“Food was terrible”

The Lathkil Hotel
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Me and some friends visited here some time ago whilst visiting the area, the experience was poor to say the least, the buffet was very very odd, with salad and etc. The choice of hot food again very poor with not a hint of a sunday lunch in sight. It was all very confusing when paying she undercharged 2 others in our party realised and then took the money off us and told us to get the money off our friends. The views at this place are amazing but i will never go to this pub again unless it revamped its food area and menu.

2  Thank Claire W

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We planned to have lunch at this hotel as we were walking in the area. The whole experience was disappointing and we won't be returning.
We were made to feel unwelcome.
The buffet lunch was an odd combination of food.
Service was confusing and slow.
Staff that served food were young and untrained. Young boy served us food had very dirty fingernails which certainly put me off my food. He also took our cash between serving the food.
We had to stand and listen to the owner/manager bullying her staff in the kitchen whilst waiting in a long buffet queue.
The female manager/owner spoke very rudely to me when asking me if my boots were dirty. (They were clean as i had checked them)
It felt as if the way lunch was served at this hotel was all to suit the owners rather than the customer.
I feel that this hotel relies too much on its location as this and the beer are the only positive things I can say about it.

2  Thank caroline_s66