Yaxkin Hostel
$32
$66
Priceline
$33
All reviewshot waterthe buscommon areashuge treespadlock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The place offers pretty nice private rooms that are very simple, and a little on the dark side, but they don´t get too hot. The only downside is that the doorways and roofs are all meant for people about 5ft tall, so both of us constantly bumped our heads. It is also challengin to close bathroom door with long legs.
The kitchen is nice and big and there are 2 refridgerators, but it is lacking in basic necessities like decent pots and pans.
Overall, not a bad stay, but our main complaint is with the staff. One night the drinking water ran out and when we asked the guy at the front desk if there was more he asked if we needed it. Turns out all he needed to do was refill from the purifier on the tap, but this took him away from his movie. Then we asked the staff the enterance price to the ruins, and they gave us the wrong numbers (57 entrance fee, 20 for collectivo, 27 for national park ¨donation´´). Finally, we asked where the AEXA bus station was and they sent us the completely wrong direction. It is like the staff have never left the hostel and have no idea about the city.

Room Tip: Private rooms are not that much more than dorms if you are traveling as a couple.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin-RTW
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked the night because we did not want to spent much money. it turned out to be a really nice, clean place. much nicer than a lot of hotels in palenque. i totally recommend that place. the rooms are clean and simple. the showers are hot and very good. there is good wifi, television, a computer and a kitchen. the only thing i was confused about is that you are not allowed to cook with garlic, seafood or sausages. and there are no towels in the kitchen and some other equipment is missing but... never mind. the best hostel!

Room Tip: The private bedroom for two is really nice. and its almost the same price like a dorm.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EsaLo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

It was my first time in Chiapas, a friend had reccomended this place to stay and I couldn't be happier with the choice. Walking distance to main streets, but yet tucked away in its perfect little corner. From the moment we started walking in, I was intrigued by the Artwork surrounding us. We had a beautiful clean room with air condition that was never turned on(even a tv that we never clicked on). As much as I had the opportunity to explore All around me, everytime I went back home(yaxkin) I knew there would be something new that I hadn't seen before. The Best word to describe it is "Mystical" :) the staff are not only helpful, I Thank them for adding to my Wonderful experience in Chiapas!!!! I'm doing my best to go back, but this time have a longer stay:)
I'll B Back!!!! <3

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed January 19, 2013

El Hostel es muy lindo y tiene muchas comodidas. Las habitaciones son nuevas al igual que el el colchón y el baño. Dormimos en una habitación con cama king size. Los cuartos quedan en el patio y tienen muchas plantas y arboles, es hermoso!!! Lo unico malo es que no aceptan tarjetas de creditos o débito. Y tampoco tienen wifi en las habitaciones y solo te puedes conectar en la recepción que la cierran a las 23 horas.
The Hostel is very nice and has many amenities. The rooms are new as well as the mattress and the bathroom. We slept in a room with a king size bed. The rooms are outside and have many plants and trees, beautiful!!! The only bad thing is that they do not accept credit cards or debit cards. Also haven´t wifi in the rooms and you can only connect at the reception room but close at 11 pm.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Consu_Sas
Reviewed January 7, 2013

If i had only known ahead of time before spending alot at neighbor hotels. This place is a hidden jewel. Best vibe in palenque. Everyone here becomes family. Unless ur scared to meet lifelong friends i highly recommend this place to everyone. Great food btw. This place has done lots of changes & is newly remodled. You can tell they put alot of energy, time, heart, love, and money into creating the next best place in all palenque. Very impressive. Anyone who writes bad reviews probobly stayed here many yrs ago or just writes bad reviews about everywhere cause i cant imagine this place having anything less then 4.5 star rating. I will recommend this place to everyone i know. I love palenque! So magical!

• Stayed: December 2012