“A stay to remember”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albrighton
liverpool
“A stay to remember”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I arrived at the hotel quite early but the receptionist was very helpful and said they would look after our bags until our room was ready enabling us to go to the flower show.Needless to say the flower show was a washout but our hotel stay made up for our disappointment.The grounds, the room the food (breakfast) and the service were excellent.Unfortunately I was unable to enjoy the use of the spa and swimming pool but hopefully I will next year when we go to the flower show again.Hopefully the weather will be a bit better and there is enough room in your hotel for us. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Dear Guest,

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury.
Cristina de Oliveira-Frewen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Nicely located authentic old manor house in beautiful woodland private grounds complete with nostalgic creaky floor boards and oak paneling.
Internet was £14 per day - I don't need it that badly.
Basic 1 to 5 TV channels and a few random freeview channels including news.
Bed not that comfortable - not a good nights sleep.
Staff seemed keen yet mostly completely inexperienced. Good service in the Restaurant.
Needed more tea bags (and that's the real black tea not that other flavored stuff).
We appreciated two arm chairs in the room.
Make sure you have locked your door - for our room we had to operate the latch inside as you leave!
If you have luggage, entry is inadequate with steps up from the car park, steps up to reception and no lift to the upper floor. Assistance is available but this is unwanted hassle.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, August 24, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your constructive comments to Tripadvisor. The team and I very much appreciate this.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest regards

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2010

A friend that lives in Vancouver, who used to live in Shrewsbury, recommended that we visit the town and spend a couple of days exploring the medieval streets.

We decided to stay at the Albrighton Hall Hotel after having read some positive reviews and being attracted by the pictures of the hotel on their website. It had the look of an old English manor house, which attracted us.

The hotel is beautiful, in lovely idyllic grounds. Our room was a decent size and comfortable. I personally found the bed a little too hard, but my partner had no complaints. The food was decent, but not fantastic. The drinks, whilst slightly expensive, are typical of hotel prices.

The receptionist, Jane, was an excellent source of local information and suggested activities / sights that we should explore during our limited time in the area. She even offered advice on places to visit near our route as we continued our journey south. Jane certainly enhanced our stay in England and my partner and I are grateful for her input.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, August 20, 2010
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the positive comments; I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in Shrewsbury again very soon.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We were a party of 21 ranging from age 1 to 65 having a spa break to celebrate my sisters 'big' birthday.Everyone expressed the same view lovely rooms,clean and spacious.The children were catered for and we were able to have our function in lovely private dining room where we were so well looked after my sister said this had been her best birthday treat ever.If I had a comment to make it would be that the beef was tough!Would really really love to see teh New year in at the hotel but looks a bit pricey for all of our party but would really hope to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury.
Wolves
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I was staying here as apart of a wedding booking and when i first arrived i was very impressed by the location. I was a bridesmaid so it was very important for every thing to run smoothly for the bride and groom with no extra stress on either of them. When arriving with the bride the reception claimed she was unsure what room the groom was in and some one had taken both keys but she was not sure who. Obviously this was not great as we did not want the bride bumping into the groom. They originally said we could not book into are private rooms until 3 but fortunately they allowed us to go into our rooms early.
I was told that we were all based together but my room was on the other side and was tiny, so I asked if I could stay in a room i was changing in earlier and was allowed.

MAIN ISSUES

My partner put it on his card that he doesn't use as i was in wedding preparations. When leaving i paid on my card and explained that it was not the same card as checked in with. My partner few days later noticed they had charged him as well and because it was a card he does not use it went over his overdraft to which resulted in bank charges. We have called the hotel several times asking for the Manager and they have not got back to us. This is unprofessional and not acceptable that a so called 4* hotel can not be bothered to call back a unhappy customer or even pay back the money like they said.

Not Happy !! But some of the night staff were very kind and helpful shame it turned a bit sour!!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank Ruthygav
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, however, I was truly sorry to read about the double charge. I do belive the Front Office Manager has contacted you with regards to this and my understanding is that this is now resolved and please accept my full apologies for this error

I hope we can welcome you back to Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury very soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Looked good on the website, and after reading the reviews on here was expecting to have a lovely stay. But was very disappointed by the whole experience!
The staff were the only redeeming feature.
Having booked a double room, were advised to take a twin room instead as the only double that they had for us was above the bar, and was likely to be too noisey. We did have a look at it, but was not only noisy but tiny and like a sauna! Room 2, appeared better but was ridiculously stuffy, and the windows aren't able to opened fully due to 'health and safety'. Room 3, was off to a better start. A double had just become available, however was in fact to singles pushed together!!
Drinks in the bar where over priced, had to try several wines before I could even get one that was half decent! Even if it was warm!
Had a meal in the restaurant, again disappointing. We could only laugh in the end, otherwise we would have cried. However the young lady that was waiting on, was a great asset, if not a little embarrassed herself at the food!
Breakfast, cold and under cooked, the juice was good though!

1 Thank Bebe1-10
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we would look into this matter. Contact me at any time on 01939 291000 or email me at h6629@accor.com if you’d like to discuss things further.
With kind regards,
high wycombe
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Was supposed to stay for three nights - but checked out after the first night.

Bedroom like a dungeon - food at evening meal inedible.

Management not really interested - too busy keeping the wedding party happy. They did offer to change the room, but as they served up uncooked chicken to my daughter, decided not to risk staying. We all went to bed hungry.

My husband had to repair the wardrobe door whilst we were there. Lampshade looked as thought it had been used as a football by previous occupants. (Room 48)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank suebHighWycombe
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. We appreciate all feedback. I would like to reassure you that our guestrelations team will contact you personally.

Cristina de Oliveira-Frewen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albrighton
Lion + Pheasant Hotel
Rowton Castle
Rowton Castle
#1 of 1 in Halfway House
The Lion Hotel Shrewsbury by Compass Hospitality

Been to Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!