“Great Christmas party venue”

The Elveden Courtyard Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Elveden
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Booked a table for 10 people for our neighbourhood Christmas party.
Nice food presented by the very helpful staff.
All in all a nice evening with good music from the band

1  Thank Davyboy99
There are newer reviews for The Elveden Courtyard Restaurant

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We went here last night for a friends party night - high expectations as the menu sounded fab - what a let down. £35 a head got you amuse bouche (definitely bought from Iceland), a soup,starter with the smallest roll I have ever seen, a turkey dinner (trimmings were burnt, food was cold and tasted seriously cheap and nasty), and a baileys mousse (a blob of choc smeared all over the plate). It was dire! The service was shocking, the bar had no choice and what really was the biggest let down was we were no where near the marquee and completely missed the first set of fantastic band 'Maddison'. I would have minded if I had received a phone call prior to the evening to check this was ok - seriously no atmosphere. In my opinion, the estate is just out to make money and not provide good value for money christmas party - shame on you!

1  Thank Gladders21
Elveden, Manager at The Elveden Courtyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Hannah,
I have received your e-mail and seen your posting on Trip Advisor.

I'm so sorry to hear that your evening here with us here at Elveden was not to your liking. I would firstly like to address the issue of where you were seated. I'm afraid that nowhere is it stated that you are guaranteed a seat in the marquee. I completed the table plan to fit all parties in and ensure that they are as comfortable as possible. I apologize that with your party this didn't please you.

Our idea was that yes whilst eating you would need to be at your table but then once
'Madison' started playing, which was only once everyone had eaten. You would then be free to move into the marquee as you liked, the same as people in the marquee could come into the bar area. It was an oversight on our part not to inform you that 'Madison' were about the commence
their first set, but there was no need for you to miss it. Members of other parties also seated in the restaurant did indeed move into the marquee when they wanted.

I'm sorry that during our telephone conversation you considered me to be rude to you. I was merely saying that we did have your pre-order and that we would have it during the evening to ensure that your order went out as requested. I did not intend to be rude to you at all.

I have spoken with my head chef and kitchen team who are aware of your comments regarding your meal. As you know here at Elveden we pride ourselves on quality. I can assure you that nothing in our kitchen comes from 'Iceland'. We are sorry that the food you received is not
what you would normally expect from us.

Kirsten has also received feedback regarding the comments that you have made about the service she provided. She also apologizes to you. I was on duty on Friday night for the entire evening and I'm disappointed that you did not make me aware of how unhappy you were in any way. If you had, I'm certain that we could have rectified the situation so that you hadn't left us feeling that you would need to e-mail me and complete a review on Trip Advisor.

With regards to the Trip Advisor review I feel it is unfair that this was completed at the same time as e-mailing me giving me no time to respond to you first.

I will also be posting this response. I can assure you that a lot of time, effort and hard work from my team had gone into the party night that you attended and once again I apologize that it didn't live up to your expectations.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is a great place for a Sunday afternoon tea after a bracing walk in Thetford forest. Nice food, good service and a very pleasant atmosphere.

Just one thing drives me mad - the cakes are served on triangular plates, so small that they often overhang the edges and pieces fall off! What madness is this?

Hundreds of years of civilisation has lead to a fabulous piece of crockery - the near-flat, circular plate. It comes in a huge variety of sizes, styles and decorative patterns. It is practical and functional. It is perfect. Use it! :)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Having enjoyed the last Rockabilly Nite and having booked on that night for this event in Nov imagine our horror to be shown into a cold damp marquee with no atmosphere and with the
fantastic music of the band just a whisper thru open doors. After stating that we would rather leave than stay in marquee we were shown to a table in restaurant ,yes it was by doors to toilets and a bit cosy with table next to us but at least it was IN restaurant. Having placed our order we were settling in for a good evening when the waitress informed us that the ribs we had ordered for our mains had sold out THIS WAS BEFORE 8.P.M.!!! Whoever did organising of this event needs a rocket as the four of us have enjoyed several events at Elveden and also told numerous people about it but we will NOT be attending anymore at least until we hear that things have improved. POOR SHOW PEOPLE.

Elveden, Manager at The Elveden Courtyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding Rockabilly Night. As explained on the night, unfortunately there was a terrible mix up with our bookings which meant we had more customers booked in than we were expecting. This is the first time this error has happened and I can assure you it will not happen again.

On the night we did the very best we could to accommodate all our guests and fortunately, as we had a table of staff booked to dine who were pleased to help, we were able to swap you with them and offer you a table in the restaurant.

While our kitchen always over-caters to ensure every diner has choices, on this occasion due to the additional customers we did unfortunately run out of ribs, as they are such a popular dish, so I am very sorry about this.

Following our conversations on the evening and our offer of wine and other drinks by way of an apology, I had very much hoped that we had done our best to ensure that you could enjoy yourselves. I know that Jo, your waitress, will have given you excellent service and I did see you dancing at the end, so felt sure this was the case!

As you yourself work in a busy catering establishment I'm sure you realise that sometimes incidents happen which are out of your control, so I'm disappointed that you felt the need to write this review after this mix up was sorted. However, if you would like to discuss the issues you experienced with me further, please do not hesitate to contact me on 01842 898066 or by e-mail lucy.wright@elveden.com

Kind regards

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Elveden estate food hall, restaurant and specialist shops are a great place to spend a couple of hours. The food hall has some wonderful produce direct from the estate, especially the butchery, where they cut bacon rashers by hand by knife rather than through a slicer. The restaurant uses the same local produce so the bacon & egg breakfast roll or eggs benedict are lovely and fresh.

We haven't had anything more than a snack or brunch in the restaurant but would still thoroughly recommend it, the staff always seem happy and attentive and we're so taken with the quality of their meat that we've ordered all our Xmas needs from their butchers.

You must stop for a visit if you're stuck in the A11 roadworks!

Elveden, Manager at The Elveden Courtyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

We have just had an extremely busy weekend as our Christmas trees go on sale, so it's great to hear that our customers are appreciating our products and service. Thank you for you kind feedback.