“Our Circle Tour of Chiapas”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palenque
Margarita & Ed's Cabanas
Reviewed November 15, 2012

After a long day of driving and a wonderful viewing of Palenque under sunny skies with few tourist's other than us we arrived at Margarita and Ed's Cabana's.

We saw the sign on our way in so knew where we wanted to come back to upon our completion of the Ruin's of Palenque. So we turn to the right into the road in search of the Cabana Office. The road get's a bit skinny as the jungle encroaches upon it and one has an option to go right into a parking lot or left over a small bridge, a very small bridge. I opted to go right, wrong, this takes me to the restaurant area not the Cabanas so we wheel around and go over the bridge heading into the jungle a bit more. As we putt along with follow the sign's to Margarita and Ed's Office. We stop in and enquire on a room for us. We need 2 bed's, a shower, mossie screens and clean. Well Margarita has just the thing and takes us for a tour to see our room. The room is perfect for us and the price is fantastic, there is wifi in the restaurant and shopping area for us to use as well as live music with dinner at the restaurant. We back the car into a small slot just infront of our walk way, unload, shower up and head out for dinner.

Our rooms were very simple. A double bed with 2 pillows, A single bed with 1 pillow, a large shower, toilet and small sink area with a mirror, a desk, shelf and fan. 2 largish windows and a door. The room was very clean and my bed was very comfortable, my bud was not as happy with her bed it was a bit hard, but also she had asked for an extra pillow and there was something funny which transpired and she ended up with no pillow. So funny. I would say this room is above a hostel but I am really not sure if it is above a 1 star considering a Sandman is a 2 star, I would definitely stay here again if I was to return to Palenque.

Off we go to dinner, I stop at the first little area to look around and check the place out, the birds in the trees sounded amazing, the sun was still up, there was a nice sized tour desk which was manned by someone at all times, 2 little bars and some shopping places prior to the trail which leads to the restaurant. I stopped for a beer while waiting for my bud to go through her pillow episode, it was icy cold and well appreciated. This area after dinner seem's to end up being the pub like atmosphere of the place which is used by 3 different properties. Anyway here she comes and off we go to the restaurant, the walk to the restaurant is very nice and as we come upon the restaurant I think "Wow, this is unexpected and very nicely designed" We were told to sit wherever and we choose a seat with a plug in as my bud needed to check here email's and do a bit of work, we ordered some beverages and a few appies from a very nice menu with lot's of options. Our meals came and the place was filling up, my meal was very tasty and the service was great, her meal was good and service was great. She had to purchase 1/2 hour intervals for her internet in order to use the wifi, standard everywhere. I headed back to the room as the drive through the mountains in the rain had me a bit tired. When she arrived back to the room, she mentioned there had been live music just after my departure and it was quite good, shoot, as there is nothing better than live music.

Our check out was easy as pie and the morning coffee was the best I had during our entire CircleTour. I asked for a latte with an extra shot, perfect for the morning drive towards Tonina.

Room Tip: I am not remembering our room number, my apologies. I loved our morning wake up call of Howler'...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Wilfam
There are newer reviews for Margarita & Ed's Cabanas

Reviewed October 30, 2012

For me was an interesting experience to sleep a few nights in the middle of the jungle, in a cabin without windows just a mosquito net. It's an authentic jungle atmosphere created also by the luxury vegetation. You can hear the sounds of the howling monkeys up in the trees. The room was clean, and also the bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was our second time staying here at Margarita and Ed's and we loved it just as much if not more than we did the first time. The place is located outside of Palenque town, in the jungle. We woke up hearing monkeys in the distance, cicadas, all sorts of insects, and different birds. This does not include the ubiquitous chickens - and all these sounds, coupled with the stream that runs through the property, make it seem as though you are sleeping outside. The rooms we stayed in had air conditioning that worked really well, and the beds were comfortable. There is a place to make tour arrangements right next door, along with a good restaurant, Don Mucho's. The owner, Margarita, was extremely helpful to us when we had to leave early, prior to the office being open. It was wonderful to be away from TV, phones, and internet, but if you have to have internet, you can get it at Don Mucho's. Best of all, you can easily walk to the ruins.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kate B
Reviewed September 3, 2012

-The worst service! No option to keep the luggage after 6 pm (although it is written to have the service up to 10 pm)!
- We paid for the best room and expected a to a separate cabin like in the photo but received a room in a building. Not a cabin.
- No Wi-Fi, no cellular roaming, no public computers.
- The room was quite spacy, but the beds are too small and the pillows are terrible.
- Shower water pressure was poor.
- We asked to talk to the manager/owner but they said that it is not possible.

Room Tip: Don't go there...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tom a
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Pachan is the jungle hotel village near Palenque Ruinas. The cabana we were in was very basic, but clean and had an own bathroom. Although it was 'screened'; bugs came in without any trouble (but that's in every jungle). At the time we were there, a huge thunderstorm struck the jungle and the cabana was not up for it: we got wet in our bed. There's no WIFI, common area or guest kitchen available: no place to chill and meet other people. Don Mucho is the nearby restaurant and it had delicious food for a reasonable price. We didn't like the Pachan hippie vibe too much and went to a hostel in town the next day.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lobke_and_Inge
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a cabana at E&M for 3 nights ad had a great stay.

Firstly El Panchan is the best place to stay for experiencing Palenque away from the noise of the town. The town is pretty grubby too and it is much more authentic and relaxed staying in the jungle.

E&W is well situated in El Panchan next door to Don Muchos (restaurant/bar). The cabana was large, spotless and great value. We opted for aircon which was great considering the number of Mosquitos about. At 400 pesos for a big clean room with two double beds, aircon and private bathroom, this is great.

Don Muchos is great for dinner and live music in the eve and you are a stones throw from the ruins.

The staff were also very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had a very nice stay here in the jungle. The room was quite clean, with a good bed and shower. No kitchen or lounge, but towels, soap, and purified water were pluses. Perhaps not the best option for budget solo travelers--I had to pay a bit more than I normally would for a private room that is normally for two. It was mostly quiet while I was there, except for a nearby bar that was playing music in the distance.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo