Santa Fe Beach Club
  • Breakfast included
$45
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Ogtong Cave Resort(Bantayan Island)
$46
  • Pool
St. Bernard Beach Resort(Bantayan Island)
$61
$31
  • Beachfront
$50
$23
Agoda.com
Marlin's Beach Resort(Bantayan Island)
$81
$38
$57
$43
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfine white sandogtong cave resortnon airconbantayan islandsea portrooms are spaciouscheap pricetricycle rideisland hoppingnice resortstabeachrenovationaccessibilityhahaatmfisherman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2011

-Near the pier. They pick you up and bring you back to the pier after check-out
-Comfortable rooms (2pax) Php 1600/night, no TV - you won't need it
-No wi-fi
-Good food! Try the fresh seafood
-Available activities include: horseback riding, kayaking, snorkeling, biking around the city
-Had a massage after our visit to the virgin island Php 300/hr
-Beach has very fine white sand
-No swimming pool
-Friendly staff, some had a hard time communicating
-There are always people around to help you with what you need
-Hired motor bikes that brought us to the city center where there were more restaurants

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the right wing. These balconies will have a better view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Denise G
Reviewed January 2, 2011

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, I was a bit apprehensive when my mom, who lives in Cebu City, reserved two rooms at the Sta. Fe Beach Club for the six of us. Since we booked the week before our planned arrival date, we were told that the only rooms available were Clubhouse rooms which were fine when we checked them out upon arrival, but my dad has mobility difficulties and the rooms were on the second floor, so we were concerned about his ability to be able to get up and down the stairs.

We were then offered the Deluxe Duplex which was a detached building right next to the beach. Although the price was over a third higher than the clubhouse room, the Deluxe Duplex rooms were much larger, with one queen size bed and one twin bed in each room and with aircon and a small refrigerator. The bathrooms also looked newer and everything just looked fresher. We stayed for three nights and were very pleased with the comfort and location.

Most of the hotel people we met at the resort were friendly and accommodating. There were two people, who at first glance, seemed a bit distant, but they still provided us with effecient service.

Even though they are located close to the pier, that didn't detract from enjoying the view of the ocean and surrounding islands. Yes, there is garbage on the beach, mostly wrappers, and while we were there, it seemed that we were on the windy side of the island, but we still very much enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank fvtan
Reviewed October 28, 2009

This is a nice hotel if you want to have a private beach area on the side of the island where it isn't so windy. The pictures I saw on trip adviser before I stayed there made the place look nicer than it really is. The rooms are ok, most have a balcony, some of the rooms are small cabanas. The rooms are very run down, mattress is horrible, sheets and blankets are old, plastic chairs to sit on, no TV, no phone, etc. It's like staying in a hostel which is ok for me but I thought it was going to be nicer than it was. For 25 usd a night it was good.
There were many ants in my room when I got there, the staff didn't seem surprised they just came and sprayed for me. The restaurant is really good but if a large group is staying there they will take care of them first and you will wait forever for food!! Also if you want to eat your food on the beach (about 30 sec walk from the restaurant) they charge you 10% more, if you have been to the Philippines you already know they are going to charge you for any and everything they can.
There are groups of men hanging out near the hotel entrance that will try to get you a taxi, set up a boat trip, and many other things, There are a lot of locals that want to "help you" do your best to not use them, walk to the street and get a taxi ride that way, rent a scooter to get around the island it is cheap.

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, then I moved about 5 minutes away to a nice hotel in the "city" that was half the price and much cleaner, it wasn't on the beach but I found it to be much better, I would reserve this for one night and look around I bet you can find something nicer and cheaper once you get to the island. Their sister resort however is very nice and worth the extra expense!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Danielle546
Reviewed August 27, 2009

this banatayan island beach resort is a masterpiece, though many things seems to be needing improvement, but the place, the location, the majestic view, the sands is truly making up for its shortcomings.

we've stayed in a cottage house so that we can really feel the native surroundings, the room was cheap, the beds were clean, the sheets were a little thin, the blankets also were a little thin, the comfort room was not that bad, although i didnt like it.
also avaliable were the water adventures, which were the main reason for our stay.
room attendants were not first class of course, but overall polite in such a way.

i recommend this location if you are truly looking for that great great beach, but really there is no perfect thing in this world nonetheless.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank xxgrendel
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I do understand that the local people of Batayan Island want to make the most out of the tourist trade but it the constant and consistent hassling does become very tiresome. Added to which, a refusal of any kind is met with downright rudeness bordering on belligerent.

Whatever resort you decide to stay at you will get hassled, right from the moment you arrive at the ferry terminal at Hagnaya but at the Santa Fe Resort the hassling will continue. Whilst there seems to be a rule to stop touts from entering the grounds, some still do whilst others just stand and stare or continually call from the gate.

The beach chalets were fully booked so we took a hotel room. The room was small and poorly maintained. The restaurant was ok but then my expectations weren't very high. The restaurant staff are predominantly surly and disinterested. If you leave a tip you won't receive an acknowledgement or a thank you. The shower water reeked of sewage - truly a foul stench.

There is a TV in the restaurant but the owner of the place pulls up a sofa chair to within a few feet of the set, puts his feet up and sits there watching it like he's in his own lounge, whilst barking orders at the restaurant staff. Perhaps this is why they are so sullen?

The beach is great but the sea is somewhat sterile. Not much to see at all but it is shallow and appears to be safe.

We took a boat ride to Virgin Island for what we were told would be great snorkelling. Having been hassled to take the trip during the ferry to Batayan and offered a price of Php2500, which we know was well over priced, an offer of Php500 seemed a good deal. However, there were no fish and no coral to be seen. After the event I learnt that we were taken to Cabulauan Island instead and to add insult to injury, we paid the entrance fee of Php200 to enter Virgin Island, so we were royally ripped off. This may benefit a few locals in the short term but it’s not exactly going to enamour the foreign tourists into coming to the island.

One final comment is that the resort is located right next door to a fuel storage depot. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions about the risks of staying next door to such a facility.

We only stayed one night. We tried to transfer to the Ogtong Cave Resort but they only had one room available and that was Php18,000 a night! I can't see that any place is worthy of that charge in Batayan but I suppose people do pay it. Also note that the check-out time is a ridiculously early time of 10:00am. Following this we went to the Kota Beach Resort so if you want to know what this is like, check my review.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple