Okay I know this can start off as sounding fake, but it's not. I am not one to believe in ghosts but the experience I had at this hotel was anything other than ordinary.
Let me tell you about my experiences from staying in Room 101 at this hotel. The night I checked in, I had a series of events which led me to believe there was paranormal activity in my room. Here goes.....
1) After checking in, dropping my bags off, I noticed my alarm clock was facing sort of away from the bed. I left the room for a few hours, I returned, then it was facing towards the bed. Okay, no biggie, this could have been room cleaning or room service, I don't know, but it was just something I noticed.
2) After dinner, I was getting ready for bed, taking luggage off of my bed, and then when I went to pick up my laptop case, one of the straps was unhooked. This has never unhooked before in my life. Okay, still, continued to think nothing of it, and thought it could just be a freak accident.
3) Got ready for bed, got into my night clothes, right before I turned off the lights, I had an uneasy feeling, but went ahead anyways and proceeded to bed. I was restless, tossing, and turning, then I heard my water bottle get slightly squeezed as if someone was holding a grip on it, but just slightly, call it a pinch, it was'nt a death grip but it was loud enough for me to turn on the lights and look around.
4) Nothing was there, then I turned off the lights and went back to bed. I tried forcing myself to go to bed, and right before I was dozing off, I heard a tapping sound (Not Joking!!!!) like on a hard surface, from within the room. I could tell this was not from the ceiling or the walls, but within the room itself. I heard approximately about 5 or 6 taps. This scared the heck out of me and I thought to myself, what am I going to tell the guy at the reception, he is not going to believe me if I told him I thought it was a ghost. So therefore, I decided to go to bed again, and tried forcing myself to sleep.
5) Then after a few minutes, I heard the TV getting squeezed as if someone took placed their hand on top of it and pressed down firmly. I didn't think much of it but it just added to my paranoia considering I never turned on the TV the entire day.
6) Then, I heard more tapping noises exactly the same I heard prior to hearing the TV getting squeezed. The same number of taps and the same type of taps from within the room. So, this became the breaking point for me and I decided to get my clothes on and on my way out, I did not notice any puddles of water on the ground. Then, after requesting a room change and walking back to the room to retrieve my items, I noticed a one square foot of puddle of water on the ground, which I nearly slipped on. Then I looked up and didn't notice any leaks of any sort. I even reached the ceiling, it's a short ceiling, and did not notice any water or dampness anywhere.....!!!
I did then receive a new room and everything with that room appeared okay.
7) This is foreshadowing but upon talking with the reception desk agent, he mentioned to me that sometimes he saw moving dark shadows within dark hallways when he works the night shift. He also mentioned that he sometimes saw a white figure in the lobby but he did not elaborate any further, but he says he tries to convince himself that it is not what it appears to be.
So, all in all, I don't think I will be returning to room 101. I would go back to the hotel if I have no other choice since that is where my company puts me up when we do business there, however will not stay in 101. Otherwise, I thought the hotel was nice and decent for the price.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Villahermosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Villahermosa
- Hyatt Regency Villahermosa Tabasco, Mexico