“Fantastic!!”

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Whiteman
Northam, Western Australia, Australia
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

As a last minute gesture for our sons birthday Caversham Park loomed before us so we thought why not. We are from Perth but we had never been!!! Oh goodness we'll definitely be back!! Gorgeous setting, lovely people to deal with, from the lady at the front desk to the lady cleaning out the Finches/Black Cockatoo Cage absolutely beautifully polite and friendly people. I am disabled and cannot walk far at once, there are seats everywhere for you to take a rest and enjoy the beautiful atmosphere and surroundings :). The animals were happy and well fed, unlike other zoo's I have been too, you can SEE the difference with these animals :) Also the passion with the workers! My partner is now sending through to become a volunteer :) Thank you, beautiful day had by all!!

Visited June 2013

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Average facilities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

WA is one of the few states you can hold a koala so for that reason it might be worth a trip. Facilities are average and could do some work. A mixture of domestic animals and Australian native.

Western Australia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Kangaroos & Koalas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great place to take overseas visitors and get up close & personal with our wildlife. Even I got excited been able to pat a koala. Quite accessable with a pram.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Left feeling very upset”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went early morning. We were the only one's (my 2 year old and I) feeding the kangaroo's.
I read all signs before entering. The Kangaroos' swarmed us, we threw food out to them. A staff member then come in a screamed at us for 'not following the signs - we are meant to hand feed them' he then called me stupid. This made me very upset and almost in tears. I re read all the signs on the way out. Still couldn't see anything about hand feeding them.
I emailed my complaint. 2 months later, after another 2 emails i received a generic email saying sorry and the staff member has been spoken with.
I feel this was not enough. I will not be going back any time soon.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Bec P
western Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome *****”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

A lovely day out. Lots of kangaroos to pat and feed, including white ones. There are koalas in a walk through enclosure, which you can pat (!!) for free (!!) and a variety of other native animals in beautiful gardens. The walkways alone are quite lovely. There is also a farm setting, just awesome for children, where you pat and feed goats, rabbits, guinea pigs, a lama and the cutest baby buffalo ever. Go for a camel ride, look at horses and sheep or stay and watch the farm show, which demonstrates sheep shearing. The big shed houses a range of animals to get close to, including a python (you get to hold it) and quolls. My kids thought it was the best day ever (until the end, see below) and I was pleasantly surprised. Allow about 4 hours.

The only bad experience was buying the kids an ice cream as we were leaving. We needed to walk through the shop to exit the place and were promptly told we were not 'allowed' food in there. My 10 yr old son had not even opened his! That ended the day on a bad note, as the kids were allowed to choose something as a keepsake, then were effectively kicked out without being able to do so. Bad business sense and ruined an otherwise perfect day.