“Great venue for a family celebration” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa

Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albrighton
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great venue for a family celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel as the location for my brother's 30th family gathering. There were nine of us in total ranging in age from 8 to 60. The hotel was of a very good standard with lovely large rooms, a good size swimming pool and fantastic food. I would certainly stay here again on the dinner, bed and breakfast offer. We were made to feel very welcome.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m so glad that you all had an enjoyable stay to celebrate your brother’s 30th birthday at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury.

The staff and I very much appreciate your lovely feedback. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Had a spa treat with my friend, booked by our husbands as a surprise Xmas present. We had such a lovely time, a friendly helpful welcome, a gorgeous bedroom, (clean, spacious, view of the lake) fabulous spa, even better evening meal but I think the staff made it, all of them were friendly, chatty, just a really nice place. Think I might have to bring my hubby back to sample the food!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and the team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury.

I do hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

My fiancé and I booked a one night stay with meals included through the mercure website we live 15 miles away and wanted a child free treat night. I could not recommend the hotel enough it was a fantastic stay and the food was 1st class we choose to upgrade to the a la cart menu and we certainly was not disappointed the steak was divine! The service was great the waiter and waitresses could not do enough for us, the receptionist was very helpful well presented and had really good manners which I think is priceless
Our room was clean and spacious with a comfortable bed if I was to pick something out it would be that it was a very hot hotel but opening the window soon cooled the room down
We defiantly would love to visit the hotel again and possibly try the spa out
Worth every penny paid could not recommend enough

Dear Guest,

The team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your time away.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury.

Dudley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We choose this hotel because of its beautiful setting, the grounds are very and romantic. As we were celebrating an anniversary this was an ideal choice.
The staff were very welcoming and it made our special occasion very special indeed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the positive comments; I’m happy we were able to make your anniversary stay with us so enjoyable.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in Shrewsbury again very soon.

west mids england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night with my husband. We stayed in a premier room with dinner and breakfast included.
The lady on reception was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the first floor overlooking the grounds. Very clean with dressing area, seating area and lovely clean bathroom. There were so many complimentary products in the bathroom. we also had a small fridge with complimentary water and 2 cans of pop. A kettle with teas and coffees and an expresso coffee machine. Complimentary robes and slippers.Room was perfect apart from a very soft bed, which did dip in the middle and probably could do with changing. However, we still slept well.
Barman and restaurant staff were lovely and the meal and breakfast were excellent. It was very quiet while we were eating and a little background music would have been nice. Overall a lovely place to stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review.

I hope we can be part of your future stays if you find your self in the area.

Port Talbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed at Albrighton for our anniversary jan 5-8 2014 we have stayed here many times before but your always apprehensive hoping the standards are what you have come to expect and we weren't disappointed , on arrival we were checked in by a warm welcoming smile and made to feel very welcome , we had stayed before so requested to be in either 55, 57, 59 as we like these , they are close to the gym and have nice views, we have also stayed in the main hotel with character rooms and these Are closer to the dining room and bar and are lovely with views to. we had room 59 , beautiful spotlessly clean and I am a real fuss pot in this . Two comfy lounge chairs a table desk and huge bed with spotless linen. And a real improvement this time was free wi fi which was the only thing which let it down before. the gym is well equipped. I am a novice and despite being busy I believe her name was Amanda took the time to help me on all machines and give me some tips without making me feel awkward what a gem . Breakfast in the beautiful dining room is an absolute pleasure the staff are so curtious and efficient . You have a choice from the extensive cold area cereals fruits , juices etc all so fresh lovely choice of breads and then the hot food either from buffet which is always hot and not greasy or order from kitchen , husband loves the haddock, I like the vegetarian sausage which are best I have tasted. Again everything is done to perfection including the service . I am fussy when I go away I admit it so for me to,have returned several times and be looking forward to going back it has to be good. Many other hotels could learn a lot from the standards at this hotel. You are also only five mins by car to centre of shrewsbury so great location with lovely grounds .

Room Tip: Near dining room and bar and reception ask for main part of hotel if you want to be near gym ask for...