Got a good rate on a spa break that included DBB & a spa treatment.
Our room was in the schoolmasters house, and was very spacious with a nice bright bathroom. Only downside was that if people were talking outside in the corridor, you could have joined in with the conversation.
Dinner in the Oak Room restaurant was delicious, and considering that we were staying in Christmas party season ( when so often food quality slips) I was quite surprised at the quality. Essentially we had posh pie and mash, but it was really good.
Breakfast was nice and plentiful served in the nice surroundings of the Oak Room.
One downside, the bar is a bit clinical.
Spa treatment and facilities was OK. Thermal suite was a nice touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 300 year old Shropshire House, a 4 star hotel with 87 en suite rooms, overlooks an ornamental lake in 15 acres of gardens in the heart of Shropshire just 2 miles from the medieval town of Shrewsbury. 30 min from the M6, J10A. Ideal for visiting Chester, Shrewsbury Abbey and the Severn Valley steam railway. Newly refurbished The Orchid Rooms at Inspiration Leisure and Spa offers a gym, fitness classes, a pool, relaxation lounge and thermal suite including a sauna, steam room, ice room, and six treatment rooms, two of which are doubles. 24 hr room service. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Albrighton Hall Hotel Shrewsbury
- Albrighton Hall Hotel
- Accor Albrighton Hall Hotel Shrewsbury