“Huge portions!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Huge portions!!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Ate here tonight with my wife and baby. Attentive staff, even came with a towel to clean up our baby's water throwing activities. Usual wide selection menu of a mix of Mexican & Italian fare but what is unusual was the shear size of portions!!! Great value

1 Thank Duthac

“The atmosphere isn't much, but the food is pretty good.”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Don't be put off by the worn and simple building. The food here is very enjoyable. I'm vegetarian, and while the selection for me wasn't huge, it was enough to be interesting. Ask for some limes - once we did, the balance of flavour in our food improved a lot. Service was a little slow, but we were ok with that. People will try to sell you things at your table but not many. They aren't too persistent.
They don't take credit cards. The price was fine. Around 200 pesos for 2 people including drinks and tip. Much cheaper than the tourist restaurants.

1 Thank kiwicritic28
Mahahual,
“Huge portions, tasy food, authentic”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We visited Las Tinajas with a group of 6 people and we started the meal with an unbelievably large pitcher of Guayabana drink. It was so thick and delicious - almost pure fruit - for 60 pesos. We all ordered something different and the portions were huge. I ordered the Soup of the house and it was wonderful. I couldn't finish it. My grandson ordered Pollo Asado, which was some of the best I've ever had in Mexico. My daughter ordered the Pollo Primavera, which was smothered in vegetables. I could go on, but every dish was huge, each one delicious, hot and made of fresh ingredients. It was some of the best food I've had in Chiapas. The only reason I am not giving it a 5 was that the service was a bit lacking. The food came out sporadically and when the last dish came out - most of the other dishes were cold.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Marcia B
Boston
“Good food, reasonable prices, huge portions, unbelievable "black" salsa.”
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Eat here! I have been three times in two visits and enjoyed it very much each time. Good food, nice atmosphere, good valuePlus it gets you into town and close to the main square where actual Mexican people are living, working, and relaxing instead of the phony euro-hippie atmosphere of El Panchan, where the people supposedly getting close to nature are in fact destroying it. The salsa is really different from what most gringos might be accustomed to but trust me, it is really, really good.

1 Thank gdenton
MEXICO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best breakfast in palenque”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Great breakfast with many choices of southern mexican food.. Check out in the menu for 'antojitos'

1 Thank JAROPEREZ