“Lovely accommodation in a quiet area”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Ocean View Villa

Bathrooms
Principle Bedroom with En-suite Bathroom & Jacuzzi Bath
Double Bedroom 2
Twin Bedroom
Early October morning outside the villa
Front Patio Area
Views over the Ocean & Caleta from the Roof Terrace
Caleta beach
Sunrise from the Roof Terrace
Beach at Oliva
Sunset over the mountains from the rear patio
View of Costa Calma
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely accommodation in a quiet area”
Reviewed February 14, 2017 for a stay in November 2016

On the very edge of the development, overlooking the rocky desert. Close to the well made coastal path, but access to this involved climbing over neighbouring wall to avoid a very long walk! There were distinct signs of drainage problems en route to the coastal path. Large local supermarket about a mile away very good for provisions.
The accommodation itself was very pleasant, with a garden and roof terrace. Whilst we stayed unfortunately the swimming pool pump/ filter was broken so we were unable to take a dip. Would have liked some informative leaflets left in the property, for attractions,shopping, bus timetables, and possible emergencies - Doctors etc. The weather was kind to us and we enjoyed our stay.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Mar 7, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the nice comments about our home. Apologies for the late reply I have only just seen that you had sent a review.
Im really sorry about the pool pump being faulty, I had thought that the temporary repair would see it through until it could be repaired properly which it was shortly after your stay.
As a gesture of goodwill we would be happy to offer you a discount if you decided you would like to stay with us again to make up for the inconvenience of not being able to use the pool
I had thought I had left the local magazines in the villa which have the local information in that you mention but will check that again when I go again which is tomorrow :-)

Kind regards
Dawn
Aniko S
Nove Zamky, Slovakia
“Quite, relaxing holiday! Just perfect.”
Reviewed February 14, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Spent 2 weeks in Dawn's villa over christmas and new year and really enjoyed our stay. It was 4 adults and a 7 year old girl. Was a real home from home. Kitchen well equipped, more than enough towels, bedding, etc. The area is very quiet and peaceful which suited us all just fine. Would highly recommend this villa. The pool was too cold for us, but we are cold water wimps!! :-) We hired a car and explored the whole island which is stunning. Dawn was so kind and helpful even put up a christmas tree for us. Already thinking to go back next chrismas.
Thanks for everithing! Aniko

Feb 14, 2017
Hi Aniko thank you so much for taking the time for writing this lovely review. Its really important to us that people enjoy our home and the local area :-)
We love to have returning guests and you would be extremely welcome ...however we do have one booking over this period at the moment for 2017 so please do have a look at available dates asap to avoid disappointment.
Thank you again for your lovely comments
Kind regards Dawn
Theresa C
“Fantastic holiday.”
Reviewed October 20, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Well what can I say. I did try write a review previous to this one but not sure it saved.
We've stayed in feurtuventura several times now and decided to try a villa. We absolutely did the right thing. And have no plans to stay anywhere else.
The villa was fantastic. I'm in love with it that much I have already booked for April and July. And hoping at a push October again :).
First of all if like to thank Dawn for allowing us to spend 2 weeks in her gorgeous villa.
The kids loved the pool and spent many of hours enjoying splashing and swimming. The pool was fantastic and big enough for 3 children and 3 adults to comfortably have fun at the same time. Although I'm more of the sun bather so more of a dip to cool off.
The villa itself is everything you need. Immaculately clean. Beds really comfortable. Spacious just cannot fault it at all. Kids enjoyed the jacuzzi bath. As well as the adults lol.
I love cooking so the supermarket is 15 minute walk and about 3-4 euros in taxi. The kitchen is really spacious and has everything you need from tin openers. To bottle of wine cork screws. Which I needed lol. Washing machine. Microwave etc. The villa has everything which enables you to travel lighter which is always a bonus.
We prefer to stay in Antigua as its peaceful and not too busy enjoying the few bars that are around and meeting fantastic people. They really can't do enough for you. Highly recommend bennys bar. We adore him. But we also have the opportunity to go to caleta which is a busier resort which is a short walk along the sea front with amazing views and the opportunity to feed the chipmunks. They love peanuts.
The villas views are to die for. Absolutely breathtaking. Sitting up on the roof terrace eating breakfast. Dinner. Tea. Really is amazing.
Dawn couldn't do enough for us. Responded every message. Although none were of complaints just messages of how fabulous her villa was.
If you want a relaxing. Home from home accommodation then i'd highly recommend this villa. Although I'm hoping no one books so I can stay there forever ;). On a serious not though. I really can't say enough and how beautiful it is. Ive been back 2 days and miss it already.

Oct 24, 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Its very important to us that people enjoy our homes and to receive this one was delightful to say the least. We are more than happy to have you as returning guests as often as work will allow you and am sure that the lovely local people will also be as friendly and welcoming to returning guests and friends. Look forward to your next visit :-)
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 20, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our home. Reviews are always helpful for us so that we are able to take differing opinions on board and make amendments where necessary.
This review comes as no surprise to me and is just as I expected

In this instance I do feel I should point out that yes the guests did complain on the second day of arrival. I tried numerous times to resolve their claims and have continued to do so since then to no avail
My offer wasn’t to just move as is claimed in the review.
My offer was that if they were so unhappy with the villa that I would gladly offer them a full and complete refund and would also have helped them to find alternative accommodation.

This was refused and the party chose to stay there for the full week.
Despite asking many times what I could do to ensure that they enjoyed their holiday I had no response and still find myself at a complete loss as to what I could actually offer them other than the offers I made.
I actually went out there myself at the end of their stay as I was so alarmed at the claims to find that there was absolutely nothing wrong. Guests who have stayed there since have enjoyed it so much that have already rebooked for 2 further stays

If the villa was as bad as these people claim then to accept a full refund to move elsewhere would be the most sensible option and one that I offered immediately and without question. The only request came at the end of their stay when another family member made a demand on their behalf for a full complete refund despite staying the full week. This I refused which has since prompted this expected negative review
As for the comments about the location then that is ill informed nonsense
A better judge of the location would be to read the many positive views that have been left by other guests who have and continue to enjoy our home and also the friendly and welcoming residents and location
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 11, 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Its really important to us that people enjoy their stay in our homes. We are delighted that you will be coming back to us and you are more than welcome. Thanks again :-)
Malcolm W
“Good villa but lacking in basic facilties”
Reviewed October 19, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

The villa was very good with a small plunge pool. The airport is only about two miles away and the planes come quite close on the approach but they did not bother us very much.The location in the resort was very good. There are a couple of bars with music and three good restaurants but anybody who wants a bit more choice would be advised to go to either Calleta de Fuste which is one mile walk or two miles drive away, or Corralejo in the North which is forty five minutes drive. We thought that Corralejo was a very good resort but did not like Calleta. The nearest beach is also in Calleta but the best beaches are in Corralejo.
The villa was in a very good condition but very basic facilities such as; no tin opener, no towel rails or shelves in either bathroom. Crockery for four people and glasses for three when the villa is supposed to cater for six people. There were only three outside chairs and beds with no cushions or parasol.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: The flies which drove you mad if you sat outside.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Oct 22, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your holiday, your comments are very helpful to us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and sorry that you found some of the facilities not at their best for your trip. As this has now been brought to our attention we intend to do a complete inventory and quickly replace anything that our home is found to be lacking. In terms of the number of items left out such as sunbeds is usually done in relation to the number of guests booked for, however as its something that has been raised as an issue is something that we will now take into consideration. We did make a decision quite early on not to supply cushions for the sunbeds as its very difficult to maintain adequate hygiene standards for all of our guests but there should have been mats provided for extra comfort for under towels, I will also look into this. I would again like to say a big thank you for your very positive comments and also for your constructive feedback. Its very important to us that our guests enjoy our home and all feedback enables us to make any necessary adjustments to ensure this is the case. Kind regards
Suzanne73...
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“So Relaxing.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A lovely villa which felt like a home from home. The area is very quiet so if you're looking for peace and relaxation, this is the place to go. The few bars and restaurants are so welcoming and friendly and offer delicious food and fun. If you want something a bit more commercial, then a leisurely walk along the coastline to Caleta offers shops, mini golf, sandy beach and more bars and restaurants. The owner Dawn goes out of her way to make sure you have everything you need and makes the whole holiday planning a dream.
Thank you so much for a lovely stay :)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace and quiet and felt like home from home
Liked least: Area has a lot of unfinished building work going on
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Aug 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us and for your lovely comments, we do appreciate it very much. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and please do consider us again in the future :-)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing