“THE PERFECT STAY”

Park House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bepton
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My Wife & I had booked in for 3 days to celebrate our Wedding anniversary and her Birthday so we had booked the barn for afternoon tea for Family and friends as well. We were not disappointed one bit with the level of service, the quality of food or the quality of the accommodation. We had a suite in a block of six and the standard was impeccable. The food and service of the staff could not have been better and the quality of the spa and it's facilities was quality personified. My Wife arrived here stressed and tired and left happy and vibrant. The surrounding countryside is indeed beautiful and serene and also helps with the relaxation process. Will be returning for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
phhmanager, General Manager at Park House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your recent anniversary and Birthday, we are delighted you choose Park House to mark the occasion.
Checked out feeling relaxed and revived, that's just what we want for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We have just returned from another fabulous stay at the Park House Hotel.
How wonderful to see the same faces on our return visit, especially delighted to see Pat and a special mention to Lynne for sorting out a last minute change of mind to stay an extra night.
We stayed in Room 11 which is a beautiful room on the top floor overlooking the croquet lawn.
We were fortunate to almost have the spa to ourselves for the duration of our stay, where the facilities were excellent.
A minor criticism is that it would be nice to have the radio or some music playing in the background at breakfast as the atmosphere can be overly formal.
Also be prepared to be asked at least once a day if you will be dining in the restaurant that evening.
We had a great time, thank you so much to all staff including the waiting girls at breakfast and the cleaning staff for doing such an amazing job.

Room Tip: High floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
phhmanager, General Manager at Park House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, a return visit how super!, I will mention to the team to not be so over zealous with the dinner reservation requests, our apologies.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a third visit.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed in the Park House Hotel over Easter 2014 with our two children. The place is beautiful and the rooms so comfortable - although the two single beds in the children's room were extremely narrow (so much so my son fell out one night!). Everything you need for a relaxing comfortable stay is there. The food is excellent - we had dinner two evenings and on both occasions delicious.
However, my one issue was that, whiel the hotel advertises itself as family friendly that is not evident. Our first evening we were given a table in the dining room at the back i.e. not in the garden room and this was right beside where the staff arrange the orders etc on a sideboard and have their 'chats' - it felt a bit like we were in a train station and given that it was a lovely evening it would have been much nicer to eat in the garden room. We had been told that they would make an exception allowing our son of 10 to dine with us past the 6pm cut off for under 12s ( unable to dine with parents and older siblings - not sure that this is family friendly notion). The following morning when arriving for breakfast we were directed to the same table but I requested a table in the garden room which they seemed somewhat reluctant to give, saying there were none set for 4 people. We waited and did eat there but we felt very much that the problem was the fact that we had children with us. This feeling is further exacerbated by the the limited access of children to the pools - while I understand that in such an establishment it is nice to have adult only times in the spa pool (I love it myself) it is a bit frustrating that the family slot for the morning coincides with breakfast time and in the evening finishes at 5pm. I also noted that during the summer the outdoor pool is not available for children in the afternoon. Maybe they should re-think this a little if they want to be family friendly. I would love to return there for a break during the summer but with no access during the day for the family to either of the pools I will not.
The Spa was excellent - I thoroughly enjoyed two treatments there with a very professional therapist.
As regards the service in the restaurant this was not very good - used breakfast dishes were not removed unless specifically pointed to and it proved somewhat of a challenge to get toast at the same time as the hot food was served. The dining room staff could be better trained I feel for an establishment of this level - while they were very pleasant they seemed a bit chaotic and a little amateurish in their work - also not sure the waiter should refer to the clients by calling them 'mate'!
But the place is beautiful, no doubt about it and I would think idyllic for couples.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

If I'd lied through my teeth and given Park House a poor review it would keep the rooms empty and the spa quiet, but I can't, this is a fantastic venue made extra social by the staff who are outstanding! STAY AWAY!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Notasgoodasithinkiam
Reviewed April 23, 2014

A fantastic break! My boyfriend and I went here for two nights before Easter and it was fabulous! Very rarely can we say the staff, setting, food, room, spa was exceptional!! We are already planning to return with both friends and family. A perfect break. A definite recommendation!

Thank you!

Sophie Winchester and Adam Foster

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Thank you!

Sophie Winchester and Adam Foster

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
phhmanager, General Manager at Park House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Dear Sophie and Adam,

Thank you for the review, and so lovely to know who's left it.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Park House.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the park house hotel over the bank holiday weekend with my girlfriend! We both loved it

Good bits

The staff are incredible! They are more than happy to help and really friendly! (Tom was great, Stewart was lovely...there were plenty more, but we never got their names) It really felt like all the staff cared about the hotel and it's reputation!

The hotel offers free bike hire! Free movie rentals! Free lawn games! Awesome when you have nothing planned for the day!

The spa was amazing! Staff are really helpful, the treatments were nice (and good value for money when comparing it to other spas in close vicinity of London) and it was quiet (which was a surprise considering it was a bank holiday weekend)

The rooms were really well looked after (cleaned several times a day) Really comfy bed and a great shower

Bad bits

We felt like dinner fell short of our expectations.

Conclusion

Probably the best service I have ever come across! Feeling very relaxed! Thank you!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review, definitely one for the notice board!
Sorry to hear dinner was not up to scratch, most unusual.

Rebecca Coonan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bepton
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding
The Angel Inn
The Angel Inn
#3 of 3 in Midhurst

Been to Park House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!