“Faultless”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bepton
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I took my girlfriend for a surprise weekend at Park House to celebrate her birthday. Everything from the room to the grounds to the food to the spa was outstanding and we really could not fault anything. It felt as though a team of test guests had stayed and every tiny detail they'd asked for has been noted and implemented. We felt like royalty and will definitely be retruning one day. I spent a lot of time researching spa hotels before choosing Park House and I am so pleased I did as it was perfect. If you're looking for a quiet weekend away with a partner in the middle of the countryside then I would strongly recommend you save yourself any more time researching and just book this place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
phhmanager, General Manager at Park House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Dear Hazey James,

We are so pleased that your Birthday Gift was a success. Thank you for all your lovely comments, we are so delighted to hear you will be returning one day.

James and Rebecca Coonan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay with my wife to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We wanted somewhere in the countryside with a pool, and some spa treatment facilities.
When we got there we could not believe how clean the hotel was, and how much attention to detail there was throughout the facilities.
The only way I can descibe it is, it's like going to visit your billionaire auntie at her country house. The atmosphere is so relaxed, and the little touches around the buildings make it feel like someones home.
The two pools and range of sports courts, meant that we had something to keep us occupied before we left.
The food was the best we've had at any hotel, and close to the best we've had at all.
I would like to thank the staff for their service and I can guarantee we'll go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
phhmanager, General Manager at Park House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
Dear Dpaworth,

We are delighted you had an enjoyable stay at Park House, we will pass on all your fantastic comments to the team.
We are really please to hear you had time to relax and soak up the home from home atmosphere.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Rebecca & James Coonan
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We chose the Park House for a one night stay. I wish we could have stayed much much
longer. From the moment we arrived early, to the moment we left, late, we were treated brilliantly. The hotel is billed as a country house hotel. It is much more country house than hotel. From the rows of wellies inside the front door, to accomodate all adults and children who might need them, to the loofahs and lotions in the fabulous bathrooms, every detail has been thought of. The staff were charming, helpful, smiling and genuine. The honesty bar was well stocked with generous nibbles provided automatically. The grounds are not only beautiful, but beautifully kept. They not only allow, but seem to encourage complete novices to enjoy all the facilities. We had never held a golf club before, but had huge fun both on the putting green and the golf course. Putters and balls provided by the hotel. The greens were immaculate. I removed my shoes so I didn't leave a mark! A convenient basket held all the mallets and balls necessary for croquet and bowling. The spa is spoiling in the extreme. The outdoor pool was much warmer than I have ever found at any other hotel, which was perfect, and an unexpected surprise. I liked being able to help myself to tea or iced water while in the spa.
Breakfast was everything you could possibly hope for, with a selection of fresh fruit juices, breads and croissants. There was smoked salmon, ham, cheese, salami and endless cereals available for self-service, plus local bacon, sausages, field mushrooms, tomatoes and eggs. The choice was endless, and newspapers complimentary.
Our room was as good as the rest of the hotel. Pretty, well planned and exceptionally comfortable, with all details provided. I particularly loved the Applemac screen which acted as both an entertainment centre and computer.
This hotel is one of England's best kept secrets. Ssh, don't tell anyone, they'll all go and discover it, and then there won't be room for us to revisit!

Dubai
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Sadly spent only 24 hours at the hotel but we were really impressed by the quality, attention to detail and value of our stay. We were in Bay Tree Cottage which was great. Two points stand out - firstly the staff are interested, engaged and really good news; secondly what value we had, the wine list and bar isn't seen as an opportunity to double your bill! Having stayed in lots of corporate hotels this is really refreshing! We will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
phhmanager, General Manager at Park House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 9, 2010
Dear Doobai,

Thank you for your review of Park House.
We are so pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable, but sorry to hear you couldn't stay any longer with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Rebecca & James Coonan
& All the team at Park House
Kent
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I booked the Park House for my two daughters and myself to have a bit of pampering. We had a brilliant weekend, the food was excellent, room was beautiful with our own garden furniture, outside space and fantastic bathroom. We totally relaxed and made use of all the spa facilities. The staff were unbelieveable from the very friendly receptionist Pat to the poolman Clive. everyone could not do enough for us. Going back soon with my husband this time. My daughters are really jealous.

• Stayed May 2010
phhmanager, General Manager at Park House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
Dear Brenlal,

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and left the spa feeling relaxed.
We look forward to welcoming you and your husband.

Park House Team
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We visited this hotel as it was neer where we are getting married, we wanted to hire the whole hotel for our families and us to stay in. We provisionaly booked the hotel and continued to make the rest of our wedding plans. On going back to the hotel to confirm the booking we were told that the price had gone up by nearly £1000 a night and that we were now required to stay a minimum of two nights - adding £4,500 to our bill. The customer service was really poor and staff refused to get back to us for days. Its completley ruined our wedding - if you are planning on using this hotel for a special occasion beware of them changing the goal posts!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
8 Thank kaysmith87
phhmanager, General Manager at Park House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
We were saddened to read your comments about Park House as we place great importance on our customer service and respond to all enquiries as quickly and efficiently as possible. We also appreciate that weddings are a costly business and budgets need to be carefully considered. It is also the case that our accommodation rates have now been set for the year ahead, ie 2011, and that there has been a 10% increase in our bedroom rates. Whilst we take on board verbal interest in hotel bookings, we do need a confirmed booking to guarantee the accommodation. Lastly, we would question your comments on our ‘food’, ‘service’ and ‘sleep quality’ as we are not aware that you have ever stayed at our hotel and experienced them to be able to comment on them..
Fussyone73
Reviewed July 12, 2010

My partner and I were looking for a night away and we wanted a really chilled luxurious hotel and we found it. Although the room cost was a little more than we wanted to spend and we took the rate that included dinner, overall we felt it was good value. The Dinner menu was varied and the food was good, portions could have been a bit bigger, ( however my partner does have a huge appetite! ) That said I am sure if he had asked for a bigger portion they would have accomodated him , as nothing is too much trouble for the staff. The rooms are really clean, homely and comfortable, decor was very classic and decorated in a " Laura Ashley " style, perfect in keeping with the hotel you have everything you may need, the bed was so comfortable I didnt want to get out! The hotel was smaller than I had imagined, yet this adds to its charm as its so cosy, and I think this makes the service so personable. The indoor and outdoor pool are great, we had fab weather so even better. The gym was brilliant. Gardens and grounds really pretty and some lovely walks, although as it was summer and the horse flies were out in force over the fields. This really is a hidden gem and perfect for couples or families. My only critisism is I thought that the treatment costs in the spa were quite expensive. I expect them to be more than you would pay on the high street , as you are paying for the spa experience as well as the treatment, but I couldnt justify the cost.
Every member of staff that we came into contact with was so accomodating and friendly, more importantly we felt their attitude was genuine not the " have a nice day " fakeness you get in some large hotels. I work in the Travel Industry and am fortunate to visit some great hotels all over the world , This hotel really did tick all the boxes. We will be return, very soon I hope.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Fussyone 73,

Thank you for your review, we are delighted that your stay with us was relaxing.
We have taken on board your comments about the treatment costs, we are creating a few more express experiences for those who are looking for a bit of affordable pampering !

All the team at Park House
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bepton
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa
#4 of 8 in Chichester
The Angel Inn
The Angel Inn
#3 of 3 in Midhurst

Been to Park House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!