“Totally relaxing. Amazing!”

Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albrighton
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My mom and I went to visit this spa to relax. How good was this trip? Amazing. We arrived early as we had never been there before, the reception staff did not mind. They were so friendly and welcoming. They not only showed us the bar they even got staff to come to the table and serve us. The room was lovely and spotlessly clean. The spa treatments were good value for money and again the staff were friendly and chatty. In the evening we ate in The Oak restaurant, the food was lovely and was well worth the money. The best food we have ever tasted. The night was made even better as the local Ferrari club was meeting. Bliss! I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Brilliant value for money. Brilliant staff and wonderful surroundings. Just what we needed.

Room Tip: We stayed in the School Masters House, this was lovely and quiet. Highly recommended.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the positive comments; I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in Shrewsbury again very soon.
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,950)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Pros: The staff was wonderful. The bathroom was well-lit and spacious with a very large bathtub.

Cons: The room was listed as a family room. To me, this meant a large room (it was) with beds that could accommodate two parents plus a child, with perhaps the addition of a rollaway bed. Not so. I'm not sure why it was shown as a family room?

Our upstairs room in the stable extension was hot (we were there during a recent heat wave). Leaving the windows open for the cooler night air meant we had to listen to vehicle noise on the road that couldn't have been more than 25 feet away.

If you anticipate the need for open windows, I strongly discourage you from accepting room #87.

I booked this hotel using points on a credit card. Perhaps if we'd been paying customers our experience would've been better.

Room Tip: If the need to keep windows open at night is anticipated, make sure to request a room other than #87...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed in Room 87 in the stables round the back of the hotel on roasting hot day, outside temperature was over 30c on the drive down, simple check in, sat outside on the lawn overlooking the grass and pond having a beer at 4pm in scorching heat, used the pool (small but ok), jacuzzi (fine) and variety of steam rooms (4 of em, 2 were excellent but 2 were poor). Bedroom was hot and air-con would have been welcomed rather than a fan, but it just about did the job. Comfy bed, good pillows, good bathroom, fridge in the room and new flatscreen tv. Good inner glazing helped keep the road noise down as the room was side on to the main road despite being in it's own grounds. Evening meal (small set menu, choice of 4 starters, mains and desserts) was very good, but wine a bit pricey with a statement that ''we believe in keeping wine margins to a minimum'' i checked the bottle of vavasour sauvignon blanc when we got home, it was £8.99 at Majestic and the hotel were selling at £26 ....... small mark up indeed. Breakfast very good next morning but there was a sign saying ''avoid 9 till 10:30'' as very busy, but what if everybody avoids those times? As i say a bit quirky, but a very nice stay and would use again without question.
Spent the following morning / early afternoon in Shrewsbury, and walked the whole of the river (U-shaped) then zigzagged across the town following various landmarks (get yourself the town map), park up on the right by the river in the parking bays, free for 3 hours and easy to get in/out / walk into town by the river. Had a pint in nice little pub called The Three Fishes. Town is a mix of quaintness (lovely by the river, historic in the middle, but some horrible 60s style shopping centre buildings near the train station

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shampers67

Dear Guest,
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable stay at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury. The staff and I very much appreciate your lovely feedback. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My daughter and I have just spent a lovely weekend at this hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable, the Spa facilities are good, food was well up to expectations and, without exception the staff were cheerful, kind, considerate and helpful.

Special thanks to Tim and Emily in the Bar who looked after us so well, above and beyond the call of duty, making our weekend an absolute pleasure

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you and your daughter enjoyed your recent stay at Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa.

I would personally like to thank you, for adding your lovely feedback to Tripadvisor.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in the very near future.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our stay for a 2 night spa package was so good we decided to stay another night. Breakfast and dinner was included and we enjoyed both. The spa treatments were good but could be improved by better enforcing the normal 'spa etiquette' rules of timeliness and quietness. I particularly enjoyed the thermal suite after a quick dip in the pool. We had a lovely spacious room in the school masters house although we had a bit of noise from upstairs neighbours on one night. Staff were friendly and helpful. The grounds were lovely and a great place to relax on a warm day.

Room Tip: I'd recommend the school masters house which was separate from the main building.

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your lovely feedback to Tripadvisor.

I am so please that your enjoyed your spa break and stayed with us an extra night and that you liked your room in the school masters.

The staff and I look forward to welcoming your back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We got married at Albrighton Hall last year and this month went back to celebrate our anniversary. I cant praise the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff enough. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was clean and cool (even in this hot weather!) I would definitely recommend this hotel, and look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your lovely feedback to Tripadvisor.

The staff and I are so pleased that you fully enjoyed your stay to celebrate your first wedding anniversary with us.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Originally booked for two, I was added onto the booking three weeks out. We asked specifically at that time if they would be able to accommodate one more person to the party either in an additional room or even in a roll-away bed form, and received an affirmative. Upon arrival, we were notified that it would not be possible to have a third person in a "family room", and that they would not be able to give even a rollaway bed. When asked were we would put the third person, it was met only with a shrug. I tried to book an additional room (as I was willing to do from the beginning) and was told that there were no longer available rooms and that I should have done that in the beginning. When asked for a solution, I was given none. The room itself, styled "family" had one double bed and a couple of chairs. The room was ridiculously hot (80+ F) and the one small fan could not keep up. The room was directly adjacent to the main road, and kept the noise level at an unbearable level. Would not recommend, even to the comatose.

2  Thank Libbyjoy85

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your feedback to Tripadvisor.

I am sorry that on this occasion, you did not enjoy your stay at Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa.

With regards to the family rooms, once we are full to occupancy, we can not add additional persons to bookings/rooms.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Albrighton
Prince Rupert Hotel
8 mi away
Rowton Castle
Rowton Castle
#1 of 1 in Halfway House

Been to Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!