“Sensational”

Astoria Retreat Bed and Breakfast
South Hedland
“Sensational”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed in the Platinum room for 4 nights for the V8 Supercars. Was initially attracted by the price and location and secondly by the photos. The room was gorgeous with quality linens, fittings and furniture. The bathroom is spectacular to say the least with the twin shower and Spa bath. Natalie was a fantastic host who loves a chat and is eager to please. Will most definately be returning and staying at the Astoria! Also you must go and have a pizza at Claudio's just down the road, quite possibly the best I have ever had!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TrottySouthHedland
Natalie M, Owner at Astoria Retreat Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
It was a pleasure to have a couple who are very active, positive and know how to make the best of life. You just returned from an overseas holiday and went straight away to V8 Superstars, you choose the best pizza in Perth and the best B&B - us. Your beautiful review helped us to receive an Excellency Award, but the biggest reward for us will be to see you again and hopefully soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you are a single traveller. I felt completely safe with their great security system in place and the friendly owners were very accommodating and love to share a chat with you. Natalie has a very good knowledge of the surrounding areas and can suggest some great day trips. The room was extremely clean and had a comfortable feeling about it and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Glenda J
Dear Glenda,
It is great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed to stay with us, this is exactly what we trying to achieve. Natalie, my wife, travelled a lot around the world by herself for business and based on her experience we aimed to make sure that a single woman travellers feels secure and comfortable with us. It is great to have confirmation of it. Hope to see you again. Thanks for you sharing your experience in the review we just receive an Excellency Award.
Michael
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the Astoria recently whilst visiting my son in Perth. I chose the Astoria because of the price initially, but was pleasantly surprised at the welcome I received. The place is spotless, people are great, and the rooms very pleasant. Everything as described. Natalie was a great host and even offered to assist my son in his quest to stay in AUS. Only thing to consider if you wish to stay here is the location. I didn't have a car so it took me a day or so to work the buses out. It's around an hours bus ride to the city. If you have a car NO PROBS. Recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank HowardW250
Natalie M, Owner at Astoria Retreat Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words, we want every of our guest to feel welcome, and to assist where possible. The personal touch is one of the thinks which characterises B&B’s. You deserved our special thanks for your comments about location, as it could be beneficial for future visitors. Perth is an unusual place as the whole Western Australia. We are about 3 million people spread on 2 million square kilometres. So we have a lot of space and Perth, the most isolated city in the world, with a population of about 1.6 million is spread along the coast for 170 km from South to North. With such distances we, Astoria, located about 15 km from CBD, are almost in the heart of the City. Of course clusters of suburbs are separated by parks or even bush. God created this place for cars and almost every adult in the family has one, so our government didn’t put much effort in developing a public transport. Therefore Londoners, New Yorkers, Singaporeans when visiting Perth do not expect similarity to your City. We are different, come, hire a car and enjoy driving around.
Thank you again for choosing us.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at Astoria for two nights whilst visiting Wangara for work. I found the B&B to be more than adequate - very, very comfortable bed with lovely linen, well-appointed spacious bathroom (which I didn't have to share due to no other guests being booked in at the time), appropriately sized and very clean rooms with facilities (TV, writing desk, powerboards, spare blankets), very friendly and accommodating hosts, and a delicious continental breakfast on time at 7.30 each morning.

I didn't spend a lot of time at the B&B, but when I was there, everything was in order. Rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels provided.

Natalie and Michael were extremely obliging, providing us with excellent recommendations for quick dinners (Claudio's pizza is some of the best I have ever had), assisting with our bags and being otherwise helpful but not intrusive. They were always cheerful and happy to assist.

I would certainly stay again at Astoria.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
I quote myself: “There is no better recommendation than I WOULD CERTAINLY STAY AGAIN at Astoria”, please accept big thank you from us. Most of our rooms have en suits and access to kitchenette, some rooms shares a comfortable bathroom with a toilet + a separate toilet, as well as another kitchenette. We are glad that on this occasion you didn’t share it with anybody but had all of it to yourself. Being experienced travellers ourselves we designed and appointed the place with the idea to make it as comfortable as possible for our guests. We are also lucky to have in walking distance great places to eat: excellent Italian Pizzeria, Award winning Fish & Cheeps and excellent Thai Restaurant; all three are at the top of their category in Perth, This is another reason to stay with us. Thanks for the time you took to write this review and waiting to see you again.
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had a great stay at Astoria B&B. My room was meticulously clean, had comfortable bed with 5* hotel style crispy linen. The house has perfect location in quiet neighbourhood, not far from City and the Airport. There is a good parking on the property.
Everything there is as described on the website. Natlie & Michael are great hosts, very welcoming, friendly and always ready to help. The house has a pool! What more do you need? If only I could stay there longer!

Room Tip: The higher priced rooms have excellent en-suites.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your time to write this review. We are glad that you enjoyed staying in our leafy suburb, which is conveniently connected with the Highway to the Airport and close to the City. Being ourselves seasoned travellers we know that how pleasant is to receive a friendly welcome and to find that the place you arrived to is as good, or better than described on a website. It is great that in your opinion we scored high on both. Thanks for choosing Astoria and hope to see you again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

A well located property to Perth's northern suburbs. Secure access and privacy when travelling alone. Owners really warm and welcoming and ready to make you very comfortable. Rooms very clean, well appointed and comfy bed and pillows. Great buffet, continental breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Michael M, Owner at Astoria Retreat Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
The words “Will stay again” is the highest reward we can get for our work and thank you very much for giving it to us. We make every effort to welcome each guest and to make sure that our guests stay in nice, clean rooms and enjoy their breakfast, but it is nothing more pleasant than if a guest appreciates it and spent their precious time to make it known. Please be assured that you are always welcomed and be hosted to our higher standards.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I just completed a 5 week stay here. I was originally staying at Hillarys Harbor on the water however since my business was out east and I was working long hours after a few days of commuting I decided to move closer to work. I'm very glad I did. For starters my bed was very comfortable (much better than at Hillarys). The neighborhood and house is extremely quiet (unlike Hillarys). My room was not large compared to an American room or Australian room, it was closer to that of a room you'd get in Europe which is fine with me. Natalie and Michael were both extremely helpful and friendly. A few times I needed things (like jumper cables for my car) and they always helped me out. The house was clean and towards the end felt like home. I would recommend staying here to anyone looking for a clean, quiet, safe place to stay outside the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michael M, Owner at Astoria Retreat Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Your review is extremely valuable as you did stay with us for so long time; our guests are usually for less than a week, mostly 2-3 days. You also had a chance to compare us with Hillarys Apartments, which are pretty classy, it is nice to know that on comfort we are better. We do not spare any effort to help, or advice our guests, but it is great feeling to be acknowledged for it. The picture we will remember is you siting at the table in our alfresco area, having breakfast, working, or simply relaxing. You liked it there, we agree, it is a very beautiful part of our property especially in spring when wisteria is blooming and we sat usually there under the canopy of flowers for a breakfast, or cup of coffee. It is also very beautiful now in the middle of summer, it is like you sit in the rainforest, it is cool and nice. This is probably much different than in Colorado, you rushed home to have the White Christmas and probably enjoy now your winter season. Thank you for the time to write the review and we hope to see you again.

Been to Astoria Retreat Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!