“Location Location Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Balm Beach
Peterborough, Canada
“Location Location Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

In an age where building too close to the water is not allowed, the Balm Beach Resort is a throw back to the 60's when none of that mattered. More of a motel than resort, this quaint spot has a dozen or so rooms, BBQ area, fire pit and obligatory 60's outdoor shuffleboard game. The rooms are well equipped with fridge, microwave, air conditioning, flat screen TV and a firm mattress. All said, what makes this spot a true gem is its proximity to the beach; just 30 steps away! Though the sand is a bit rougher than Wasaga, you won't encounter the crowds or swarms of gulls diving in for your fries. Because it books mainly by the week, the spot books up months in advance, though on this occasion we were lucky enough to grab a room for Saturday night only! Score! I'd recommend this little motel for anyone looking to enjoy something of the beaten path. Even if you're looking for a quick weekend getaway, give them a call... you never know!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KnowAboutTravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

I just returned from Balm Beach this was my second year of staying there and I love it. I had my grandson with this year and he love it as well campfires every night when it was raining . The rooms were really nice and clean .We got to meet alot of nice people from all over the place .the owner of the resort is a very nice and friendly guy and made you feel welcome , He even killed the spiders that were outside for my grandson who is scared of them. well i can continue writing more the beach is beautiful and the arcade is great .I would highly recommend the Balm Beach Resort as a place to stay in the north.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy S
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recently stayed at the Balm Beach Resort which is a local favorite when wanting to beach not far from home. While the rooms are small, they are more than adequate for a weekend getaway to the beach.

Cozy, comfy, clean with great staff and close to every amenity you will ever need for your stay.

Lots of area attractions for couples or family with children. You cannot beat the location or price for this area. Not to mention the free parking.

I have stayed at Balm Beach Resort before as it's the closest to the water and it's family owned and operated which I like.

Can't wait for my upcoming stay!

Room Tip: Any Room is Great!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cheryl K
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

There aren't enough great things we can say about our stay at the Balm Beach Resort. We spent an early October weekend here and while most of the attractions at Balm Beach were shut down and it was too cold to go swimming it didn't take away from how wonderful our stay at the resort was. The rooms are perfect for 2-3 adults (or could very easily fit a family with two children), the bed was super comfy and the kitchenette was stocked with everything we needed. The bbq facilities were the best I've ever used. Mark ensured that we had everything we needed and we had a blast hanging out with him at the bonfire.
It's not hard to see why so many people come back here year after year...a friendly atmosphere, great beach and excellent accommodations, it's the perfect vacation spot...we're planning to visit again next fall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank SoozeeN
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family and I still cannot get over what a great time we had. We had such a unexpected great time we booked again.

Firstly, Balm Beach Resort is truly a place where you can relax and just enjoy! Balm Beach Resort has the ideal location, directly across the beach and close to the arcade and Go-Karts. Great place to go with your kids. The units are not the largest but they are so clean and the price is just right!

I never thought in a million years I would have liked it as much as I did. The owner truly makes you feel like you’re at home. Lit a bonfire at night, we roasted marshmallows and met some very interesting people. You can’t ask for anything more! It truly was a great vacation.

Room Tip: The size of the units are small so make sure your kids aren't too big.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Linda B
Kingston, New York, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was looking for a restful spot, far from crowds and very far from corporate merchandising, with water in close proximity--and I found it! Balm Beach has the quiet, low-key, cozy intimacy that I may last have enjoyed as a child in 1960s family vacations. If it weren't such a long drive (I live in the US; had to be in Ontario for various reasons) I'd be there every year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank 12401LS
Amherstburg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just got back from Balm Beach Resort and it was the most relaxing vacation I’ve had in a long time. Went with a friend who had been there before but to be honest I had never heard of Balm Beach until just over a week ago but now I am raving about it to everyone! The beautiful view from our room and the beach just steps away...you couldn’t ask for a better place to stay.
The rooms were very clean and well kept. Everything you need was provided and all you had to do was bring coffee or whatever groceries you wanted or just go out to one of the restaurants a short walk down the street. There is also an arcade where kids (young and old) can enjoy all sorts of games from Skee Ball to Pinball.
Mark is an excellent host/owner. He makes you feel right at home and was very accommodating if you required anything.
We met guests that have been going there for a number of years and we had such a wonderful time with them. It’s always a pleasure meeting new people and at BBR they were all so friendly and treated the resort like a home away from home.
On the day we had to check out we put our stuff in the car and Mark was kind enough to accommodate parking so that we could soak up some extra sun and hang out a little longer with friends we had made. We were very sad to leave but will definitely be going back!
I almost don’t want to tell anyone about this place…sometimes you just want to keep the secret all to yourself…
Antonella (Windsor, Ontario) and Tiz (Toronto, Ontario)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
#2 of 4 in Port Severn
Super 8 Midland
Super 8 Midland
#3 of 8 in Midland

Been to Balm Beach Resort? Share your experiences!