The Angel Inn(Midhurst)
$116
$98
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

The Goodwood Hotel(Chichester)
$250
$191
$185
Travelocity
Premier Inn Petersfield(Petersfield)(Great Value!)
$90
PremierInn.com
Old Thorns(Liphook)
$139
$67
Priceline
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

The Nags Head(Chichester)(Great Value!)
$143
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Chichester Hotel(Chichester)(Great Value!)
$149
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell(Arundel)(Great Value!)
$68
Travelodge
    $249
    All reviewsoutdoor poolgolf coursesouth downsfirst classsauna and steam roomsthe main housechanging roomssmall hotelhidden gemsussex countrysidethis lovely hotelattention to detailperfect countrylovely touchlarge bedroombirthday treata real treat
    Reviewed May 27, 2012

Had never heard of the hotel until I spotted it on TA. A fellow guest had been in to a shop in Midhurst a couple of miles away and even the shop assistant hadn't heard of it.What a gem. Wonderful location;helpful staff;great food. We stayed with friends celebrating birthdays.Played the golf course which was fun - they have slipped some tees in for the more serious golfer to give it some length. It was in good condition and the tennis courts would have been tempting a few years ago.
    There was no sound on the Apple tv - nice picture though!!- we could have had a keyboard and it could do with a map on the website - one we looked at had the hotel in a different location. Didn't try the Spa..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
    Reviewed April 27, 2012

We have just returned from 2 nights here and had the most lovely, relaxing time. The room was very comfortable, country in style but with all mod cons (wi-fi was a big plus for us) and Apple Imac in room a pleasant surprise. We spent the second day chilling out in the spa and lounge. I had the Black Sand Scrub treatment which left my skin feeling very soft and my husband had the Signature Massage which he said was one of the best massages he has ever had and he travels all over the world with his job!

The breakfast had all the usual things you would expect, being a strict vegetarian the choice is always somewhat limited for me but I had nice scrambled eggs. Dinner in the evening was good my husband said his salmon and pork were very good. I had two strong cheese dishes which although both nice were too much in one meal. The conservatory makes a lovely setting for meals.

My only complaint would be that our room, room 11 was at the top of the hotel and there was a water tank or similar above us which could be heard filling up all the time.

Room Tip: Rooms in the cottages might avoid the noise issues of those in the main hotel,
    • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank gracie25
    Reviewed April 22, 2012

Apologies that I am so late writing this review - almost six months! But better late than never to add my huge thanks to everyone at Park House for making our stay for our daughter's wedding early last September so fantastic. She was getting married nearby with the reception at Farbridge and the minute I visited Park House I knew it was the perfect base for the family. Not a huge, impersonal, corporate hotel but somewhere that felt like an incredibly luxurious but comfortable and welcoming country house.
    Family guests took over most of the main house - all loving their very individual and hugely comfortable rooms. The husband and I had Room 2 - sunny, large, double aspect, looking over the beautiful gardens with their small golf course, bowls, croquet lawn - how very English!
    The daughter was based in pretty Baytree Cottage within the grounds where she had the space and privacy to get ready for her big day.. The Cottage, with its twin bedroom, lounge, kitchen and small garden was perfect for her and her bridesmaid. We all stayed for three days and, in perfect weather, made full use of the wonderful spa and stunning grounds with their incredible views of the South Downs.

All the staff at Park House were just fantastic, especially Pat on reception, who felt like a very dear friend by the end of our stay. She was always so patient and helpful dealing with my queries and more than one visit, deciding which rooms would suit best etc. Nick, the Restaurant manager too couldnt do enough to cater to our needs. I organised a family dinner for the evening before the wedding and he phoned me a number of times to ensure the food and wines were just what we wanted. He set up the table for us in the Conservatory overlooking the garden - informal and relaxed as we wanted. It was perfect.

I'd been apprehensive beforehand about not being based at home for the daughter's wedding - a couple of other hotels we visited nearby seemed so impersonal with large business or golf groups staying - but staying at Park House had the advantages of being at (a more luxurious!) home without all the work. The beautiful gardens were perfect as a backdrop for some photos - and, had our reception been a bit smaller, I would have been delighted to have held it in the barn at Park House also.

On the minus side I too noticed, when Pat showed me round, that Rooms 7 and 8 were not as good as the others and therefore didnt use them. And it was explained to us that it was preferred that children were not in the restaurant too late in the evening, which was absolutely fine for us. So, with those provisos, I'd recommend Park House highly for a wedding stay for the location, luxury, and truly personal service. It wasn't cheap - but totally worth the cost.
    If you read my other reviews you'll see I do try to give balanced reviews.But I can honestly say there were just no negatives about our stay at Park House.. We had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms 7 and 8, but all others are individual and extremely comfortable. Rooms at the back have fantastic views over the gardens.
    • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
    1  Thank SusieG
    Reviewed April 10, 2012

Plus points - very quiet location, tucked out of the way (you definitely need a car), small, personal service, excellent breakfast

Minus points - Room 7 is right by the entrance staircase, therefore noisy, and room 8 is over the kitchen, therefore noisy. Spa treatments good but not amazing.

I stayed at Park House for 2 nights for Easter Weekend with my boyfriend. I know this area well as my brother lives 50 metres down the road, and be warned it is very rural! You need a car, it is very very quiet, it's a long way from a train station, and Midhurst is a couple of miles walk. This is a huge plus for me, but not for everyone. There is fabulous walking in all directions, and 150m takes you onto the South Downs Way. English countryside at its absolute best.

We were assigned room 7, which is perfectly nice, but being at the top of the staircase on the first floor means you won't get an afternoon nap as you hear the comings and goings of all and sundry through the hotel entrance hall. It was fine at night though, because as the other reviews say, this is a quiet hotel.

The first night the extractor fan in the bathroom wouldn't turn off. The night receptionist was incredibly helpful and courteous, and even though it was 11.30pm he promptly suggested we sleep in the neighbouring room 8. We moved rooms, so no noisy bathroom extractor, but instead the VERY loud hum of appliances from the kitchen below, not what you want from a stay in the country. And of course the kitchen got going at 7am so we didn't get much of a lie in. The extractor fan in our original room was fixed promptly the following morning.

Breakfast was really excellent. The bacon was superb. We didn't have dinner at the hotel, there are lots of very nice gourmet pubs in the area (if you are prepared to drive or cab for 20 minutes...) and we ate out.

The second night there was a 70th birthday party in full swing on the ground floor when we got back from dinner at 11pm, but as soon as reception asked them to keep the noise down they were pin drop silent. Unfortunately, there was a family with small children in the room above us, and they got up at 7am and clattered around like a herd of elephants as all children do, so again no lie in on Easter Sunday.

I was quite relieved to see this was not a particularly child friendly hotel in the reviews, so was disappointed that the hotel allocated us to a room under a family and at the top of the stairs, which marred the peace of an otherwise lovely stay.

The spa treatments were good but not phenomenal. The spa does Anne Semonin treatments which I had very much enjoyed at Lucknam Park, but the Park House therapists that I and my boyfriend had weren't as good. They were very nice and very polite, but perhaps inexperienced. There is no mixed sauna. The outdoor pool area is lovely in warm weather (I know this from a previous visit, not this Easter weekend which was far too cold).

I will undoubtedly return to Park House and ask for the second floor (disadvantage of booking online I suppose...)!

Room Tip: Avoid room 7 or 8, or ask for the second floor
    • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
    3  Thank always_searchin
    Reviewed March 30, 2012

My fiance booked 2 nights here for my 40th birthday. It was magical! We arrived for lunch on Mother's Day, with family joining us to eat. After a beautiful lunch we checked in & the room was lovely. We spent the afternoon chilling out in the spa & lounge. The honesty bar was a delight! The next day we had a wonderful cooked breakfast followed by a day be pampered & looked after by the spa & hotel staff alike. They really took care of us. My birthday dinner was lovely - clams & chorizo was a new experience & one I would have again. My chicken was nice & the lemon meringue perfect. My fiance enjoyed his meal too. Coffee in the lounge rounded off a perfect day. Another lovely breakfast finished off our stay & I was so sad to leave but more relaxed than I have been in a long time

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple