Casa Del Mar Beach Hotel
  • Pool
$57
$42
Agoda.com
CouCou Bar Hotel & Restaurant(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$39
$36
$27
$23
St. Bernard Beach Resort(Bantayan Island)
$33
$31
$46
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Kota Beach Resort(Bantayan Island)
  • Beachfront
Marlin's Beach Resort(Bantayan Island)
TripAdvisor
Amihan Beach Cabanas(Bantayan Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstyphoon yolandaocean viewwhite beachcebu citybogophilippines
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

After meeting friends in Cebu, we went up north to relax for 2 nights. We wanted to look around ourselves and we knew that Typhoon in november had hit the north of Cebu. But we were amazed, how ambitious people overthere rebuilt their places.
This you can also tell about this hotel. Signs at the street could be better, but our driver knew the place. And after a nice drive through the golf court with breath taking views to the sea, we finally arrived without problems.
We took a room at the basement. Those rooms are very big, more like a Junior Suite. Aircon working fine. Staff very friendly, serving us dinner right away. Staff is very accommodating, good service and good food. Of course the hotel still needs some more effort in renovation, but they already did a lot. And the beach is wonderful, also for snorkeling.
This hotel deserves to be recommended. I am sure that we will come back on our next visit in Cebu.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Ulfilasmax
Lars L, Owner at Casa Del Mar Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2016

thanks and welcome again

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Went there together with my boyfriend on a tour to visit Cebu only for 1 night.
The place has been hit by Yolanda, but the staff and management already did most of the repairs. We heard that there is a management with international experience coming in August.
So there will be even more effort to reinstall the hotel.
But already now you can see the changes to what other people wrote here.
Staff is very accommodating.
Food was very good.
Though they lost some palmtrees, beach is exceptional.
If you are looking for party, this is not the right place, except you come with a group and organize your party together with the management.
It is remote and perfect, if you want to relax, swim, snorkel or golf with an extraordinary view to the sea.
Also if you want to have your wedding towards the sunset.
We are planning to come back and spend more time. Especially since we were informed about their plans to install a Spa....
Looking forward to meeting the new guys....

Room Tip: Bungalows are close to beach, higher floors have good view to the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank ladyheart17
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Perfect place to play golf and diving..

Good service good food. Planty of good happy hourer good looking beach and clean.

Here is perfect for family holidays.
Is good for relaxing and massage you have it all..♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Gerly J
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The photos posted in their website were taken before the Yolanda super typhoon which also hit the north part of Cebu including San Remigio. The resort suffered damages and the repair is very very slow. The dive center is destroyed. The horses you see in the website are not there anymore. They transported them in a safe place.
Damaged cable TV. Room phone is not working. The beach is not maintained any more and the place is poorly staffed (although friendly). Despite the degraded change, they still maintained their rate (which is actually expensive compared to other resorts in San Remigio)!!
They should have lowered their rates based on their current situation or better yet closed their hotel for renovation rather than continue accepting guests and getting bad reviews....

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Rjs815
Wolfgang K, Resident Partner Management at Casa Del Mar Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

things have changed overhere. We are working on the resort every day. Since August 1st there is a new German Management taking care. Me and my wife are experts in hospitality, good food and wines. We try to give you a family atmosphere and do our best to bring this place up again, where it belongs. Come and see our unique beautiful beach or play golf on one of the most exciting courses in the Philippines. Breathtaking Views to the Sea included. Also perfect for beginners. We are working on the release of a new homepage and we will offer new programs, like sailing and golf, wine tests, island hopping and more. Test us out....
You are perfectly welcome.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Where do I start booked a room 1 double bed and 2 single
I knew it was low season and we were the only guests staying but....
They didn't expect us on arrival very poor service.... had to call office in Cebu very bad exchange rate - Oh becareful take lots of cash as they don't take anything else
room- 1 double and 2 sofa beds - not in the write up!- bedside lights didn't work as the plugs don't fit the sockets! 3 people staying only 2 towels!
mini bar only 5 bottles of water!
No cable TV it wasn't working so they gave us some DVDs
the korean restaurant told us to go to the other restaurant when I asked for a menu .. never asked if we liked Korean food! the other restaurant we where told sorry low season not much choice of food -corned beef hash with rice or pasta ! . when I asked about breakfast they said corned beef hash! drinks- beer coke water powered fruit juice thats all! talk about giving people a choice when I complained they said you can always go into town - 650 pesos each way!!!!! asked to speak to the manager - sorry she is in cebu (about 3hrs drive away) and office is closed during the 2 days I asked lots of times to speak to her only after I paid the bill before leaving I managed to speak to her and she couldn't hear me on her mobile! I txt her but she has never replied but I overheard one of the staff on the phone after saying yes he has paid!
we had pasta it was tasteless and the French fries white hard and very greasy infact all the food was greasy
Breakfast they managed to make an omelete the filling wasn't what I ordered but" hey its low season"
Service improved a little after I gave them my business card I'm a director of food and beverage !
The resort is small beach it OK water clear and warm
when leaving asked of a car to take us 2500 pesos for the taxi not so bad .... but the taxi driver had to give them 800 pesos out of that to the hotel rip off for him
I could go on.....what ever happened to customer service .... if anyone wants to see how a hotel should not be run then go and stay I've been in the hotel business for over 30 yrs worst place I have stayed I don't normally write bad reviews I vote with my feet as in never going back if its bad but I had to write one for this place
I would suggest that the Manager should spend more time training the staff and be there
the staff told us they only had 5 rooms in the last month no wonder

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
11  Thank 366Alastair

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

You are perfectly welcome.