Plantation Surf Inn
We Escape(Weligama)
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbig tablegreat foodsri lankatuk tukother guestsa great stayplace to stayshort walknew friendsgreat familyroad noisethe ownerwithin walking distanceevery eveningguest housethe main roadsee you soon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2013

It's pretty much been all said before. Great location for all levels of surfing, great food, great atmosphere, hosted by an extremely helpful, nice and professional family. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, pass. If you are looking for a quality "guesthouse", this is your best option. It's a also a great option for solo travellers to meet people, dinner time is especially convivial to meet the other guests, there is a really chilled atmosphere, everybody here just seems to be wanting the same thing: to take it easy! The rooms inside the main house are the best, I would recommend these. The trip from airport to Midigama can be arranged by Chathu (fantastic man), actually he can arrange virtually anything for you, and what's rare in Sri Lanka these days, in a really professional way. So yes, I will definitely go back there in 2014 for another week of surfing and relaxing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Max D
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed at Plantation Surf Inn for 3 weeks only for surfing and I had such a great time. I found Midigama was just a perfect place for me since there are different surf spots for different level surfers. For complete beginners, you may want to try Welligama for surfing, but definitely you do NOT want to stay in Welligama. It's one of the worst places around. Midigama is much better and you can go to Welligama anytime you want cus it's only 5m away by Tuktuk.
In terms of the guesthouse, my 3 weeks vacation here were perfect thanks to Chathu. It was just great great great. I guess I didn't have to mention all my great experiences since my friends(Dan, Mitch, Benny, Joe, etc) who stayed at the same period with me already mentioned all the good things about this guesthouse. You will see why this guesthouse is the best once you get here. Just book this place now if you've made your mind to stay in Midigama.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Surf_Guest_House, Owner at Plantation Surf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2015

hi dear friend

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review! It really makes it easy for people to come and stay with us. Its great to also hear the warm words about our staff as we believe we have some of the best people part of the plantation surf inn team. I am so glad you had an amazing time with us - please come back and visit soon! because we need big smile again !!

Warm regards
plantation family !!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed for over 3 weeks at Chatu's guest house and really enjoyed the people I met and the location right by the surf break. The food is incredible and the local people are very friendly. I shall be returning to Sri Lanka and Midigama for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Chathura is the best host ever. He will help you with anything at anytime. He and his family live very close to the best surf spots, he even provides rental surfboars. The rooms are very clean and they provide 5 star meals. Incredible experience. 200 % recomended. Live the real experience and friendship

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed with Chathu and his family for a month in October and November. We were studying and surfing and also enjoyed lazing around in the Plantations garden.
This guest house is a great place to stay with great food and excellent service.
Chathu will do absolutely everything in his power to make your stay as fantastic as possible.
This place is an easy choice!
Thanks Chathu!!!!

Room Tip: We liked the rooms upstairs!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple