“Haunted!!!!! Not kidding!!!!! Read Review”

Hyatt Regency Villahermosa
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Villahermosa
Texas
“Haunted!!!!! Not kidding!!!!! Read Review”
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Okay I know this can start off as sounding fake, but it's not. I am not one to believe in ghosts but the experience I had at this hotel was anything other than ordinary.

Let me tell you about my experiences from staying in Room 101 at this hotel. The night I checked in, I had a series of events which led me to believe there was paranormal activity in my room. Here goes.....

1) After checking in, dropping my bags off, I noticed my alarm clock was facing sort of away from the bed. I left the room for a few hours, I returned, then it was facing towards the bed. Okay, no biggie, this could have been room cleaning or room service, I don't know, but it was just something I noticed.

2) After dinner, I was getting ready for bed, taking luggage off of my bed, and then when I went to pick up my laptop case, one of the straps was unhooked. This has never unhooked before in my life. Okay, still, continued to think nothing of it, and thought it could just be a freak accident.

3) Got ready for bed, got into my night clothes, right before I turned off the lights, I had an uneasy feeling, but went ahead anyways and proceeded to bed. I was restless, tossing, and turning, then I heard my water bottle get slightly squeezed as if someone was holding a grip on it, but just slightly, call it a pinch, it was'nt a death grip but it was loud enough for me to turn on the lights and look around.

4) Nothing was there, then I turned off the lights and went back to bed. I tried forcing myself to go to bed, and right before I was dozing off, I heard a tapping sound (Not Joking!!!!) like on a hard surface, from within the room. I could tell this was not from the ceiling or the walls, but within the room itself. I heard approximately about 5 or 6 taps. This scared the heck out of me and I thought to myself, what am I going to tell the guy at the reception, he is not going to believe me if I told him I thought it was a ghost. So therefore, I decided to go to bed again, and tried forcing myself to sleep.

5) Then after a few minutes, I heard the TV getting squeezed as if someone took placed their hand on top of it and pressed down firmly. I didn't think much of it but it just added to my paranoia considering I never turned on the TV the entire day.

6) Then, I heard more tapping noises exactly the same I heard prior to hearing the TV getting squeezed. The same number of taps and the same type of taps from within the room. So, this became the breaking point for me and I decided to get my clothes on and on my way out, I did not notice any puddles of water on the ground. Then, after requesting a room change and walking back to the room to retrieve my items, I noticed a one square foot of puddle of water on the ground, which I nearly slipped on. Then I looked up and didn't notice any leaks of any sort. I even reached the ceiling, it's a short ceiling, and did not notice any water or dampness anywhere.....!!!

I did then receive a new room and everything with that room appeared okay.

7) This is foreshadowing but upon talking with the reception desk agent, he mentioned to me that sometimes he saw moving dark shadows within dark hallways when he works the night shift. He also mentioned that he sometimes saw a white figure in the lobby but he did not elaborate any further, but he says he tries to convince himself that it is not what it appears to be.

So, all in all, I don't think I will be returning to room 101. I would go back to the hotel if I have no other choice since that is where my company puts me up when we do business there, however will not stay in 101. Otherwise, I thought the hotel was nice and decent for the price.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
11 Thank worldsport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
USA
Reviewed September 18, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for one and a half month on a business trip. The mattresses are very hard. It is like sleep on the floor. We stayed so long there because they gave us a big room (suite) with Jacuzzi, two sinks, shower, two TV’s, etc and access to the Regency Club. You have free food and drinks if you have access to this area. They wanted us to stay there so they put more blankets underneath of the sheet so it felt less hard. The people are so nice, specially the guys at the regency Club (Fernando and Dafne). They talk to you and try to help you to find your way around. The hotel is well located you are closed to the mall, downtown, Museo la Venta. On the Paseo Tabasco street, close to Hyatt, you have different restaurants. I recommend one called Etruzco, this is an Italian restaurant, good food, good service and good price as well. This was the good part, now the bad part. They knock the door once, if you don’t open the door really quick they just let themselves in, sometimes they don’t even knock the door. The hotel smells really bad sometimes. The swimming pool looks dirty and it is very slippery. Don’t ask for room service at night the food is horrible.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — mattress
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank analista
Calgary
Reviewed March 17, 2008

This hotel was a nice surprise. The check in/out process was friendly and efficient. The rooms were small but newly furnished and really well maintained. The pool was nice enough and certainly met my needs. The food was good if not a bit expensive. For the same price (or less) there are many yummy restaurants with better atmosphere in the very close proximity. There are two bars that are pretty business most nights with a mix of locals and business guests.

This was my first stay in Villahermosa so I am not sure if the price of $99 was the best price; however, based on my internet search of similar hotels it appeared to be a good rate.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2008
3 Thank Frontier_Girl
usa
Reviewed March 11, 2008

I had the the miss fortune of staying here 3 days. it was hard to get past the mold smell but after a while it grows on you. Its the jack hammering on the roof all day till 6 pm that gets on your nerves. Also you better tke new money if you have any idea of exchanging it at the front desk or even in te local banks. That means no wrinkles , writing or tears on the money or it is no good. I actually liked the food in the hotel but make sure if you get the breakfast package , you get breakfast, have your reservation with you.Also when you get breakfast is up to them not you or the clock.The hotel is dated . The attitude of the staff has been reviewed earlier so I can say it hasnt changed . I booked this because it was a Hyatt. Shame on you Hyatt.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Checking in
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank n5130x
Texas
Reviewed November 24, 2007

After a few years of not staying in this Hotel, I forgot all the disappointing experiences, and I allowed the agency to book me again this hotel
They have not changed. The checking in- cheking out experience is a painfully slow torture, and the express check out is inexistant.
Do not try to book a non smoking room, they will give you whatever is at hand,ignoring your requests. They do not honor loyalty programs.
Do not give your laundry the day before your check out. or you will need to call them late night.
Always put a sign in your door or they will knock a your door every five minutes after 7 AM, if your are lucky, most of the time they will simply get inside without warning. The noisy, overrated and expensive restaurant gets full in the morning, and it gets worse over the years.
Irons are just for decorement, and Internet services are plain robbery.

Stayed October 2007
5 Thank DrShrink
Hermosillo, Mexico
Reviewed February 28, 2007

Born in Villahermosa I go there on christmas holidays and I consider the hyatt in Villahermosa to be the best hotel in the city, with competent staff, and recently remodeled furniture and bathroom that look great and are quite comfortable, good TV reception and good food too, including local dishes yoy should try !!although a bit expensive. Hotel is near the Malls, and planetarium, and across the street from La Venta Museum and Park, far away from Downtown Villahermosa, but there arent many hotels downtwon actually. Be warned Villahermosa hotels are not cheap at all!, and if you get a deal through the internet Hyatt looks like the best choice, for luxury and all the services an american tourist may look for not considering the new Quinta Real (new chain of luxury more expensive hotels in Mexico) that just opened (havent been there yet) or the Hilton, brand new hotel, located outside Villahermosa all the way over the Airport.
By the way, being a local I can tell you, look for the "Rodizios" a Brazillian all the meat you con eat top of the line restaurant, all sorts of brazilian cuts, with great salad bar, mmmh for sea food aks for "La lupita", and for incredible Icecream and the most refreshing coconut water ask local taxi cab driver to take to you to "Nieves LA POLAR", going towards downtown Villahermosa.

Stayed December 2006
2 Thank Mexicantourister
Bayside, New York
Reviewed May 27, 2005

Staff very nice, bathrooms are great, room OK, but I wouldn't stay here again just because it is out of the way and there is no place to eat except the expensive resturant. On the other hand you can walk to Parque la Venta to see the Olmec heads and if you don't mind a nice expensive meal, the hotel is fine and has a decent pool.
Villahermosa isn't a touristy place but if you are there, as we were, to fly out in the morning, I would at least pick a place in the center of town so you can walk outside at night and see the local downtown area "Zona Luz" with its shops, restaurants and cafes.
For a business traveler who just wants to feel like they are not really in Mexico, it's fine.

• Stayed May 2005