“A little gem”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Elsted
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcoming, family-friendly pub and dining room offering seasonally inspired food, prepared to order using the best of local ingredients-dog friendly. Bespoke meals prepared for all dietary requests, as long as we have the ingredients.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Lovely food, perfectly cooked and served. The most welcoming couple run the Elsted Inn - I was remembered from having eaten there a year ago and I am not a memorable sort of person! I did not stay there but they have rooms including dog friendly rooms which is a bonus for many people. Thank you Malcolm and Lisa, I will come back again if I can.

There are newer reviews for The Elsted Inn

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The pub is refreshingly an identikit gastropub and the dishes we all had certainly places The Elsted Inn in a league of its own and not just compared to other food-providing pubs but most dedicated restaurants. Lisa is a really talented chef who produces delicious flavoursome dishes that are different without being faddy, and just work well. She will happily talk through the off-menu vegetarian options too. Malcolm and she provide a genuinely warm welcome not just to us but also our dog, Bertie, who was treated as an equally important member of the party. Thank you, Lisa and Malcolm!

I highly recommend The Elsted Inn. We will be returning soon!

1  Thank GOvv
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My cousin discovered The Elsted Inn through researching the Internet and Trip Advisor, the location lying half way between our respective homes seemed like an ideal meeting place for us and our partners. We were not disappointed, nothing was too much trouble for the hosts, husband and wife team Malcolm and Lisa, the ambiance and the wonderful food made for a lovely evening, we will be returning.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We eat out and travel a lot and this is without doubt one of the best eating experiences we have ever had. The ambience of the place is delightful - it is small and cosy, beautifully furnished and the welcome is warm; it is like going to dinner with friends who just happen to be gourmet cooks! When the menu arrived there were several meat options and a fish stew but initially I was concerned not to see a vegetarian option. Having mentioned my concern to Mark, moments later his lovely and talented wife Lisa appeared at our table and told me of several vegetarian options she could cook especially for me. Oh wow, now that's service! The quality of the food was excellent and the portions generous; the wines and beers were superb. The pudding menu looked delicious.... but none of us had any room left. Eventually we just couldn't resist one portion of the lemon curd ice cream - and it was heaven! Oh and it is also possible to take your dog! This whole dining experience, from start to finish was perfect - we shall definitely be back - and soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

What a delight to spend a few meals, though not enough, dining from Chef/Owners Lisa & Malcom King's inn & pub--The Elsted Inn! Beginning with a bespoke Mezze platter upon my late lunch arrival, to hake and organic steak at dinner, each dish was freshly prepared by hand, with my requests for true, authenitic preparation honoured. How refreshing to be personally pampered by two lovely inn keepers...and food worth traveling round the world for. Not since time working together at Central Market in Austin, Tx had I the pleasure of Lisa's cooking, but thus was my goal since traveling from Australia to Europe. Lisa is truly a hidden gem in the English countryside--having worked for some of the best markets and caterers in the world. After tucking into lunch, then dinner....brekkie with Malcolm completed my visit. Rustic charm, farm fresh ingredients...and prepared with love. What more could a travleing girl ask for? Cheers Mates!

1  Thank Suzy M