Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 16, 2015 via mobile

STAY AWAY!

hands down the worst hostel I have ever stayed in... and that's saying a lot. I up graded to a room with air conditioning because the heat in the dorm was unbearable. the sheets had mouse droppings on them, there were large dead and alive bugs in the room... mold spores on the pillows... and a living scorpion. you're right, sounds right out of hell. when I mentioned all of these to the front desk they said they would consult management. their response: "welcome to the jungle". couldn't have been more out of a horror movie. the wifi only works in the reception area, staff is unfriendly and were unable to lend any information re bus times and costs, strongly consider staying any where else but here.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank wademuir
Reviewed May 12, 2015 via mobile

Let's break this down:
Pros:
- staff very friendly alright and helped out when needed. Loads of smiles, and I didn't have problems with them not paying attention.
- not too far away from everything (though Palenque is already quite small)
- rooms and design was pleasant.

Cons:
- Hardly any stuff in the kitchen, it lacked loads of essential and cheap utensils that you simply come to expect.
- Mosquitos everywhere. I have never been bitten so much as when I stayed in their lobby. They are even in the rooms and showers. They're truly need to provide some candles with incense to repel them, as my repellent couldn't keep them all at bay. The usual tip is don't so to places that have problems with mosquitoes, especially in an area with malaria like Palenque.
- the Internet didn't work the first day (and according to the guests a whole week) and when it finally did, only in lobby (which, because of the Mosquitos, is a problem)
- the only ac you will get in the dorms is two vents in the ceiling, so choose a top bed. There is also only one lamp for a large room, now that is stupid... Hardly illuminated the whole room
They do not display the correct price on the website, I think it was around 130-160 pesos a night for the dorm.

I would probably avoid coming back here

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 11, 2015

I stayed in a private room with air conditioner. The room has no window and no air circulation at all. It's on the second floor but I felt like I was in a basement. It's located across the street from the lobby and wi-fi signal didn't reach my room. Staff was OK. Air conditioner was noisy but worked great. I moved to another hotel next morning.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2015 via mobile

We stayed and was just planning on one night but because of limited buses we ended up staying 2.
We stayed in the private rooms with shared bathrooms which were decent except the showers were full of mozzies so you had to shower quick. Our first night we were woken a lot by rats running around and scratching in the roof!

When we told reception they acted like they didn't understand, then I let them get back to playing games on their phones! They were not helpful or friendly in anyway. The kitchen is so poorly stocked we had to ask for a cup which they said there wasn't any! He had 3 sat at the reception desk which they were using so he eventually washed one for me!
Its a shame because it's a good set up and layout I just found the staff to let it down!
The last night we had to report a strange guy who was walking around the rooms, just because reception don't keep an eye on who walks in!
I wouldn't recommend it here, it does however seem to be a good place to meet people.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2015

We recently stayed for two nights in this hostel in two different rooms, both of which were very average quality especially given the price. This claims to be a hostel but has hotel prices, sadly without the quality to match.
Firstly we stayed in room 4A which is has small with a private bathroom. We moved from here after the first night as it backs onto the restaurant kitchen. At first the room looked ok, it has two big windows with mosquito nets. However it's not until night time when the kitchen staff are washing up and banging pots & pans then plates then knives & forks, dragging chairs across the floor with the music turned up until 1am.
So the next day we moved to a room across the road in a separate building. This was a lot bigger and noise free however had no windows and lacked character. You had to walk back over to the hostels main property to use the internet / kitchen or get water.
If you are someone that needs to use the internet for any reason, don't come here. It barely works in the main building standing right next to the router let alone in the rooms.
There are also multitude of mosquitos in the inadequately decked out kitchen.
We wouldn't have minded so much had we paid hostel prices, but this place is expensive for what it is.
On the plus side the cafe next door, Jade serves good coffee.

Room tip: you get what you pay for
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple