This is about Villahermosa, the airport and ground transportation as well as the hotel. The airport is located about 15 Km outside of town. There appeared to be no ground transportation other than taxis. The hotel is under 2 Km away and the charge was 100 pesos ($8). I did not make a hotel reservation, but got the price on-line before arriving. The front desk would not honor the rate and it wasn't worth going on-line in the lobby to save pesos.
Staff were coolly cordial. Room was typical, clean, good bathroom with nice towels, big shower. Untypical, unheard of in any other hotel I've ever stayed in Mexico, was the 18 peso charge for a small bottle of water. This really didn't make sense because I was able to purchase the same for 10 pesos in the small store located in the lobby. No goodwill with that. Additionally, there was an charge of about 100 pesos for Wi Fi, another feature we found no where else on our trip.
Breakfast was excellent, although we couldn't figure out why there was so much food, really enough to service dozens of people and we only saw 3 others. The entire hotel seemed nearly deserted and the staff said that the busy time was in Nov & Dec.
We were able to rent a car at the lobby from National, saving a trip back to the airport. The process took about 60 minutes.
Although, there was nothing especially bad about this hotel, we were relieved to leave. Just felt overall uncomfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Hilton Villahermosa & Conference Center, the closest hotel to the International Airport of Villahermosa, and offering complimentary transportation. The hotel is located just fourteen minutes from the City Center with easy access to the ancient Mayan city of Palenque and the business district of Tabasco 2000. This modern Villahermosa hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle service to Gallerias Tabasco, Altabrisa Shopping Mall and downtown. With 26 meeting rooms spread over 26,000 sq. Ft. And the largest number of breakout rooms in the city, this Villahermosa hotel is the ideal choice for your event of up to 1,000 Guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Villahermosa & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Villahermosa Hotel
- Villahermosa Hilton
- Hilton Villahermosa & Conference Center Tabasco, Mexico