friends and family to visit. All in all I think the owners and staff should be very proud.

2  Thank Matt G
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great food served by people with a passion for good service. Local beers, local food, cooked to perfection.

1  Thank azurar01
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our visit was a birthday celebration for my husband; we'd been to the restaurant a few times in the past and it never fails to wow us. The place is friendly and efficient, the food and service wonderful. They have the timings between courses down to a T - just as we were thinking we'd like the next course, there it was! How other reviewers can say it's over-rated is beyond me, they must be ultra picky!We love the place and will be going back soon.

2  Thank Ouzoandlemonade