“Relaxing spa break”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albrighton
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Relaxing spa break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Visited this hotel with a female friend as we had decided to treat ourselves to the spa package which included treatments, dinner and breakfast.
We had a lovely stay, the food was great and I have to say that every member of staff we met throughout the hotel was extremely friendly. These little touches really make or break a hotel and I have to say I couldn't fault one member of staff - Obviously the Mecure brand are pushing their staff to go the extra mile and this is really appreciated.
I will definitely be back! The only fault was I would have preferred to stay in the main building rather then the newer section, however I'm sure the quality of rooms is the same, this was just a personal preference.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the positive comments; I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in Shrewsbury again very soon.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
worcestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Christmass gift from boys.everythink was good room,food,staff,service.will visit again,and would recommend to everyone.felt good from moment we arived,well done to all the staff.being in catering trade for past 40 years,and still at it,I am very hard to please,but this was a rare treat,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Burnley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Visited recently for one night and a birthday party. The hotel was lovely from the surroundings to the room. The staff in particular we're excellent, especially with my 2 year old and the other children at the party. Lovely breakfast and can't wait to visit again. The only negative was the bar prices, extortionate would be an under statement, but it didn't spoil the stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leah M
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your stay at Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa.

The bar pricing that we have is similar to most 4 star properties.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.
Kind regards
Worksop, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

A nice hotel, a little bit out of Shrewsbury so car/taxi required if you want to get into Town; gym/pool is good as is food/service and rooms. Situated in lovely surroundings and family friendly; staff are good!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
The team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit to Shropshire. We look forward to welcoming you back at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on the 27th of February for one night and got to say it was the worst hotel and spa I have ever stayed in from booking to leaving .RIght where do I start from booking online through there own website we booked a much needed break away so we booked a package break with spa and from the booking we had nothing but problems with them to start with we were contacted on the Friday before to book a spa time but where told there was only 9 am 10 am Saturday morning but we could not book in till 2 pm or we could book 2 pm on the Sunday but we at to check at 12 on the Sunday ,so that time no good for us as well so we decided to just use the pool instead which we did and that was nothing but problems as well when we got to reception at the spa they where all young employees with no manners and not got a clue what they where doing so they give us the key to the lockers in the changing rooms which did not work so we at t go back to reception to get new keys which did work this time. So when we did get in the pool there was a lad hungover fully clothed from the night before running to the changing room being sick then coming back to lay on the lounger by the pool and also the Sauna was out of order there where wet towels all,over the place and kids dive bombing in to the pool and screaming what a poor 4 star hotel and to top it all off the room backed on to a busy noisy car park facing a dirty brick wall I would not recommend this hotel for a nice relaxing weekend break don't go save your money or find a better hotel I can go on to say a lot more but typing this is making me angry so would just advise you think very hard before booking this hotel

Room Tip: Stay at home
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ian d
Dear Guest,
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury. I am aware that you have spoken with the Duty Manager, prior to departure, and we as a management team have discussed the issues raised and have implemented and updated procedures in order to prevent such issues from happening again.

Kind regards
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

After reading these reviews on Trip Advisor I decided to take my two grandchildren (aged four and six year) for a few days during Feb half term. I booked through the hotel directly for three nights B and B. the first evening all four of us had dinner in the bar (two adults and two children). The whole stay cost less than three hundred pounds. I have stayed in a few places with the GC, but this has to be one of the best for value. We had full use of the pool during our stay - the main reason for going - and it was well worth it. The GC's swimming improved considerably during the stay. All the staff we met were pleasant, helpful and friendly. The room was a good size with space to spare despite having a king-sized bed and two extra beds for the GC. The bathroom was spacious. I would have no hesitation in returning to the hotel with the GC. I am fussy and expect value for money. I found it here along with friendly courteous staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time with your grandchildren during your recent stay at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albrighton
Lion + Pheasant Hotel
Rowton Castle
Rowton Castle
#1 of 1 in Halfway House
The Lion Hotel Shrewsbury by Compass Hospitality

Been to Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!