“Bland and overpriced (should have read the reviews!)”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Rajinda Pradesh

Rajinda Pradesh
Ranked #8 of 11 Restaurants in Elveden
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bland and overpriced (should have read the reviews!)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Being curry fans we were really looking forward to our meal at Rajinda Pradesh. We like to eat out and thought a curry would be a great treat while at Center Parcs.
However, the whole meal was a disappointment.
We had the set menu deal, this was advertised outside but when we got our menus it didn't mention it at all. We asked if it was available and were then given a leaflet. Another table arrived after us and asked the same thing about the set menu!
The service was prompt and we got our poppadoms straightaway. They were very oily and tasted like the ones you make yourself out of a packet. The dips that came with it, were a bit of a guessing game, they weren't like any we have had before, one even had the taste of pesto.
The starter platter was bland, the bhaji had an unpleasant powdery after taste; while the drumstick was slathered in sauce but had no taste at all.
Our main courses were again fairly quick to the table but were the biggest disappointment. I had a Makhani, which is normally a rich creamy dish and not overtly spicy, mine tasted like a bland tomato sauce. My partner had a Dhansak, and again this lacked flavour and spice. The base of the dish is normally a lentil dhal but this tasted more like boiled and bloated lentils had been stirred into a base sauce. The pilau rice seemed like microwave rice from a supermarket takeaway. The garlic naan was the best part of the meal with a good garlicy flavour but again had an oily texture like the poppadoms. We left most of our mains and were both very disappointed.
The service we received was polite and prompt overall but overall I felt the food was overpriced for the quality.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Amyjan3

Hertford, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The entrance to this restaurant is grander than the food. I dont really know where to start. The interior is dark and uninspiring. The poppadoms were greasy and dripping in oil. The sauces were unrecognisable. The service was extremely slow and the rest of the dishes poor to say the least. The only good thing about the experience was that they do a childrens set indian meal which was good value and, to their relatively bland palates, acceptable. So all in all a big disappointment and one to be avoided.

• Visited April 2013
London
“In my Top 3 worst Meals Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Okay, Firstly I am Indian so any curry house is competing with the amazing home made food I have had all my life. That being said I love to eat out and have takeaways and Indian food is my first choice every time. After booking Elveden Centre Parcs for Easter Weekend and a baby sitter for Saturday night, my wife and I were looking forward to our night out. Our booking was for 8.30 so we arrived 30 mins early to sneak a drink at the Bar.

What hit us first was that it was relatively empty, but we were greeted with a smile and shown to the bar. At the Bar we had a drink and looked through the menu, my favourite was not there so I asked one of the waitresses who immediately said that the chef was unable to accommodate - this should have said alarm bells ringing as to make the dish would have been easy and all the required items were in the menu (and the chef was Indian).

We were seated at 8.30 and our rather bland poppadums and dips were sent to the table and we ordered a bottle of wine and a jug of water. We then waited at least 30 minutes for our wine to appear and our water appeared after 3rd time asking....

When the food arrived it looked and smelt reasonable, not what we would have expected, but still ok. By this point we were starving (time 9.40) and immediately stuck in to the 3 /4 dishes we had ordered....

The prawns were okay, but all the other dishes seemed to be have been made from the same Sharwoods sauce jar. The curry dishes tasted similar to the "curry" you get in a northern chippy - slightly darker in colour, same gritty texture.. the daal was bland and the bombay aloo like nothing I have ever experienced - my main was a "paneer jalfrezzi" this was the same sauce as the bombay aloo, 3 to 4 pieces of paneer - no chillies and about 4 items of vegetable - however it cost £17.00 - absolute rip off.
The naan bread was the only highlight but they were served warm rather than hot but tasted fine.

It's hard to say how bad this was but when I did complain, the smiling waitress seemed to be okay with me describing the meal as one of my worst, as if she had heard the same thing said 3 times before on that evening and every day that she worked there.

Elveden is great - but steer clear of all the food places - it's self catering for a reason....

• Visited March 2013
6 Thank MillHillJNZ
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and bland:a disappointing experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Our visit to Rajinder Pradesh at Elveden was a disappointing experience, not matching at all the description in the brochure. Our first impression was not good: our table was ready and set for us, but its surface was stained and peeling, and sticky with the remains of a previous diner's meal. When called, the staff cleaned the table for us with spray, but it looked very tatty indeed. No table cloths or even table mats, as would be expected in a restaurant that purports to be smart, giving it the appearance of a fast-food outlet. Pappadums tiny, chutneys and dips bland: on finishing them, we were told to keep our well-smeared plates, as we would be needing them for our starter! Astonishing not to be offered clean plates for each course in a restaurant that charges high-end prices! The food was mediocre and bland, was warm rather than hot, and the portions were very small. After the meal there were no hot towels or slices of fruit brought to the table, as is customary in a 'proper' Indian restaurant. Prices here are expensive: food quality is poor. The serving staff were helpful and cheerful- they are Center Parcs staff, after all - but were let down by the poor quality of the food and fittings. I have visited Indian Restaurants all over the country: this is the poorest I have found. Come on Center Parcs, you can do better than this!

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank arcticfox1
London, United Kingdom
“"Massively overpriced and bland"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

First of all, if you are a curry house regular don't bother.
We arrived and got our drinks within 20 mins of ordering, starters within 50 mins and mains 1and a half hours after arriving later!
Starter hot spiced muscles which were nice but were just muscles in curry sauce and seekh kebab was dry with bland raita dip.
Main was a vindaloo at £11.75 not including rice of which I did ask if I could have lemon rice but the chef said no (not happened before) so went with the mushroom rice. Vindaloo was very poor no heat at all and seemed like the same curry sauce that was used for the muscles and rice was like microwave rice had to ask for fresh chillies which was provided straight away and we also got a Biryani which again felt like microwaved rice but chicken and accompaniments were ok.
By this time we were good to go.
We had a rare night off from our kids and wanted to treat ourselves but was very, very disappointed.
On a plus note the waitress was nice and even took £25 off our bill without asking (says a lot)
To sum it up, if you are a real curry fan DON'T bother but if you have loads of time and money on your hands and just want to say you went out for a curry then this is the place for you!

• Visited February 2013