“Total relaxation”

Ranked #1 of 10 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Paranaque, Philippines
“Total relaxation”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and i stayed in this resort last November 2012 and we're dying to go back. In totality, the resort is awesome! It's one of the most pricey hotel (although price is still super affordable at 1,750) in Bantayan Island but, I tell you, IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
From reservation up to your check-out in the resort, they will gladly assist you. The staffs are courteous and the resort itself is lovely. You wouldn't want to leave the resort because everything you need is there already. The food is great and super cheap. Try the crabs and tempura, for 250-300, the serving is very generous and it tastes good too. They also have coffee shop near the shore and you can have your coffee frap delivered into your room. They will also assist you if you wanna go island hopping.
Will definitely go back to Bantayan and stay at Anika.

Room Tip: Even if you occupy the Garden room, it's still okay because the beach is just 2 kembots away! :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
manila
Reviewed January 19, 2014

this review is pretty late already, we stayed last october 15-17 2013. actually Anika was not on our list of accomodations that we considered in santa fe. we were rooting for budyong because ot the sandbar plus the shallow beach front of the hotel, but locals know best when we arrived at the island at around 6:30 pm the locals advised us to go to anika instead for 2 valid reasons, its the newest hotel in the area plus during that time october there was no sandbar at budyong plus the amihan brought seaweeds to the shore which is not good for swimming. as we saw anika we were impressed, reception restaurant area is cozy, the rooms are modern and unique since it's made from container vans, beds are very good, cr was with modern fixtures we do have our own balcony plus the price was just right for our budget, what else can we ask for? and then when the morning came there we discovered that we had the best oceanfront, ive been dreaming to experience a shallow,calm,turqouise oceanfront and it came true during my stay at anika.
and by the way when we are about to checked out, weve experienced the earthquake that damaged bohol. as of todate ive seen the pictures of anikas grounds that was also devastated by yolanda. for sure they will soon recover from it, and we hoped to get back next year.

Room Tip: if you have the money get the garden rooms or the ocean front rooms. bring your own source of wifi.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank scatterbrained
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Bantayan Island is at the very far Northern tip of Cebu province. To get there from Manila is a long half day trip via all modes of thinkable transportation (from air, land and water)

2 hours at the airport
1 hour & 10 minutes Manila to Cebu flight
3 hours bus ride from Cebu City to Hagnaya Port
1 hour & 15 minutes ferry ride from Hagnaya Port to Santa Fe, Bantayan Island

The long travel is very much worth it. This island is definitely a total getaway.

Anika Staff was already at the port when we got there. We rode their multicab. The resort is more or less 5 minutes away from the port.

Welcome drinks were served immediately. We initially booked the Sunrise View room but the moment we saw how captivating the beach was we requested to transfer to their Sea View room. It's P3000/night but the view is priceless.

Room is clean. Beds are so comfy. A/C is all too powerful. Basic toiletries are provided. Cable TV that comes with a DVD player. A personal ref too. But I love the balcony of our room. Just sitting there and looking at the beach gave a certain serenity that only nature can provide.

Their resto is named Chloe Cafe. Food is a "thumbs up". It is a must try. They offer fresh catch of the day. You won't be shortchanged here. I recommend you try their crabs and some seafood. Veer away from ordering pork or the usual dishes that you can always order in the city.

Anika Staff are very warm. They are all friendly and helpful. You feel like family.

So many things crossed out from our bucket list...

*We got to tour the whole island by renting a habal-habal (P500 for whole day; comes with driver)
*Visited the town Madrilejos
*Toured Bantayan Island Nature Park & Resort
*Went to see the very first mangrove plantation in Cebu
*Bought danggit fresh from the market
*Went around Santa Fe on our bikes (24 hours rental at P150)

Staying at Anika was one of the highlights. But it's the total experience and the coziness of Bantayan Island that made it a memorable travel for me last 2013.

The people are amazing! Their simplicity and happiness are infectious. I felt I was a local and never a tourist.

Bantayan Island is a sanctuary for the soul. I am thankful that it will require so much effort to get to this island. Otherwise, it would be like Boracay. Saturated and commercialized.

I will definitely go back this 2014.

Room Tip: Choose the Sea View (beachfront) room. Awestruck view of the beach: sunrise to sunset
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank She S
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We are a family of 7 who stayed at Anika for 1 week over Christmas. The devastation from the recent typhoon was extremely saddening, however Anika received little damage.

The rooms are constructed from shipping containers were beautifully fit out, clean and easily cooled. The staff were wonderfully attentive, friendly and always available to offer help and information.

We hired a motorcycle and organised a boat trip to Virgin Island through reception and would highly recommend doing this.

The cost of rooms and food at Anika is very competitive compared to other local resorts and restaurants which are much more expensive and offer a lot less. The value for money here was exceptional!

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Anika. We will definitely be back to stay and will recommend them to our friends and family!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank MolRoRye
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I read a lot of good reviews about Bantayan Island and this resort so we decided to spend our vacation here. We booked Anika Island Resort for 2 Nights/3 Days but we never had the chance to stay at the resort nor see the beauty of the beach. Due to Low Pressure Area affecting Visayas and Mindanao, there is no ferry from Hagnaya Port going to Sta. Fe port during our visit. We traveled 3 hours from Cebu North Bus Terminal just to reach Hagnaya Port and learned that there is no Ferry. We are disappointed because when we called the resort the morning before we went there, the hotel staff said that the weather is fine there. It could have been better if they have informed us even while we are in transit regarding the real situation there - that the waves are high, that there is no ferry. So we had lunch at Hagnaya port and immediately went back to Cebu taking the same bus that brought us there. I was asking for a refund of my deposit, and they are telling me to reschedule my stay. But I'm living in Manila and it will not be easy for me to take vacation leave, book a flight, and resched again. One of the hotel staff said she will refer this to their main office in Cebu whether they will give me a refund or not. I'm still hoping they will, because our cancellation reason is way beyond our control.

I'm still looking forward to visit Bantayan Island some other time.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzette L
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked our stay in this resort several months back. Then Yolanda hit. To be honest, I was apprehensive about going thru with this vacation due to safety reasons. We were scheduled to go there two days after the typhoon hit. We had to confirm with the resort if it was ok to go there and if it was possible to go there, and they said yes.

Going to Bantayan took a lot of time. It was a grueling 5-hour bus ride and an hour boat ride. Once we were at the Sta Fe Port, we saw how badly Bantayan was damaged by Yolanda. Coconut leaves were everywhere. The shore was filled with seaweeds and garbage. Cottages and resorts were badly damaged. I didn't know what to expect when we got to Anika and frankly I was nervous.

Anyway, we were picked up at the port by Anika's shuttle. When we got there, I was impressed by the beauty of the place. Yes, they too were affected. But they were quick in getting their place back to shape. But the beach was still filled with seaweeds. Now, with regards to the accomodation, we stayed at the Garden view room and it was worth every penny. It was a good 30 seconds walk from the beach. My tip, instead of availing the beach view rooms that cost more, go for the garden view room instead. And if you want to marvel at the beauty of the beach, just go out of the room and hang out the beach chairs available. With regards to the room, the bed and pillows were comfortable. The air conditioning was good. The bathroom was clean with a hot and cold shower. They provide you with fresh towles, sachets of shampoo & conditioner and bars of soap daily. The room came with a flat screen TV with DVD player. You could rent DVDs from the reception area if you wanted to watch movies. Due to the storm, you couldn't watch anything so they let us borrow the DVDs for free.

Anika had their own restaurant where we gladly ate for three-day stay They had good and reasonably priced food, mind you. During our stay, they had a schedule when they would be serving food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I believe this was only because of the fact that due to Yolanda, they didn't have electricity yet and the resort was running on generators which were switched on from 7 to 9am, 11am to 2pm, 6 to 8pm and 9pm to 3am so you could sleep comfortably. Going back to the topic of food, you must try their Anika Fried Rice. Up to now, the boyfriend and I still crave for it. It was THAT good. Also try their steamed fish in soy sauce and their spicy squid. We liked those, too. We wanted to have veggies, but too bad they weren't available that time. Of course, we couldn't pass up tasting their famous danggit. Thank goodness we did. They were so good. Yup, Anika got me happy and plump with their food. Haha.

Their service was great. The staff were friendly and always smiling. They would gladly help you out and answer you if you have questions. They see to it that you feel comfortable and happy. Yes, the staff is part of the reason why I loved our stay there.

Prior to leaving Bantayan, they were able to clean the beach and I was awestruck by the serenity and the beauty of the place. It was also nice to see the locals smiling and laughing. Children, swimming and running. Fishermen, well, fishing. But what caught my attention was that they weren't riding their boats while fishing, they were pushing them and just walking in the water. The water was THAT shallow. It was also so blue and clear. I even got to see fishes swimming beside my foot. Oh, what a beauty this place is. I'm glad we went on this trip because for sure, we would be coming back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank clangywangy
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We planned our Dec. 29-30 holiday sometime in Sept. 2013, way before Yolanda came to town We were thus pleasantly surprised by availability of the amenities and the unscathed structure of the villas we stayed in. The beachfront is beautiful! The food was perfect -- they have everything for a vegetarian wife and husband, for a meatlover son and a pescatarian daughter! The ktichen staff was simply accommodating to our heart's desire.

Bangon Bantayan! Plan your next get away soon!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kota Beach Resort
Kota Beach Resort
#3 of 9 in Bantayan Island
Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar
Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant ...
#3 of 17 in Bantayan Island
Marlin's Beach Resort
Marlin's Beach Resort
#2 of 9 in Bantayan Island
Santa Fe Beach Club
Santa Fe Beach Club
#2 of 2 in Santa Fe

Been to Anika Island Resort? Share your experiences!