We booked a belated Director's Christmas evening with overnight to include an a la carte meal and breakfast.
At no time during the reservation were we asked if we had any guests with immobility : at no point were we asked if we had any objections to being put in the Stable Block away from the main building. At no time were we made aware that whether any of us had a disability or not we were expected to carry our own luggage (no porter present or offered) traverse up and down some seriously steep stone steps, walk round the hotel to the back..... and then two flights of stairs to get to the rooms. 3 of the rooms had strong smells of damp - which the hotel must have known because all the windows were wide open and it was very cold - and plug in air fresheners were installed. The carpet in the one room was ringing wet to the touch!!! Another room had no wardrobe doors, another room had no fridge. All the rooms in this wing did not have a room safe which is very important these days. None of these rooms offered a dressing gown - and it is a Spa hotel. They did get a fridge to us after we had to go all the way down to voice our problem. The meal was Ok but very limited choice for a la carte. One guest ordered French fries for which they charged £6 surcharge. she received just 6 chips in the wire basket - so £1 per chip! They did not even stock the liqueur we asked for. Surcharge of £6 if you wanted the steak which was disappointing given the actual choice on offer of main courses. The receptionist did her very best to help but to be fair had to keep going to ask her Manager. The man who delivered the fridge was polite and very helpful and even conducted a search of the wardrobe because he thought there should be a safe in there too!!!! Breakfast was lovely - even self serve buffet style. We were given a £50 refund across our total bill - which was more than £900 - so whilst we were grateful for this - does it really represent a good token of apology for all that was just not 4 star! More like 2 star. Very sorry but we would be hard pressed to recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 300 year old Shropshire House, a 4 star hotel with 87 en suite rooms, overlooks an ornamental lake in 15 acres of gardens in the heart of Shropshire just 2 miles from the medieval town of Shrewsbury. 30 min from the M6, J10A. Ideal for visiting Chester, Shrewsbury Abbey and the Severn Valley steam railway. Newly refurbished The Orchid Rooms at Inspiration Leisure and Spa offers a gym, fitness classes, a pool, relaxation lounge and thermal suite including a sauna, steam room, ice room, and six treatment rooms, two of which are doubles. 24 hr room service. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Albrighton Hall Hotel Shrewsbury
- Albrighton Hall Hotel
- Accor Albrighton Hall Hotel Shrewsbury