“New Years Eve”

Anvil Arms
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I visited the Anvil Arms on New Year's Eve, the locals were friendly and the landlady had put on a free buffet with the option of a contribution to Air ambulance ( what a lovely gesture ) for the buffet which was excellent, the atmosphere was full of laughter and dancing to a mother and daughter duo sing pop/opera what a night, excellent, I wii be going back as soon as possible. Thank You

1  Thank John M
There are newer reviews for Anvil Arms

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed in Wold-Newton over the Christmas period and had a wonderful dinner at the Anvil Arms on the 21/12/2013. We enjoyed a fantastic 3 course meal for just 16 pounds/per person, then we were invited by the publican (Shelia) to have a drink with some of the local patrons. Warm, inviting with great service. We enjoyed it so much we returned to have another drink with our new friends on Christmas day.

1  Thank CarolineClapham
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went there for New Year's Eve and all I would say is its a very local pub. It was fine for a quiet drink but it's quite old and tired and we were hoping for something a bit more interesting that evening. I think on a normal night for a quiet drink it would be fine, and it has a pool table which is good.

1  Thank ManchNic
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, good service and excellent food, highly recommended and we will definitely going back

1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I came for lunch on Sunday and we were very impressed with the food ,service and cleanliness. We were given a warm welcome by the staff and were shown to our table in the bar as the restaurant was full. We actually prefer to sit in the bar so this wasn't a problem for us. I noticed the portion size of the meals that other diners had so I just had a main course but my husband managed three courses. It was a lovely traditional lunch menu with a choice of 3 or 4 roasts . The homemade Yorkshire puddings were gorgeous and the vegetable selection was so lovely with loads of choice. We both chose beef and it was a good choice but everything looked good especially the steak and kidney pudding the lady at the next table was eating. We met Sheila the landlady and cook and and she was so nice and we would like to compliment her on her very well run village pub. We wished we lived closer but it is worth travelling here from Pocklington and we will return soon.

1  Thank billolly