“Great Spa package”

Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albrighton
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our stay for a 2 night spa package was so good we decided to stay another night. Breakfast and dinner was included and we enjoyed both. The spa treatments were good but could be improved by better enforcing the normal 'spa etiquette' rules of timeliness and quietness. I particularly enjoyed the thermal suite after a quick dip in the pool. We had a lovely spacious room in the school masters house although we had a bit of noise from upstairs neighbours on one night. Staff were friendly and helpful. The grounds were lovely and a great place to relax on a warm day.

Room Tip: I'd recommend the school masters house which was separate from the main building.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your lovely feedback to Tripadvisor.

I am so please that your enjoyed your spa break and stayed with us an extra night and that you liked your room in the school masters.

The staff and I look forward to welcoming your back in the not too distant future.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,927)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We got married at Albrighton Hall last year and this month went back to celebrate our anniversary. I cant praise the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff enough. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was clean and cool (even in this hot weather!) I would definitely recommend this hotel, and look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your lovely feedback to Tripadvisor.

The staff and I are so pleased that you fully enjoyed your stay to celebrate your first wedding anniversary with us.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in the very near future.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Originally booked for two, I was added onto the booking three weeks out. We asked specifically at that time if they would be able to accommodate one more person to the party either in an additional room or even in a roll-away bed form, and received an affirmative. Upon arrival, we were notified that it would not be possible to have a third person in a "family room", and that they would not be able to give even a rollaway bed. When asked were we would put the third person, it was met only with a shrug. I tried to book an additional room (as I was willing to do from the beginning) and was told that there were no longer available rooms and that I should have done that in the beginning. When asked for a solution, I was given none. The room itself, styled "family" had one double bed and a couple of chairs. The room was ridiculously hot (80+ F) and the one small fan could not keep up. The room was directly adjacent to the main road, and kept the noise level at an unbearable level. Would not recommend, even to the comatose.

2  Thank Libbyjoy85

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your feedback to Tripadvisor.

I am sorry that on this occasion, you did not enjoy your stay at Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa.

With regards to the family rooms, once we are full to occupancy, we can not add additional persons to bookings/rooms.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked this for my friends birthday treat, we had 2 nights in superior twin room, nothing to ask for -all there. service, food and customer service could not be faulted as I was not very well on one night and they could not have been more attentive. all well the next day and full use of spa and then both my friend and I had treatments - all included in package. I had back massage, my friend had the hot stone things. please go and try on one of these packages - cannot be faulted.

Room Tip: we stayed in the main body of the hotel which thought was better as some rooms are in annexe and a l...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your lovely feedback to Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay to celebrate your friend's birthday.

The staff and I are pleased to see that you fully enjoyed your time with us at Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I organised a hen weekend at the Albrighton Hotel using their spa weekend package and the whole weekend was excellent. The events team were great at organising everything down to a T and nothing was too much trouble. When we got there all the staff were really friendly and everything ran on time. We had treatments in the afternoon followed by dinner in a private room. They even put on a tailored cocktail tasting workshop for us! The food was also as expected and tasted lovely. All in all it was a lovely stay and all at a reasonable price. Myself and the other hens would recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your lovely feedback regarding your hen party. I am so pleased that you fully enjoyed your time with us and your cocktail display.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I would strongly recommend avoiding this property, which casts the mind back to sub-standard English hotels of a generation ago when mediocrity was politely tolerated!

Maybe we were unlucky, but our experience was of a hotel with small, hot rooms, a dining room with a sign on the door advising guests to avoid breakfast 'between 9am and 10:30am' as it would be busy (!) and a bar which charged an astonishing £6.05 for a single gin & tonic – which was served by disinterested staff and consumed in a room with no charisma whatsoever.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury. I do wish that you would have spoken with one of the management team in a hope to have resolved any issue.

With regards to the notice regarding breakfast times, this is just to inform out guest's that should they require a more leisurely breakfast then to avoid the peak times.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Albrighton
Prince Rupert Hotel
8 mi away
Rowton Castle
Rowton Castle
#1 of 1 in Halfway House

Been to Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!