“Wonderful Friendly Hotel”

Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albrighton
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Having read one of the reviews about the poor reception they received on arrival, we were pleasantly surprised by the helpful friendly staff.
I informed them it was a spa break in celebration of my wifes birthday.
The spa didn't dissapoint. The treatment we had was a wonderful experience for us both. Would thoroughly recommend the head massage!
The room, we found out later it was possibly the bridal suite, was fabulous. The facilities in the room were what you'd expect and more from a four star hotel. Yet it still felt all rather informal, which was a welcome experience from some of the more 'stuffy' establishments we've enjoyed. Walking through the hotel in our spa robes felt comfortable, no 'airs and graces'.
The evening meal was well presented and the dining room staff were attentive without being a nuisance. The dessert was delivered on a large platter with 'piped' chocolate Happy Birthday. A nice touch. Thank you.
I'd recommend the hotel to anyone who simply wants a relaxing stay in lovely surroundings with quality service and friendly staff. As for value....
Excellent is all we can say. Once again thank you.
Chris & Jen

Room Tip: The bridal suite with it's four poster is a lovely room
Thank chrissybaby!
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to add your feedback to Tripadvisor.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay to celebrate your wife’s birthday celebrations.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury very soon.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,969)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We chose this hotel as the location for my brother's 30th family gathering. There were nine of us in total ranging in age from 8 to 60. The hotel was of a very good standard with lovely large rooms, a good size swimming pool and fantastic food. I would certainly stay here again on the dinner, bed and breakfast offer. We were made to feel very welcome.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I’m so glad that you all had an enjoyable stay to celebrate your brother’s 30th birthday at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury.

The staff and I very much appreciate your lovely feedback. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Had a spa treat with my friend, booked by our husbands as a surprise Xmas present. We had such a lovely time, a friendly helpful welcome, a gorgeous bedroom, (clean, spacious, view of the lake) fabulous spa, even better evening meal but I think the staff made it, all of them were friendly, chatty, just a really nice place. Think I might have to bring my hubby back to sample the food!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and the team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury.

I do hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My fiancé and I booked a one night stay with meals included through the mercure website we live 15 miles away and wanted a child free treat night. I could not recommend the hotel enough it was a fantastic stay and the food was 1st class we choose to upgrade to the a la cart menu and we certainly was not disappointed the steak was divine! The service was great the waiter and waitresses could not do enough for us, the receptionist was very helpful well presented and had really good manners which I think is priceless
Our room was clean and spacious with a comfortable bed if I was to pick something out it would be that it was a very hot hotel but opening the window soon cooled the room down
We defiantly would love to visit the hotel again and possibly try the spa out
Worth every penny paid could not recommend enough

Dear Guest,

The team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your time away.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We choose this hotel because of its beautiful setting, the grounds are very and romantic. As we were celebrating an anniversary this was an ideal choice.
The staff were very welcoming and it made our special occasion very special indeed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the positive comments; I’m happy we were able to make your anniversary stay with us so enjoyable.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in Shrewsbury again very soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night with my husband. We stayed in a premier room with dinner and breakfast included.
The lady on reception was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the first floor overlooking the grounds. Very clean with dressing area, seating area and lovely clean bathroom. There were so many complimentary products in the bathroom. we also had a small fridge with complimentary water and 2 cans of pop. A kettle with teas and coffees and an expresso coffee machine. Complimentary robes and slippers.Room was perfect apart from a very soft bed, which did dip in the middle and probably could do with changing. However, we still slept well.
Barman and restaurant staff were lovely and the meal and breakfast were excellent. It was very quiet while we were eating and a little background music would have been nice. Overall a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review.

I hope we can be part of your future stays if you find your self in the area.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Albrighton
Prince Rupert Hotel
Rowton Castle
#1 of 1 in Halfway House
The Lion Hotel Shrewsbury by Compass Hospitality
Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury

Been to Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!