“Very Nice”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
BC
“Very Nice”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We enjoyed a very delicious meal at Las Tinajas. As others have noted, the portions are huge, we burst out laughing when we saw the size of the chicken mole--it looked like it was meant to feed a family and not one person.

But very tasty it was, as were the chicken enchiladas verde and rojo. The rojo were supposed to be suizas, but after the disappointment ended, the rojo enchiladas filled the spot nicely.

Good, friendly service and no gratuity added automatically to the bill. This seemed common in Palenque, must be due to all the europeans here who might otherwise not tip. The ladies come by selling some beautiful, hand made items.

Enchiladas were 45 pesos, the huge chicken mole was 100.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank pumpermum

Merida, Mexico
“The best dining in Palenque”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This restaurant was easily the most enjoyable that I visited in Palenque. As others have noted, the portions are huge, but also have a terrific authentic Chiapan taste. I enjoyed both the mole enchiladas, a bit sweeter than I am accustomed to, but delicious and the steak tampiqueno. The steak platter involves a good portion of well marinated and nicely cooked beef, salad, beans, guacamole, sweet plantain and what the heck, a delicious roasted chicken enchilada just for fun. Seriously consider sharing a main course with a friend.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank fred t
“Huge portions!!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Ate here tonight with my wife and baby. Attentive staff, even came with a towel to clean up our baby's water throwing activities. Usual wide selection menu of a mix of Mexican & Italian fare but what is unusual was the shear size of portions!!! Great value

1 Thank Duthac
“The atmosphere isn't much, but the food is pretty good.”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Don't be put off by the worn and simple building. The food here is very enjoyable. I'm vegetarian, and while the selection for me wasn't huge, it was enough to be interesting. Ask for some limes - once we did, the balance of flavour in our food improved a lot. Service was a little slow, but we were ok with that. People will try to sell you things at your table but not many. They aren't too persistent.
They don't take credit cards. The price was fine. Around 200 pesos for 2 people including drinks and tip. Much cheaper than the tourist restaurants.

1 Thank kiwicritic28
Mahahual,
“Huge portions, tasy food, authentic”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We visited Las Tinajas with a group of 6 people and we started the meal with an unbelievably large pitcher of Guayabana drink. It was so thick and delicious - almost pure fruit - for 60 pesos. We all ordered something different and the portions were huge. I ordered the Soup of the house and it was wonderful. I couldn't finish it. My grandson ordered Pollo Asado, which was some of the best I've ever had in Mexico. My daughter ordered the Pollo Primavera, which was smothered in vegetables. I could go on, but every dish was huge, each one delicious, hot and made of fresh ingredients. It was some of the best food I've had in Chiapas. The only reason I am not giving it a 5 was that the service was a bit lacking. The food came out sporadically and when the last dish came out - most of the other dishes were cold.

• Visited June 2012