“Warm and wild in more ways than one!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Meghauli
Chitwan Bamboo Lodge
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Warm and wild in more ways than one!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Desirous of avoiding the Jungle Thamel scenario of Sauraha, we found this quiet place in the Tharu settlement of Meghauli and immediately felt at home. This small resort was hemmed in by open fields, the staff were courteous and attentive, the bamboo cottages (with modern toilets) airy and spacious, and the food simple and generously portioned. Of the standard Chitwan activities they offered, the birdwatching and jungle walk by a father-son guide team really stood out. The latter in particular offered the opportunity to tramp through the park (not the buffer zone) for the whole day, and we were amply rewarded by sightings of numerous rhino, Indian bison, wild boar, deer, gharial, monkeys and an assortment of attractive birds. The packages are pretty good value. I hadn't been to Chitwan in 20 years, and the Bamboo Lodge reminded me of what I'd been missing. Go here before the major resorts being built come to fruition!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

beautiful view,good Location, staff was very kind and friendly.I had really good time in there.I heard voice of Jackal at night.I was able to see rhino and she's baby, monky,wild cat,wild boar,beautifl birds of some kind ...in the Jeep ride.elephant ride
..fishing...by bicycle around the nearby villages of Bamboo Lodge...everything was exiting! Bamboo Loge is my favorite place. I think you also become so for sure!!!
dear stuff of Bamboo Lodge
I miss you guys....how have you been?
I hope we can meet again.take care.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank mizutamacomeco
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I'ts been half a year since I was in Bamboo Lodge, Meghauli. I'm watching my photo's now and can see that it was the highlight of my Nepaltrip! The wooden cabins were very pretty and comforable and cozy. The people in the lodge, the owner and my 2 guides were very forecoming and helpful. I had an exciting trip in the jungle with a wonderful lunch. At night we were watching the stars and listening to the crazy sounds coming out of the jungle (wild elephant!). The guide also knew a lot about birds in the direct area of the lodge. I highly, highly recommend this lodge!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Joanonthebike
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed at the Bamboo Lodge for 5 nights and had a wonderful time. The staff was wonderfully accommodating and friendly. The pick up service was very helpful! The warm campfire every night to stave off the chill was a delight, the food great (although maybe a little on the pricey side-but you have to eat there-no other restaurants around!) The cabins were great, the bed very comfy. The lodge's guide was very knowledgeable and it was great to be near a part of Chitwan that was less touristy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meghauli
Pugdundee Safaris Barahi Jungle Lodge
Pugdundee Safaris Barahi Jungle ...
#1 of 23 in Chitwan National Park
#4 of 15 in Chitwan National Park
Wildlife Adventure Resort
Wildlife Adventure Resort
#11 of 23 in Chitwan National Park

Been to Chitwan Bamboo Lodge? Share your experiences!