“Very bad”
Review of The Knot

The Knot
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
London, England, United Kingdom
“Very bad”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Completely ruined my Friends wedding reception. myself and the wedding guests were made to feel unwelcome nothing was done that we had agreed on when i went to complain i was laughed at! we had no bar staff, we had a private function hall which the public were just walking through the staff were rude the manager was even worse!! We paid good money to have my wedding there and it was disgusting. i could go on a lot more but i dont have enough room to write down how badly myself and guests were treated. i know he has lost a lot of customers now because his attidude was very bad.

4 Thank Louise M

Kent, UK
“Great portions and lovely staff”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I visited the knot with my daughter and my grandparents for lunch on a Thursday day. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and a bouncy castle was up in the garden much to my daughters delight!
We decided to go for three courses, I had smoked salmon starter followed by cod chips and mushy peas then rounded off with a maple syrup crépe. The food was presented beautifully.
The waitress recommended the moussaka which my nan had and she was also very pleased. My grandad decided on the battered mushrooms (beautiful) and cod and chips. He followed that with bread and butter pudding which he found delicious. My nan asked for the strawberry pastry with no whipped cream. The chef actually came out and explained to my nan that the dessert was made with whipped cream inside and showed my nan to see if she still wanted it (she did and thoroughly enjoyed it!)
My daughter had garlic bread followed by burger and chips then vanilla ice cream. She ate every bit of it. We also had 2 fruit shoots, 1 pint of John smiths and a bottle of wine, the total bill was around £80 which I think is good value for 4 people having 3 courses with drinks. Would definitely recommend and will be going back again soon.

2 Thank Lisa P
london
“value for money”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked for sunday lunch <4 adults,5 kids,aged 5to11 > mainly because 1 child <under12> eats free per paying adult,then i read the reviews and almost cancelled.3 roast dinners,1 ribeye,5 burgers'n'chips,kids?5pints,1bottle house red 1vodka tonic, 5 j2o's £78,kids scoffed their burgers,ribeye done just right,the beef roasts lovely,a palace its knot,the service a little hit and miss,but we would go back,regards comments about graffitti in the bogs there was none,looked like fresh paint>

2 Thank maxieLondon
Tonbridge, Kent
“What a shame!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We bought a flat nearby just over a year ago and were delighted to find the Nottingham Castle re-opening as The Knot just as we completed. The food was excellent with a varied menu. We were recommending the place to everyone! Now, sadly, it has changed hands and the food is, at best variable. The extensive English menu has been shrunk and a Greek menu introduced. The food is very much pot luck. I agree with the comment that the battered mushrooms are very good but the pasta my wife had was overcooked and the chips with my scampi were horrible. When we complained we were told that chef said that it would be better next time. A few weeks ago my wife took her mother there and had ribs that should fall off the bone but needed to be hacked away from the bone. When they complained the chef said that it would be better next time. Friends of ours stayed at our flat an had excellent muscles but poor steaks. All in all, this is a massive disappointment. Oh, and by the way, the prices have gone up significantly also. We cannot recommend the place now, I am afraid.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rawlplug
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Very Impressed”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our first visit to the Knot and was greeted by very friendly and helpful staff. The food was all freshly cooked and homemade. I had the battered mushrooms to start and the batter was very light, my main course was the belly of pork which was amazing. My husband had the goats cheese filo tart followed by a homemade burger with wedges. I could not fault the staff or food but the only let down was the people smoking out the front that had obviously not read the signs that said no smoking

• Visited July 2013