“Great Traditional Pub with Excellent Food”
Review of Triton Inn

Triton Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sledmere
Triton Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sledmere B&B and Inns
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Great Traditional Pub with Excellent Food”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I recently visited the Triton on a cold February day as a celebration birthday lunch with my husband. It was like an oasis in the desert. Warm, inviting with roaring log fire and well populated. Staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The food was excellent and also allowed half portions for some of the mains which was great as I am unable to consume large quantities. I did however manage one of their delicious deserts, definitely a reason to return. Great place, we have now booked a return visit with some friends.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have not been to the Triton for quite a long time and had forgotten how good it was. It felt very cozy with the big roaring fire and a good glass of wine in my hand. The staff were very good and the food was delicious. I had chicken breast with walnut stuffing. I loved it. The deserts were heavenly and the prices were very reasonable. It's unusual for me to find so many tempting things on a menu. I was spoilt for choice. We will be back sooner rather than later. Can't wait.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
scarboro north yorks
Reviewed December 23, 2012

On perhaps the the most dismal night of the winter so far we found ourselves at the Triton. Firstly we were amazed that it was so roomy as it looks quite tiny when passing. The xmas decorations themselves were worth turning out to see on the foulest of nights. Our food was excellent beautifully presented and piping hot. All was reasonably priced and good quality ingredients seemed to have been used to give mouthwatering results. The staff were lovely, welcoming and efficient. We look forward to returning and would certainly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank di1310
yorkshire
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Looking at the reviews I feel bad about writing this and it's taken me over a week but it was so bad i have to ave my say
We had been to York Xmas shopping and had been waiting all day for a loverly meal !
loverly atmosphere , Xmas decs looked really nice , warm and inviting , I ordered the cod and chips I know not very christmasy but I was starving , my partner ordered the duck and asked for his sauce on the side.Now my cod came I could not cut it at all I turned it over as I thought it must be the skin but no it was solid no flakes I could have made a pair of shoes out of it, I ate the batter but left the fish , I wasn't sure what had happened as I normally eat haddock so I didn't like to make a fuss as I wanted to ask my dad who loves fish, anyway turns out old frozen fish I felt sick for days with just thought of it , to say the triton is so close to the coast you would think they would know what old fish looks like and I can't believe they served it. My partners duck was dry and over cooked think that's why they normally put the sauce on it , I won't be going again it's a shame as there are not many decent places to eat near Bridlington . I wish I wasn't typical English and I'd complained maybe it was a different chef that day .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vivenrick
Whitby, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Invited by friends for a birthday do. Had some reservations as my wife is dairy intolerant but she rang them a few days earlier and the staff bent over backwards to accommodate her. The food was fabulous both ours and my wife's, in fact I would'nt have minded being dairy intolerant myself.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff both bar and waiting on. The Christmas feeling was everywhere and a great time was had by all.
Thank you to the Triton for going far beyond the call of duty.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bigm814
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

The Triton Inn is a well established country pub. The current tenants have been in situ for some time now and have done a great job of rebuilding this pub into a popular eating place. People travel far and wide to visit the Yorkshire Wolds and lap up some of the views and walks across the area that has been made famous by David Hockney and his paintings. This pub is just the best place to enjoy a locally brewed pint along with a good plate of proper pub food. From the starters to the steaks and from the pies to the Sunday lunches you will not be disappointed, and all at a reasonable price. The Yorkshire Puds are properly done and well worth a try. I really like this place because the Landlords like it too, and it shows.

• Stayed November 2012
Saddleworth
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Would recommend this for a superb pub lunch with a traditional country pub atmosphere. Our second visit here on route to the coast and was good food and value for money. Recommend the Yorkshire Ploughmans!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sledmere
Best Western The Bell In Driffield
#2 of 2 in Weaverthorpe
Forty One
Forty One
#4 of 17 in Driffield

Been to Triton Inn? Share your experiences!