“A lovely place to stop”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albrighton
Bath, United Kingdom
“A lovely place to stop”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for 1 night. I was allocated a room in the school masters house, The room was bright, airy and had a huge bathroom with a bath and attached shower.

There were a couple of weddings taking place at the hotel, but I guess you have to expect this during the 'wedding season' - it did not change our experience. We had the 5 course taster menu with a couple of glasses of wine. The food was very pleasant.

We had lunch in the bar the following day, the sandwiches were lovely and my partners caesar salad was well presented.

The most striking feature of the hotel was the staff. Every single member of staff that we came into contact with was professional , warm and genuinely pleased to be of assistance. A rarity in some hotels!

Well done to the management of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank neshinoodle
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury very soon.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Visited for a wedding of a very good friend, arrived a day early to ensure a relaxing break but found the room we were allocated was directly over the disco from the saturday wedding. Playing name that tune till midnight hadn't figured in our plans! not a problem the night of the wedding as we were at the disco!

Wifi was not free and the mobile signal reception was extremly poor so be aware you will have to pay for Wifi if you wish to keep conected with the outside world. Bar prices are extremly steep arounf £4 for a pint and £7 for a glass of wine! Also ensure you search for the asiest rout to and from the rooms the signage is a little confusing and if your not careful you can end up walking a very long way! Reception is a good walk from the carpark although there is help with your bags fif you need it!

Food was excellent and the staff were very friendly indeed, breakfast is good with a wide selection and the setting is very nice indeed, rooms are clean and well appointed , fridges are not stocked so either order from roomservice or bring some bottled water with you.

Overall though we were disapointed that a hotel of this calibre didnt include some key features we would have expected. The wedding was great though and very well organised though and the as i said before the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ensure your room has a view and is not either above the breakfast rooms or over the conference suits...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Please allow me to offer my full apologies for not living up to your expectations. We’ll look into things, and I hope we can welcome you back to Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury some time in the future.
Kindest regards
worcestershire
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I visited for an overnight spa break and overall had a most enjoyable stay, the staff were particularly helpful and considerate , the public areas were a nice mix of old and modern and the bedroom facilities were good with a lovely view over the lake. I do hope to revisit but would seriously consider avoiding Saturday if there was a wedding on and/or large hen parties; the spa/leisure facility would benefit from dedicated catering facilities, rather than having to go back into the hotel in robes - on this occasion through the wedding party - we all felt that the spa treatment which was included was a little disappointing, maybe we lost out by them being late on what was a busy day. I was also surprised that the wi fi was not free and chose not to use it.

Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.
oxford
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband wanted to go Shropshire trunk show, so he booked this hotel.
Good location easy access to Shrewbury. Good customer service and friendly staff.
Good selection of breakfast items. We had lovely walk along the grounds. This hotel used be college of blind. Good size bedroom and bathroom.

Dear Guest,
The team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit to Shropshire. We look forward to welcoming you back at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury.
Worcester
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had planned our first weekend away together since working together five years ago. We planned a spa break in a hotel in the countryside. We booked through Spa Breaks, which was a really helpful service. When we arrived we were greeted warmly and shown through to the spa. On the way we had a coffee in the bar, served by another friendly member of staff. The spa itself was fine though the pool area was very small for the number of guests and not enough chairs. The treatments where fine. The bedroom and food where excellent. The only issue we had was that there was a wedding and to get to our room from the spa we had to go through the wedding party in our dressing gowns which felt uncomfortable both for ourselves and the wedding party.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room in the attic which was peaceful and tastefully decorated, though there were a l...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the positive comments; I’m happy we were able to make you and your friends stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in Shrewsbury again very soon.
Merriott Somerset
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just visited Shrewsbury for a few days and paid a visit to Hawkstone Park & Follies and took the chance to stay at this Hotel.I have nothing but praise for the hotel and staff. We arrived on the Wednesday and were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist she was most helpful and very cheerful with it. We ate at the hotel and the quality and amount served in the bar area was very surprising. We enjoyed the Pool and Saunas which added to our few days away and was most rewarding after walking the Hawkstone Park. Our room overlooked the lake and was a double superior room, which was very clean and has a very large bathroom. Facilities in the bedroom are good. Hairdryer, fridge and coffee making facilities are available. Thankyou to staff of this hotel for making our stay most enjoyable.

Room Tip: Room 57 is very good. Quiet at night and lovely view of the lake.
1 Thank Mazchaz
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you, so much for your lovely feedback. The staff and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.
Kindest regards
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Paid extra for the privilege room with the hope of a early check in as my partner was at the hotel early doing bridal hair. Was told on the day no chance of a early check in!! Ok after that little hitch enjoyed the day there at a friends wedding.. My next problem is the charge to connect to their wifi, who in this day and age charges to use their wifi????? I have also stayed at the mercure Leicester city hotel same chain but free wifi???.We all stayed here so we could have a late drink after the wedding only to find they had shut all the bars and we very reluctant to open them..onto my room top floor suite privilege room with four poster mini bed(not full size) my privilege here is to have a shower that just dribbles out!! When we informed reception they offered a discount on their overpriced breakfast, I believe they already know of this issue as the room was booked out the night before!!! Would I stay here again? NO, hotel is still in the dark ages.. Showers not working bar closed and charges for wifi when a sister hotel is free.. It's a NO NO NO from me

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them.
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albrighton
Lion + Pheasant Hotel
#9 of 16 in Shrewsbury
The Lion Hotel Shrewsbury by Compass Hospitality
Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury
The Mytton and Mermaid Hotel

Been to Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!