“small portions”
Review of The Coach House

The Coach House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Coach House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Potton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to our stylish eighteenth-century coaching inn nestled in Potton's ancient market square. Good food, good company and a good night’s sleep are at the heart of what we do, and we look forward to meeting you.
UK
“small portions”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Been a few times the portions are small you need 3 courses to fill you up and the service is bad and slow. The choice on the menu is very fussy and if you are not adventurous you would find it hard to find something you liked. Pricey for what you get

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank tjai9220113
ChrisWoodcraft, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review The Coach House.

We are sorry that you feel that the portions sizes are small. We have since discussed this with our Head Chef and we are going to review it on certain dishes.

We serve fresh, local and seasonal food and change the menu frequently. We try to offer a mix of favourites such as our take on fish & chips and sausage & mash as well as more adventurous options like game and fish. We are always willing to accommodate special requests to serve dishes without sauces or change vegetables – please do ask our waiting staff.

We hope that you will try the Coach House again soon and look forward to welcoming you.

If you would like to discuss any of these issues further please contact me on mail@coachhousepotton.co.uk

England
“Fab lunch!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Popped out with Husband for a working lunch....well you know what it's like when Husband is Working From Home but has requested Lunch Out! It just so happened that I had been hunting for somewhere to buy Teapig Teas! Up popped The Coach House, so I checked the lunch menu and then fed the satnav the postcode. Husband liked the beer, well I did too but as I wanted a Teapig...
We couldn't decide what to have as I wanted everything! Opted for the deep fried goat's cheese which was heavenly! Husband had a toasted panini which was served with a few delicate cut fries.. Yum! (Yes we always swop tastes!) I don't know what the appeal is with jumbo chips! As for the Teapig? Yes I had a yummy mug of Peppermint and it really is the best caffeine free tea on the market. I was given some for Christmas and it's the best mint tea I've ever had.
Husband paid for lunch....and a box of tea bags!! I'll be back as there's lots more on the menu I want to try!

• Visited March 2013
“Small!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great food but really small portions, service hap hazzard. Would go again in the hope that it improves. Spent over £200 on four of us and left feeling hungry!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank victoria d
Thanks for taking the time to review The Coach House. I am glad that you enjoyed the food – we take pride in our menus and serve fresh, local and seasonal produce.

We are sorry that you felt that the service wasn’t satisfactory and that the portions were too small. I have since discussed portion sizes with the chef and we going to review this.

Belle and I are always keen to receive feedback and improve where possible. We are sorry that on this occasion we did not have the opportunity to rectify any shortcomings whilst you and your friends were still with us. We care passionately about making sure visitors to The Coach House have the best experience possible and we would have loved to make things right at the time of your visit.

London, United Kingdom
“The best food, service and ambiance for miles around”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I go to the Coach House quite often, specifically last night I went with my wife for my birthday, they had a special menu on for Valentines night. This was by far the best food I have tasted there yet. I can't think of anywhere else in the area quite like this place. Chris and Belle have done and continue to do a great job here. The decor is perfect either one of them knows a hell of a lot about branding and interior design or they know someone who does. The food is always excellent (my personal favourite is the 3 Sliders burgers) and the team there deliver amazing service. Long may it continue and someone give them an award of some kind!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank philman1980
ChrisWoodcraft, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We're so pleased you enjoyed your birthday meal on valentines night. We were particularly happy with the menu Chef had written and its lovely to hear you were too! We will be changing our menu again shortly so watch out for this... Don't worry, the sliders are staying! We also have some changes planned for our lunch menu... See you soon.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food - imaginative menu”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good food served in friendly surroundings with nice atmosphere. Some interesting dishes to choose from like breast of pheasant.The staff are very attentive.

Visited January 2013