All reviewsoutdoor poolgolf coursesouth downsthe cottagesfirst classsauna and steam roomsthe main housesmall hotelsussex countrysidechanging roomsthis lovely hotelattention to detailperfect countrylovely touchlarge bedroombirthday treata real treat
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My daughter and I spend a fabulous afternoon at the Spa at the Park House Hotel, the staff were excellent and just couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. The treatment was excellent, the surroundings lovely and the cream team was to die for. In an age where you rarely get value for money I would not heistate to recommend this half day spa experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christine J
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed at the Park House Hotel for the night before and the night of our wedding also booking the whole hotel out for our guests on the second night. We had a wonderful stay and the hotel provided the perfect place for us and all our guests. The hotel were incredibly helpful in helping us organise all the rooms, organising a fantastic rehearsal dinner the night before and looking after everyone wonderfully throughout the stay. The location is beautiful and the hotel itself is luxury. We're hoping to go back for our first anniversary so we can experience it even more!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Had never heard of the hotel until I spotted it on TA. A fellow guest had been in to a shop in Midhurst a couple of miles away and even the shop assistant hadn't heard of it.What a gem. Wonderful location;helpful staff;great food. We stayed with friends celebrating birthdays.Played the golf course which was fun - they have slipped some tees in for the more serious golfer to give it some length. It was in good condition and the tennis courts would have been tempting a few years ago.
There was no sound on the Apple tv - nice picture though!!- we could have had a keyboard and it could do with a map on the website - one we looked at had the hotel in a different location. Didn't try the Spa..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We have just returned from 2 nights here and had the most lovely, relaxing time. The room was very comfortable, country in style but with all mod cons (wi-fi was a big plus for us) and Apple Imac in room a pleasant surprise. We spent the second day chilling out in the spa and lounge. I had the Black Sand Scrub treatment which left my skin feeling very soft and my husband had the Signature Massage which he said was one of the best massages he has ever had and he travels all over the world with his job!

The breakfast had all the usual things you would expect, being a strict vegetarian the choice is always somewhat limited for me but I had nice scrambled eggs. Dinner in the evening was good my husband said his salmon and pork were very good. I had two strong cheese dishes which although both nice were too much in one meal. The conservatory makes a lovely setting for meals.

My only complaint would be that our room, room 11 was at the top of the hotel and there was a water tank or similar above us which could be heard filling up all the time.

Room Tip: Rooms in the cottages might avoid the noise issues of those in the main hotel,
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gracie25
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Apologies that I am so late writing this review - almost six months! But better late than never to add my huge thanks to everyone at Park House for making our stay for our daughter's wedding early last September so fantastic. She was getting married nearby with the reception at Farbridge and the minute I visited Park House I knew it was the perfect base for the family. Not a huge, impersonal, corporate hotel but somewhere that felt like an incredibly luxurious but comfortable and welcoming country house.
Family guests took over most of the main house - all loving their very individual and hugely comfortable rooms. The husband and I had Room 2 - sunny, large, double aspect, looking over the beautiful gardens with their small golf course, bowls, croquet lawn - how very English!
The daughter was based in pretty Baytree Cottage within the grounds where she had the space and privacy to get ready for her big day.. The Cottage, with its twin bedroom, lounge, kitchen and small garden was perfect for her and her bridesmaid. We all stayed for three days and, in perfect weather, made full use of the wonderful spa and stunning grounds with their incredible views of the South Downs.

All the staff at Park House were just fantastic, especially Pat on reception, who felt like a very dear friend by the end of our stay. She was always so patient and helpful dealing with my queries and more than one visit, deciding which rooms would suit best etc. Nick, the Restaurant manager too couldnt do enough to cater to our needs. I organised a family dinner for the evening before the wedding and he phoned me a number of times to ensure the food and wines were just what we wanted. He set up the table for us in the Conservatory overlooking the garden - informal and relaxed as we wanted. It was perfect.

I'd been apprehensive beforehand about not being based at home for the daughter's wedding - a couple of other hotels we visited nearby seemed so impersonal with large business or golf groups staying - but staying at Park House had the advantages of being at (a more luxurious!) home without all the work. The beautiful gardens were perfect as a backdrop for some photos - and, had our reception been a bit smaller, I would have been delighted to have held it in the barn at Park House also.

On the minus side I too noticed, when Pat showed me round, that Rooms 7 and 8 were not as good as the others and therefore didnt use them. And it was explained to us that it was preferred that children were not in the restaurant too late in the evening, which was absolutely fine for us. So, with those provisos, I'd recommend Park House highly for a wedding stay for the location, luxury, and truly personal service. It wasn't cheap - but totally worth the cost.
If you read my other reviews you'll see I do try to give balanced reviews.But I can honestly say there were just no negatives about our stay at Park House.. We had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms 7 and 8, but all others are individual and extremely comfortable. Rooms at the back have fantastic views over the gardens.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family