Anika Island Resort
  • Breakfast included
$45
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Ogtong Cave Resort(Bantayan Island)
$46
  • Pool
St. Bernard Beach Resort(Bantayan Island)
$61
$31
  • Beachfront
$50
$23
Agoda.com
Marlin's Beach Resort(Bantayan Island)
$81
$78
$33
$24
$41
$38
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscontainer vansbeach frontthe ocean view roomsecurity guardsunset villarooms are basicsta felow tidehagnaya portlong travelwhite sandbeach areaseafoodfree shuttlerestaurant offerscebu cityrestaurant staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The place is great, white sand, clean beach, clean but small rooms made Inside marines contaners, amazing. The restaurant need improvments, NO BAR, NO WINE, food ok, but expensive for the price and not always done the way it supposed to be. Better go out for lunch or diner. Bantayan is perfect for lovers if you bring your own girlfriend, because NO bikini bar there.
People all over the island are nice and friendly. I consider to retired there.

Room Tip: Some rooms are made with 2 contaners side to side, maybe they are bigger.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved our stay. Clean resort and good service. We were there for 3 days. Didnt dine out during our stay as the food is good enough for my group. My family loved the sweet and sour pork, fried chicken and fresh catch of the day. Only complaint: we ordered 2 fish at one time: one was fresh and one was stale (stale fish u could really taste it). Paid my bill every after meal to avoid confusion. It is a very relaxing place. Beach is not the greatest, not so clear but clean. Staff helpful especially the front desk. Also, they were kind enough to lend us their nebulizer when my 2 year niece had shortness of breath during our last day. Servers were patient enough to serve our group of 22 prople. We will definitely come back

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank countrytraveller200
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This isn't my first time in Bantayan Island and I usually stay elsewhere. But after reading the tripadvisor reviews, I decided to give this one a try. It was a very good decision.

This place was beautiful! Definitely not 5-star but beautiful nonetheless. The room (we got the cheapest one, the garden view) was indeed very small but it didn't bother us the least. In fact, I was impressed with how such a small room could have all the necessities. Serviceable closet, good bathroom, flatscreen TV with cable (was able to watch an NBA play-off game), verandah, and a pretty awesome bed.

For other resorts of this price, they would scrimp on the bed and the pillows. I was pleasantly surprised that the quality of the bed and the pillows were pretty awesome. My partner and I had an awesome night's sleep!

The food was good. We were too lazy to go out and look for other places to eat so we ate all our meals here. We had blue crabs twice during our stay (around 550php for 3-4 blue crabs) and they were sweet and very fresh.

We also booked the virgin island tour via the hotel ( I know you can get this cheaper by asking the locals around the beach area) but I was once again too lazy and was looking for an easy fix. It was well worth the trip if only to lie around in the sun. The water was great too. My gf and I decided to snorkel on what I guess they'd call the Virgin Island's house reef. Really not much to see as the corals were mostly dead but there were a lot of colorful fish. Still a very good way to spend your day.

Another important thing to note is that Anika really does make a point to keep their beach front seaweed free. Trust me..this is very important. It was very interesting because you can clearly see the demarkation line between Anika and the resort beside it. While Anika's beachfront is mostly spotless, guests of the other resort had to deal with a lot of wet seaweed. Could be a dealbreaker if you're looking at lying on the beach to soak up some sun.

Loved the service. Transfers to the port and the resort was free. Driver even made it a point to drive us straight to the loading area of the boat so it would be easier for us.

Of course there were a few things I should mention to give a fair review:

- Service was very, very good and it was quite efficient (except for one occasion which I will mention later). However, I do understand why some reviewers found the service cold and apathetic. It's because sometimes, when you go to an island, you expect a more personal and friendly kind of service. At Anika, you do get very efficient service but you don't really get a lot of smiles (except for the two ladies at the front desk--they were really warm and friendly).

- The one incident of bad service. We got into the habit of asking food to be brought to our room (10% service charge) so we can eat on the verandah. I guess they were really busy on that day because despite my having to ask four times, no one came over to pick up the dirty dishes. I wouldn't have minded much but it attracted A LOT of ants. We ate breakfast at around 7am and by the time someone was able to pick them up (I called someone over again), it was close to 6pm.

- Limited mobile phone signal in the room. But you're in an island so this really doesn't matter.

I'll definitely be back. Already making plans of possibly going back to Anika later this year.

Room Tip: I didn't mind the garden view room even if it was small. More finicky and claustrophobic guests may opt to take the beachfront rooms. I believe they are bigger.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank croces
Reviewed May 13, 2013

If youre looking for a quiet and safe resort, this is the place.. And the shoreline was impressive compared to other resorts, which we visit the following day after weve checked-in, no crowd, no trash, and finer sands.. Ive tried four other popular restaurants in sta fe, food here is way far better than those. The beach is for guest only, with a roving guard on the beach 24hrs. ( very important, and others dont have), and a standby caretaker on the beach to take your need in-case.... I suggest, Must have a pool; then its perfect.... And more rooms, always get full, must book early...

Room Tip: Room 15 reasonable price , good view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We've stayed at other resorts prior to Anika... we've compared the beach, rates, service and amenities....for us this resort was the best. We stayed in one of their Garden View Rooms, 2 adults and a six yr old kid. We were very satisfied with our room. It was very clean, that's very important for us, the size of the room did not bother us... most of the time we were out at the beach or the veranda. The room has a big window, so we didnt feel closed-in while inside the room.
The staff were friendly and attentive to the needs of their guests. One time I asked a staff what kind of grilled shells they're having... surprisingly after replying she offered us the platter and were asked to try it. Sweet. The manager gave us free ice creams. It was a nice gesture really and it was well appreciated. (We felt harassed already from porters, vendors and overcharging taxi/tricycle drivers! )
Here at Anika, they do not allow vendors to annoy the guests. One can relax and doze off at the beach without being disturbed. Don't hesitate... book here. Anika is a great place for some R&R, the perfect place to spend VACATION. So book early, do not hesitate or consider the neighboring resort (bp)... for the same rate you get a very clean room, quiet a/c, strong water pressure.... and... and... and...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family