“2nd visit........planning a 3rd!”
Review of The Suffolk Escape

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hintlesham
The Suffolk Escape
UK
“2nd visit........planning a 3rd!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was our second visit here, we don't return to places generally as we haven't found that special place; we have now. Despite our best intentions to get out and about there was absolutely no point, the cabins are warm, welcoming, cosy and luxurious - why would you want to leave. We both lead hectic stressful lives with long hours, after the first night, a glass of wine in the hot tub that was all a distant memory.

As usual Andrew was helpful and friendly and the cabin spotless. We are fussy and are glad to report that on this visit we did find 2 things to moan about, 1 - the beautiful cake they left for us ran out too quickly and 2 - the ducks had left! Just joking, not a moan just perfection. All in all superb, relaxing and worth every penny.

Will we be back for a 3rd visit?..........you bet, and a 4th, see you soon and keep up the great work.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew B, Owner at The Suffolk Escape, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Sorry for the late reply but it has been so busy here up to and over Christmas. We were so pleased to read your review and see everything still met your exacting standards! Also it is hugely inspiring for us to read that people who do not normally return to places decided to return
to us! We look forward to hopefully a 3rd visit in 2014.

"Happy New Year" from Andrew and the whole team here at The Suffolk Escape.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013

first off - this may be one of the nicest places i've ever stayed. if you're looking for somewhere to stay and you're around this area, don't even think about anywhere else. it probably helps if there are at least three of you, as the cabins are all 2 double bedrooms, but if you're feeling flush, it would be worth having for a couple, even if it would work out expensive.

but what luxury your money would buy. everything is thought of here, from the walk-in wet-room style shower, to the chimnea, the hot tub to supplied games. even the little things, like having croissants for you when you arrive, and eggs from the farm. i could go on and on and on about this place.

it's set in beautiful countryside, and although i'd highly recommend not moving, there are a couple of places worth visiting within the surrounding area. a word of warning though - most of the routes seem to be oriented towards the driver. if you're walking, you may well find yourself tramping along busy roads. we went to the nearby villages of hadleigh, which wasn't without charm, and for a country walk along the river stour into dedham, which was very pleasant. but, such is the level of comfort within the grounds of the cottages, you may as well enjoy it.

the owners were incredibly helpful, and nothing was too much bother. they also have what looks like a sterling selection of meat from their own farm (sadly we didn't get to try it).

without doubt, this place is one of a kind (well, four, as there are three more cabins). sitting underneath the suffolk stars, wrapped in a blanket, you really couldn't ask for much more

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review and sorry for the late reply but it has been so busy here up to and over Christmas. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay so much and all our hard work seems to have been worthwhile when we read feedback like yours. Also there are lots of useful idea and tips for others so thank you very much and hopefully we may see you again in 2014.
Happy New Year and thanks again from all of us here!
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I wanted a relaxing weekend break for my boyfriend's birthday and this was exactly what I was looking for. It was perfect from the moment we arrived, Andrew was very welcoming and helpful. The log cabin had everything we needed and more. A homemade cake with fresh eggs and pastries in the fridge with milk butter and Jam a lovely surprise! We loved relaxing in the hot tub on the chilly evenings and coming in to the warmth of the log burner. Believe everything you read it really is this good, well worth a visit we're planning our next stay same time next year. Can't wait to come back.
Adie & Fiona :)

• Stayed November 2013
Andrew B, Owner at The Suffolk Escape, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Adie & Fiona, thank you for writing your review, I notice it is your 1st one so thank you for taking the time to set up an account and write about us. I am sure other people will find it very useful. We are so pleased you enjoyed your break so much and are excited to hear you are planning to return next year. We look forward to looking after you then.
Take care,
Andrew and the team.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I wanted somewhere lovely to take my husband to on his birthday . It had to be romantic with a lovely bathroom so I looked at loads of hotels but none of them really appealed to me. After 3 weeks of unsuccessful searching I decided to list the things I knew he would like: fireplace, hot tub, lovely bathroom and on page 2 of my search, up came Suffolk escape. I haven't always been very successful when booking places- mostly they look lovely in the photos and don 't live up to it in real life - however , from the moment we arrived I knew I'd found a gem. We had a fantastic stay. The log cabin is everything you'd want it to be and more. The quality of finish was outstanding and the detail and thought that has gone into kitting out the cabins is incredible- from 3d glasses ( for 3d TV) to white stuff toiletries not to mention the lovely cake and croissants that we're awaiting us when we arrived. It's very very rare for me to ever want to go back to somewhere where we have stayed - there are so many places to explore however, within 10 mins of arriving home we decided to book it got my birthday on April! I'm sure that very soon as word gets around all the cabins will be booked up for months if not years to come so book your turn quick!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank ClareEmm30
Thank you for your wonderful review Clare and we are deeply honoured to be your first, thank you so much for taking the time to set up your account and write a review, it means a lot. We will keep pushing our marketing pieces to try and get us up onto the first page of google, it takes time but we have only been going for 7 months so hopefully later next year we will be easier to find! We look forward to hopefully booking you in for a lovely April break next year. Thank you again for booking with us and also for taking the time to write this fab review.
Andrew
Ilford
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Having stayed in a log cabin in Canada and really enjoyed the experience I searched on trip adviser to see if there was anything similar available nearer home and was delighted to come upon this site and read the complimentary reviews. I booked the Lavenham cabin for a weekend break to celebrate my husbands "special" birthday. As per other reviewers the cabin lived up to its description and was very comfortable with many extra "touches" with the well equipped kitchen even being stocked with bits and pieces I had brought with us not expecting them to be provided. The welcome provisions of a homebaked cake, tea, coffee, sugar 1pt milk, eggs, crusty loaf, portion of butter and jam plus ready to baked croissants was much appreciated. I had pre-ordered frozen meals, flans and desert from the local delicatessen which were great and we also really enjoyed the farm barnsley lamb chops. The hot tub was wonderful - very relaxing but as a biting wind was blowing down the side of the cabin it was a tad chilly getting out for the dash to the cabin - I would recommend taking beach towels to cover up with if going in the winter as we did! (There are gowns provided but they are cotton.) The wood burning stove indoors was extremely efficient and made the cabin very cozy when lit. I just wished the sky had been clear at night as I am sure with such little light pollution it would be wonderful to see the night sky lit with stars from the comfort of the hot tub! I thoroughly recommend this venue which is very well equipped and comfortable (even had a washing machine!). Andrew was very welcoming and we wish him and his family well with this outstanding hospitality business.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review, it is really inspiring for us and it will be very useful for other people thinking about staying here I am sure. Taking on a previous Canadian log cabin experience was a challenge and I am glad we matched up to your expectations! I agree the hot tub on a crisp evening with a clear sky followed by a relaxing night by the wood stove is perfect! Also thank you for your comments and support of our new business, it has been an exciting and challenging first 7 months but the postive feedback and support of all of our guests keeps us going and we are excited to hopefully see many of our guests returning again in the future.
Andrew and the team
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My boyfriend suprised me with a weekend away and I had no idea where we were going!! When we arrived at the beautiful cabins I was amazed.. Every little detail had been thought of and we were even left a fresh cake, eggs and milk. My boyfriend requested a champagne bucket which was there when we arrived. We had a lovely sleep and woke up to complete silence, opened up the double doors to fresh air and the sun shining on the lake!

We went into Ipswitch town for a bit of shopping the next day but both couldnt wait to get back to the cabin, we had planned to go out for dinner but instead decided to stay in with a Takeaway and relaxed in the hot tub as we wanted to make the most of our time there.

Sunday morning we took a lovely stroll along the fields and met the lovely piggys! The weather was lovely the whole weekend but even if it poured down it wouldnt of ruined our experience.

We both felt so relaxed but also so upset when we had to leave. Planning another trip for our birthdays in March, hopefully for a little longer this time!

Would 100% recommend this for a relaxing weekend away!! My boyfriend done very well!!

Jayde and Justin
x

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank yo for your great review and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay so much. We work hard to try ensure you have everything you need.even the odd champagne bucket and ice! the farm here is great for gentle strolls and I am please to hear you meet the black pigs, they are real characters! We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in March 2014!
Thank you again for booking with us, we really appreciate it!
Warm regards
Andrew and the whole team.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Had a fantastic stay....for once a destination where the photos on the website are as per the actual experience...the log cabins are cosy, comfy, high spec & just a delight to spend time in no matter what the weather. Everything you need is supplied. Really well equipped. None of the lodges overlook each other so feels private & a real escape. Farm lovely for a walk with fresh eggs available etc. Andrew was really great to deal with & very helpful. Therapist coming in to the lodge was amazing & she's very good! Can't wait to go back really delivered on a 5 star break! 100% recommend it!!

• Stayed October 2013
Andrew B, Owner at The Suffolk Escape, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thanks for your review, it is a cracking one! It is nice to hear the photos have done the cabins justice but not oversold them! We worked hard to design the site to make it private and I am deleighted to see it worked for you. Samantha's treatments are super and totally relaxes you...even better that it is in the cabin and you do not have to go anywhere. Look forward to seeing you next time...hopefully!

Warm regards

Andrew and the team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hintlesham
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
The Oaksmere
The Oaksmere
#1 of 1 in Eye
Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel

Been to The Suffolk Escape? Share your experiences!