“Wonderful!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wickham Market
Chequers Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed just the one night but it was fantastic. We had a lovely warm welcome from Jan who couldn't do enough. The Garden room is cosy and very comfortable with a light airy feel and very quiet and the entrance is separate from the owner's house. The location is very good for all the local sights and only 20 minutes from Aldeburgh seafront. The choice of breakfast was great and we plumped for the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs which also came with toast and fresh fruit salad, we didn't need to eat for the rest of the day!. The breakfast was served in the room so there was none of the last minute rushed dressing to get to breakfast on time. I can't recommend this place enough, we will be back for longer. One of the best - 5 stars.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you so much for your very kind review of Chequers.
Im delighted that everything about your stay was just as you wanted. Its always good to know that my guests have had an enjoyable and relaxing time and want to return.
I look forward to meeting you both again on your next visit.
Best wishes

There are newer reviews for Chequers Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed in the garden cottage, although small, it was lovely and clean and despite the building work going on outside, really cosy and peaceful. Jan made every effort to make me feel welcome and even made a take away breakfast for me on the day I had to leave as it was too early for breakfast. Lots of DVDs to choose from, I watched some as I was doing a course during the day and was simply too tired to go out in the evening, but the cottage is in a lovely location, walkable distance to centre of town. I would stay here again, if I do another course in the area.

Room Tip: The garden room is lovely, but I would recommend one of the other rooms if more than one person or s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank annelize l
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Hello Annelize,
Many thanks for your kind review of your stay here at Chequers. Im delighted to see that you would stay here again in the event that you have another course in this area.
Kind regards

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Having never stayed in a bed and breakfast before it was with great reluctance that I chose Chequers. I should never have worried - Chequers is as good as any five star hotel. The room was extremely inviting, cosy and exceptionally clean. I loved the little touches of the towelling robes, the shampoo, etc. Being able to make your own tea/coffee with a biscuit was a bonus. As far as the breakfast goes - just don't bank on having any room left for lunch. Jan was a wonderful host and nothing was too much trouble. I will definitely stay there whenever I visit that part of the world. it is also so convenient to be able to park your car off the road and next to your room. The garden room is a definite must.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank gaye r

Thank you so much for your lovely review of Chequers.
Im so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and delighted that you will be returning for future visits. My aim is that each of my guests leave feeling refreshed, rested and wanting to return.
Thank you again.
Best wishes

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night in December. The Chequers is well located close to the coastal tows Orford and Aldeborough.
Tucked away behind the main house
in its own garden area, the room is peaceful and very comfortable with plenty of space and easily ajustable heating. Breakfast was wonderful, two courses and fresh coffee. We thoroughly enjoyed everything about our stay and would recommend it very highly.

• Stayed: December 2013
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your glowing review of your recent stay here with us. Im delighted that you enjoyed it so much. I strive to give my guests a relaxing and pleasurable stay and its great when my efforts are recognised. I sincerely hope that we see you for another visit in 2014.
Kind regards

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Jan & Ray were fantastic hosts..They really had thought of everything & could not have done anymore to make our stay at chequers anymore comfortable & relaxing. I particularly loved that on the second day we arrived to find our wine in a cooler & wine glasses as well as two little dishes for the snacks we had brought along which had obviously been noted-it's the personal touches like this, that really make the difference. The breakfast was amazing! And we certainly did not need anything more until supper time! & the big freestanding bath..just to die for! I've started saving for one at home. Thankyou for a truly wonderful stay..I could not recommend this lovely little haven more highly :)

• Stayed: November 2013
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review of your stay here at Chequers. I'm delighted that you had such an enjoyable time and everything was to your liking. It was a pleasure having you stay and I hope to see you both on a return visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We've had the pleasure of staying at Chequers twice now and provided the local event we visit takes place again next year, I will be sure to return here. On our first visit we had the hayloft and on our second visit we stayed in the coach house. I wouldn't be able to tell you which room is better. In our case the coach house was the best option, as that comes with a very comfortable sofabed, but both rooms are absolutely fantastic. Service wise i can continue on the same beat, Janice is the best host you could wish for and will cook up a delicious, big breakfast for people with a big appetite, serve simple cereal for people with a small appetite and provide you with fresh fruit as well. Janice will go above and beyond the call of duty to make your stay a pleasant one. Have a hangover? Janice will sort you out. Best B&B we've ever been to.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your glowing review. I loved having you both back for another stay and hope to see you again next year.........fingers crossed your event takes place again. Its always a pleasure looking after you. Im delighted your second here visit was as good as your first.
Kind regards and thank you again
Janice

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Chequers 3 times now and absolutely love it! Janice and Ray are friendly and hospitable hosts who provide first class service. We have had the pleasure of staying in the Hayloft twice and the Coach House once; and both rooms are fantastic! If I was to choose a preference it would be the Hayloft as I absolutely love the decor and free standing bath!

The breakfast is delicious made with quality ingredients. I have had the full English and scrambled eggs with salmon which was beautiful and so fresh! The fruit salad is also incredible!

Chequers has a warm and relaxing feel about it where you can leave behind the hustle and bustle of London and enjoy the beautiful countryside lifestyle.

We enjoyed going into Woodbridge and dined out a few nights. The crown restaurant in particular is superb!

We will 100% be back to Chequers! It is the best B&B we have had the pleasure of staying in!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Having just read your review can I take this opportunity to say Im delighted that you enjoy your visits here at Chequers. I strive to make everyones stay here a relaxing and enjoyable one. Your review reassures me that Im "on the right track".
Thankyou again

#14 of 21 in Woodbridge
Hill House Hall
Hill House Hall
#4 of 21 in Woodbridge

Been to Chequers Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!