All reviews outdoor pool golf course south downs the cottages first class sauna and steam rooms the main house small hotel sussex countryside changing rooms this lovely hotel attention to detail perfect country lovely touch large bedroom birthday treat a real treat
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Such a beautiful place and ideal for a solo traveller seeking peace and quality time to relax and unwind. I was lucky to arrive on a hot sunny afternoon and hence able to enjoy the outdoor pool. The staff were friendly and went out of their way to help. I dimmed from the lighter menu in the evening but have to say the full restaurant menu looked wonderful.
The only slight negative was breakfast. It was fine but didn’t match to the quality of everything else which was a shame. Don’t think I’d choose a full English next time and the fresh fruit wasn’t particularly inspiring. The pastries however were excellent. But the fact I’ve still rated 5 stars and want to return tells you just how wonderful everything else was

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank thedachsielady
Mark Y, General Manager at Park House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for your review and so glad to hear that you found the peace and tranquillity you were looking for at Park House.

I’m very pleased that you were able to enjoy our outside facilities, food offerings and that you found the staff attentive to your needs.

We have noted your comment regarding breakfast and this is one offering which will be reviewed shortly by our F&B team as part of our ongoing commitment to provide the best customer experience.

Thank you for your 5* rating regarding all other aspects of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Such an incredible find. We spent two nights in this special hotel with seven family members and could not fault it. Fabulous setting comfortable beds delicious food and such friendly staff. Only one problem as we were attending a local wedding we didn’t have enough time to enjoy the pool, spa and tennis facilities. Rest assured we will be back.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane R
Mark Y, General Manager at Park House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Thank you for your review. So pleased to hear you had such a wonderful time at Park House with your extended family and that the food and staff were up to the high standards we expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope you’ll have more time to enjoy our wonderful facilities and spa on your next visit.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

A very special weekend, everything went like clockwork, & nothing was too much trouble or went wrong.It was a pleasure to be at Park House Hotel,the staff were super, Charlie was extremely helpful with everything, as were all the other staff, such a lovely hotel,beautiful setting, wonderful facilities, all my guests loved it & many said they would return.The rooms were good, all so different but very lovely & able to suit all our needs, and breakfast was super, just what we all needed after a very long day & night.
Afternoon tea was very special as that was when my brother turned up from New Zealand as a huge surprise to me.So an amazing tea, followed later in the evening by fab canapes & drinks & a great buffet before dancing the night away.I cannot fault anything at all, the beautiful barn is a lovely part of the hotel, that is just so right for all these celebrations.
In fact the staff even went the extra mile to make up a pull out sofa bed for my brother in the Polo Cottage with some of my relatives, as he was not expected, thank you so much.
Fabulous weekend, the weather wasn't as kind as it could be, but it didn't matter as the hotel was more than lovely.The Spa was divine, I ended my stay at the hotel with a massage & facial with Hannah & it was heaven, the icing on the cake.
Thank you & everyone at the hotel for a truly memorable weekend, absolutely wonderful, we will return, & if anyone is looking for a venue to hold a celebratory function I would definitely recommend this lovely country house hotel. As many say its a hidden gem.

Room Tip: The cottages are great for groups of friends to share & there is a little family cottage which is good for a family with a small baby.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeanette S
Mark Y, General Manager at Park House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review.

I am so pleased to hear that your 70th birthday celebration went so well and that you appreciated all the fantastic facilities and service that make Park House so special. I will be sure to pass on your comments to all the staff.

We are delighted that you had such a wonderful surprise with your brother arriving and that this added to your truly memorable experience here. We very much look forward to you visiting us again.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

This hotel is set in the best surroundings and the staff will do anything for you, nothing is too much trouble. Check-in was done by a lady called Demi who was more than helpful and showed us around the hotel! More than we expected. The room we learn are all individually decorated ours was wonderful.

No expense has been spared in the spa and it is perfect, Holly gave us a tour before we went for a little swim.

My husband had told Charlie in the restaurant it was our wedding anniversary and he arranged for 2 glasses of champagne when we came down for a pre-dinner drink. Service and food both nights where completely floorless. If we had one grumble the quality of breakfast was nothing on dinner although still perfectly good,

We stayed for 2 nights at the beginning of the month and will be back.

One negative from our stay would be how unprofessional we feel it is for Mark the general manager to be eating and drinking in the bar, we witnessed on multiple occasions him help himself to wine once in the middle of the day!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sussan B
Mark Y, General Manager at Park House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thank you for your recent review. I am so pleased to hear that you appreciated our beautiful location, wonderful facilities, decor and attentive staff especially Demi at Reception and Charlie in the Restaurant and Bar. Our customer experience is very important to us, so I am glad we were able to make your wedding anniversary special. I will pass on your kind words to the staff and let chef have your feedback.

With regard to your last comment, we have had a number of family and board director guests visiting this month and being a small hotel, I look after these guests personally, especially around evening drinks, so that my staff can look after our guests. I also stay overnight several days a week and therefore are on occasion, with company guests out of hours.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we look forward to you returning to stay at Park House.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

If you enjoy to have a room as the extension of the bar and the dinning room pls book room nr 1 as you will be part of the conversations in both area's ..if you speak loudly from your bed, you can actually join these conversations. Food is good !

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ankie V

Thank you for your review.

I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food, but wish that you had mentioned that guests in the bar and dining room were too loud for your comfort. This is our only ground floor in the main house, so we could certainly have rectified this at the time as far as we were able, as our guest experience is paramount.

We have noted your comments on your reservation details and will ensure that you get a room away from the bar on your next visit.