“Excellent value”

Hilton Villahermosa & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Villahermosa
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I found a very good deal for this through hotels.com. Needed to spend just 1 night near the airport in order to catch a very early flight, after a great trip through Chiapas. I realized what a good deal it was when we arrived. The hotel is VERY nice, even by US standards. A similar room in the US would cost 3 times more, at least. The rooms were plush, the bathroom had a tiled walk-in shower with a "rainfall" shower head. Nice linens. The restaurant served very good food at reasonable prices. We enjoyed a nice house wine at the bar, also very reasonably priced (Chilean Malbec). The pool was beautiful, the staff was friendly, etc., etc. Yes, it's far from town, but the point was to be 2 minutes away from the airport. We did hire a taxi shuttle to take us to Parque La Venta and to see the city highlights. It was a little pricey (200 pesos an hour), but the driver was knowledgeable and friendly, and it was worth the splurge.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank texmexicana
Jerome L, General Manager at Hilton Villahermosa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

A quick note to thank you to take the time to share your experience with us.
I am really glad you enjoyed our property and the service provided by our team members.
I just wish you will be back soon to visit more of our state or just relax by the pool.
The entire team is ready to welcome you again.
Saludos from Tabasco.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I brought my young son and mother to explore Villahermosa with me. We stayed at this hotel because of the proximity to the airport when we flew in late at night and ended up staying longer because of the fabulous pool and serene setting. They also provided a free shuttle into town. I would not suggest staying in the city - too noisy.
We would explore the city during the day (taking taxis) and take a late afternoon shuttle back to the hotel to relax. The exceptional staff (Adolfo G. J., Julian, and Nestor) advised us of the best local cuisine - a seafood hut called La Finca. These guys had the best customer service skills, always making us feel welcomed and advising us how to get around. Our room was very clean - again, fabulous staff!
We did not find the city to be walkable, but they have some remarkable museums.
The hotel is tailored for the business traveler, but there were several families. We frequently had this gorgeous pool to ourselves...
I would not hesitate staying here in the future again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MontavillaMaven

Thank you very much for your message, I am delighted to see you had a great time in Villahermosa and in our hotel and you enjoyed the pool so much.
Thank you also for recognizing Adolfo, Julian and Nestor, there are true Ambassadors of the Hilton hospitality. I will share with them you kind comments.
Please do not hesitate to come back, we would be happy to attend you again. There are many beautiful locations to discover in the State of Tabasco and the neighbor State of Chiapas.
Have a great day.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is a nice hotel, rooms are comfortable and a nice pool area. The staff are very warm and welcoming and the restaurant has a nice selection. It is a bit far from town, a taxi will cost about 200 pesos to get in and the same back to the hotel. It is very convenient to stay for early flights out as it is very close to the airport and there is a complementary ride supplied by the hotel.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Epic61
Jerome L, General Manager at Hilton Villahermosa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a testimonial and share your experience and feelings about our hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and glad to see you liked the new menu we launched in October.
I would like to take the opportunity to inform you that the hotel also has a free shuttle service to downtown Villahermosa, at a determined schedule and upon reservation.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in a near future.
Have a great week.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

this is one of the best hotels in Villahermosa, located must a few minutes from the airport. the rooms are well suited, and the staff is very friendly. the gym is well equiped, for those of you that like me do exersise in my travels. the price is right and the meals are not bad. however, if you are looking for a nice dinner you must go to the city. the only negative thing about this hotel is thatbyou can clearly hear the people in the rooms beside you and above you. also, the beds need an upgrade.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Jerome L, General Manager at Hilton Villahermosa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your kind comments about your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed our hospitality.
You will be happy to know that we will open shortly a new restaurant and bar that will give you a new dining and entertainment option.
We are also about to renew all our menus as a new Executive Chef recently joined the team.
Thank you again and I sincerely hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a businessman's hotel, close to the airport. We were driving from the Yucatan to Puebla and spent the night here. Free breakfast, pay WiFi (although nominal), and free continental breakfast. You can't get into town easily from here, but I'm not sure there's anything to see. Long ways off the cuota.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaCruz
Manuel A, General Manager at Hilton Villahermosa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear guest,
I have just started my tenure at this hotel, and found this pending post from August 2012. apologies for not having responded at that time.
I certainly hope you have continued to use our hotels & resorts worldwide during your travels.
Kind regards.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I used this hotel on the way back from Palenque to catch a flight out the next morning. The facilities are nice and enjoyed a good sleep prior to my flight out. The rooms were very comfortable and modern. The WIFI only worked in the lobby. I ate dinner at the restaurant and waited a long time for my food. It was cold by the time it came to my table. I complaint to the manager on duty. The service was good. The next morning I used the shuttle to get to the airport with no problems.They dropped me off quicjly at the airport.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tunera
Jerome L, General Manager at Hilton Villahermosa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you for your review and loyalty. I am glad you enjoyed our property.
I am sorry to see that your food service was not 100% up to your expectations and your comment will help us reinforce training to continue to deliver a true Hilton Experience to all our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I chose this property because I am a HIlton points member, and the hotel is a very quick shuttle ride to the airport. The desk staff seemed disorganized and it took more than 15 minutes to check in, even though I had a reservation. The gentleman checking me in seemed confused about how to assign a room. I was given a room on the first floor that stank of smoke, although I had reserved a non-smoking room. The smell was so intense it made me feel ill. I had dinner in the restaurant, which appeared to be overstaffed although it took forever to order, receive our order, and we were not sure who our waiter was because we were ignored by the one who took our order, then assisted by others we'd not interacted with before. My food was OK, although I requested some salsa or peppers to spice up my guacamole with and the waiter forgot to bring anything to the table. I had to ask a second time. One of my colleagues ordered a carrot cake for dessert, but was brought flan. When he sent it back, they returned with cheesecake. At that point he just gave up on the carrot cake and ate the cheesecake. When I returned to my room, I could not log into the internet. I called the desk, but after sitting on hold and trying to get the user name and password information and reading it back to the desk clerk, the details I was given did not work. So, I had to get dressed and walk down to the desk. There I was given a printed strip of paper with a user name and password. When I got back to my room, that too would not work. I had to confirm flights and get online, so I ended up just tethering my phone to my laptop to connect to the internet. It's unfortunate that my stay was so unpleasant because the property itself is beautiful, and my room would have been as well if it hadn't smelled so bad. The complimentary hotel shuttle was excellent though and I made it to the airport with time to spare for my flight. The bell staff was very friendly and attentive. If the hotel staff was more organized, and had given me the non-smoking room I'd requested, I'd probably change my review to a higher rating - the property itself is beautiful. As it is though, it was an uncoordinated disaster with terrible service.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tldolphin

Dear Guest,
First of all I want to thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to post your testimonial.
While I am glad that you liked our property, I am sorry to see that we did not deliver the level of service you expected. We are working hard every day to improve our services and your comments helped us to identify areas of opportunity and train our team. We have new leadership both in Front Office and Kitchen and made lots of improvements.
Thank you for your kind words about our bellstaff, I passed your message to the team.
Looking forward to welcoming you again.